McDermott hangs up on Schopp and Bulldog

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, that mess of having good players and winning 7-9 games!  What heroes!

i mean they deserve credit for getting lucky and ending the drought but this offense has been unwatchable for 2 years.  Again, it all falls back on Allen. If he fails, they are done.

Well lets just check the timeline on that.....3 more years( after this one)to find out if Cornfed is an NFL QB.

Coach McD has 4 more years left so we have a match ;)  

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm torn. I'm glad McD cut the goodbyes short, but for once Schopp and BD were absolutely right. Playing Peterman is actually insane. I don't know what to do. 

Peterman was the only option??  Anderson just walked into the team 2 days ago he was deactivated......the crappy QB decisions made is just catching up with this team........the results well we see it most of time every sunday now......now if McDipsh@t actually puts Peterman in this weekend than i hope his seat starts boiling!

53 minutes ago, Peter said:

Here is the link to McCoach getting salty with Sal:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-time-to-move-forward

It begins about the 52 second mark. 

1) Sal asked what appears to be a fairly standard question;

2) McCoach gave him a really dirty look;

3) Sal for some reason said that he is sorry;

4) McCoach said next question;

5) McCoach gave him another dirty look and shook his head while taking the next question.

McCoach does not like to be questioned and may be feeling that his seat is getting hot . . . or at least warming up . . . .

What did Sal ask? Hard to tell

Funny thing was that Schopp was off the show for the final 20 minutes.  Something went down - either his boss was pissed, or Derek Boyko was on the other line.  

To his credit, I didn’t think Mike was any more snarky than he usually is.  He didn’t really go too far or hammer McDermott.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, LFC24 said:

Mcdermott won't last another 2 years here. he just can't cut it as an NFL coach. 

He won't get fired next offseason but i can see him getting axed mid season next year. He is officially on the hotseat if he trots out Peterman vs the colts 

yaaaa!

4 minutes ago, N.Y. Orangeman said:

New England fans are laughing at this..

At what - TBD?

1 minute ago, JPP said:

Peterman was the only option??  Anderson just walked into the team 2 days ago he was deactivated......the crappy QB decisions made is just catching up with this team........the results well we see it most of time every sunday now......now if McDipsh@t actually puts Peterman in this weekend than i hope his seat starts boiling!

He shouldn't have kept Peterman on the team last year. He shouldn't have started him against the Chargers. He shouldn't have kept him on the team after the Chargers. He shouldn't have kept him on the team before this season. He shouldn't have started him against the Ravens. He should have brought in a vet after the Chargers and after the Ravens. He shouldn't have kept him after the Ravens. 

None of those are hindsight either. I and others here said them before they happened. He shouldn't have put himself in the position of having to play him. It was gross negligence. 

Just listened.

McD did not "hang up" on them, per se.

The interview was over and Mike Schopp said "All right Sean, thanks!"

And then McD just hung up the phone without saying "you're welcome" or anything else.

They then went to break.

I listen to these guys all the time and this segment every week.  There was an uneasy tension running throughout this entire conversation and McD was not his usual self.  He was a little short at times.

Mike Schopp is VERY HARD on McD and the team in general; I suspect word has finally gotten back to McD about this and McD knows much more about what Mike Schopp says about him than Sean would ever let on publicly.

The interview got off to a bad start with Mike Schopp's very first question.  He basically asked something like "what do you see in Nate Peterman and like that the rest of us don't." 

I thought that was pretty edgy, much more so than Mike Schopp normally is in these things...and I think it just set McD off for the entire thing.

Pretty entertaining overall.  The question now is how does this impact the rest of their segments for the season and will this be addressed at all, next week.

We can only hope!  I'll have my popcorn ready.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

He shouldn't have kept Peterman on the team last year. He shouldn't have started him against the Chargers. He shouldn't have kept him on the team after the Chargers. He shouldn't have kept him on the team before this season. He shouldn't have started him against the Ravens. He should have brought in a vet after the Chargers and after the Ravens. He shouldn't have kept him after the Ravens. 

None of those are hindsight either. I and others here said them before they happened. He shouldn't have put himself in the position of having to play him. It was gross negligence. 

Yes thats what i mean......they made their bed and now they are realizing the garbage they created hence why he appears very touchy at the subject beign raised frequently.....as it should.....its an embarasement all around......

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

He's getting the criticism he deserves.

His love for Peterman is !@#$ing incredible.

No, it's not incredible at all. It's actually a bit scary if you ask for me. I don't get it. Character, what you do in practice, and being a "good teammate" don't count for sh*t if you're out there costing your team games. That is EXACTLY what he did yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Just listened.

McD did not "hang up" on them, per se.

