McDermott hangs up on Schopp and Bulldog

Didn’t think he hung up, the hosts just abruptly said, thanks Sean and then dead air.

But the interview was awkward from the start.  Schoop was snarky as usual and his very first question ended with something along the lines of why is Nate on the team and “what do you see in Peterman that nobody else sees”? 

So immediately that probably put McD on notice but he answered as vanilla as he could and was polite.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

A disconnect? Please. They end the same way every single time. And McDermott is always courteous and makes sure to have a respectful end to the interview. He clearly heard the goodbye and just hung up. 

Also, of note, Schopp has been off the air since it happened and Bulldog just keeps taking phone calls awkwardly moving along.

Keep chasing ghosts my man! 

Mountain,  meet this molehill

Also, you understand that when there is a tech issue or a disconnect that means the other person is no longer able to say goodbye qnd answer the silly question of 'do you have any questions for us?' right? Thus,  unable to end the same way as every other time lol

Edited by gobills1212

43 minutes ago, GG said:

Even if they were valid questions about how the team is playing?

Didn't sound like he hung up, but was definitely short with his responses.  

I didn't hear the interview so I can't say whether or not they were valid questions.  I'm sure Schoop probably phrased a few of them in a way to get under McD's skin since he likes to do that.

37 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Didn't TB12 hang up on his weekly radio show not once, but twice? I remember once it was about his family and then his health whisperer Alex Guerrero--anyways, fail to see what the big deal is. If the questions asked are lacking in respect, professionalism or football substance, then I have zero issues with this (however, I don't have any idea what was actually asked or how).

I think so.  I really don't care what they ask about either as long as it's relative to the team.

35 minutes ago, mannc said:

So you don’t think he has any obligation to explain himself?  If radio hosts don’t have the right to ask him questions, who does?  Chris Brown?  Murph?

He's obligated to be on the show.  Do I want him to answer questions about the team, of course.  Am I going to get coach-speak, most definitely.

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Omg.  It’s part of the job.  As annoying as the media is, it’s what he gets paid for.  Asking why a guy who has the worst interception % in nfl history is not out of line.  

But trust the process and don’t ask me any tough questions.

Again, haven't heard the interview but asking about Peterman being bad and expecting a "yea he really sucks and we're exploring the trade market for anything to help out QB situation" isn't going to happen.  

35 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Really? A disconnect gets a post saying he hung up?? I listened and didnt take that away at all. Seemed more like a technical issue. They said goodbye, and just didnt get the goodbye back. Much a do about nothing imo

we must harrumph.......

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Keep chasing ghosts my man! 

Mountain,  meet this molehill

Also, you understand that when there is a tech issue or a disconnect that means the other person is no longer able to say goodbye qnd answer the silly question of 'do you have any questions for us?' right? Thus,  unable to end the same way as every other time lol

I usually listen to the coach interview on the ride home every week. This one was different. There are others that noticed on Twitter and they even quickly mentioned that it felt like they were hung up on before going to break.

The interview will be made available in the vault. It's worth a listen. Maybe i'm blowing it out of proportion. But it seemed a very out of character interview with an abrupt end.

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

A disconnect? Please. They end the same way every single time. And McDermott is always courteous and makes sure to have a respectful end to the interview. He clearly heard the goodbye and just hung up. 

Also, of note, Schopp has been off the air since it happened and Bulldog just keeps taking phone calls awkwardly moving along.

I think when answering the 1st question on Peterman he should not lead with "I saw some good things early on..." 

I'm not trying to be overly critical of McD...I don't want the guy fired, and despite his obvious blind spot for Peterman, I get that he really likes the kid...But come on...Read the room (