The interview was over and Mike Schopp said "All right Sean, thanks!"

And then McD just hung up the phone without saying "you're welcome" or anything else.

They then went to break.

I listen to these guys all the time and this segment every week.  There was an uneasy tension running throughout this entire conversation and McD was not his usual self.  He was a little short at times.

Mike Schopp is VERY HARD on McD and the team in general; I suspect word has finally gotten back to McD about this and McD knows much more about what Mike Schopp says about him than Sean would ever let on publicly.

The interview got off to a bad start with Mike Schopp's very first question.  He basically asked something like "what do you see in Nate Peterman and like that the rest of us don't." 

I thought that was pretty edgy, much more so than Mike Schopp normally is in these things...and I think it just set McD off for the entire thing.

Pretty entertaining overall.  The question now is how does this impact the rest of their segments for the season and will this be addressed at all, next week.

We can only hope!  I'll have my popcorn ready.

I agree....You need to listen to the Bills postgame show.  Schopp basically said “What has McDermott done that’s actually good?”  He called him out and made it sound like he (Schopp) knew more than he did.  IMO he came off like a real ass.  Much much worse than today.  

I can bet that McDermott who was in bad mood, got word of these comments.  

To make matters worse, Mike was off the show for the final segment.  Something went down either on the station or with the Bills for them not to wait until after the show.  

We will see how good this defense really is when they play NE on MNF

If they hold Brady and co to less than 27 I will be very impressed. Less than 24 and I will start to believe that they are truly elite, as opposed to Jim Schwartz elite, which means "elite" until you face a good offense then you can't force a punt the entire game.

That said, they have tons of cap space and lots of draft picks next year. They could draft WR/TE in rounds 1 and 2 as well as sign a WR in free agency and it's a totally different conversation.

1 minute ago, GreatComeback said:

Funny thing was that Schopp was off the show for the final 20 minutes.  Something went down - either his boss was pissed, or Derek Boyko was on the other line.  

To his credit, I didn’t think Mike was any more snarky than he usually is.  He didn’t really go too far or hammer McDermott.  

Agreed...And I'm pretty much a McBeane supporter...But in this case both hosts asked the questions they HAD to ask and did it in a respectful enough way...

Who know what is going on behind the scenes with McD today...He's in a spot with Peterman and he obviously knows it...But I don't think he handled it as well as he could have...?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

I agree....You need to listen to the Bills postgame show.  Schopp basically said “What has McDermott done that’s actually good?”  He called him out and made it sound like he (Schopp) knew more than he did.  IMO he came off like a real ass.  Much much worse than today.  

I can bet that McDermott who was in bad mood, got word of these comments.  

To make matters worse, Mike was off the show for the final segment.  Something went down either on the station or with the Bills for them not to wait until after the show.  

I did listen to the post game show yesterday, and yes, Schopp was very critical of McD.  He has been like that for a week or 2 now. His criticism has increased in intensity, no doubt.

I am listening to the remainder of Hour 3 from their show today as I type, and I see what you mean about Schopp not being around.  

The interview with McD ended, and S&B went to break pretty quickly.  After the break, Schopp was magically not there.  I didn't really notice for a while until reading your comments!  But it's just all Bulldog talking and taking phone calls.  No comments from Mike Schopp.

I wonder if McD initiated a call with Schopp, or vice versa, during the commercial break after their segment, and it blew up into some big thing and Schopp was not available.

I will continue to listen to Hour 3 and Hour 4 and try to figure out what happened.

This is definitely some entertaining stuff!

1 hour ago, LFC24 said:

Mcdermott won't last another 2 years here. he just can't cut it as an NFL coach. 

He won't get fired next offseason but i can see him getting axed mid season next year. He is officially on the hotseat if he trots out Peterman vs the colts 

Dealing with those two fugnutz is not a yardstick for a good coach. 

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I did listen to the post game show yesterday, and yes, Schopp was very critical of McD.  He has been like that for a week or 2 now. His criticism has increased in intensity, no doubt.

I am listening to the remainder of Hour 3 from their show today as I type, and I see what you mean about Schopp not being around.  

The interview with McD ended, and S&B went to break pretty quickly.  After the break, Schopp was magically not there.  I didn't really notice for a while until reading your comments!  But it's just all Bulldog talking and taking phone calls.  No comments from Mike Schopp.

I wonder if McD initiated a call with Schopp, or vice versa, during the commercial break after their segment, and it blew up into some big thing and Schopp was not available.

I will continue to listen to Hour 3 and Hour 4 and try to figure out what happened.

This is definitely some entertaining stuff!

McDermott has a weekly show on WGR. 

• Thank you (+1) 1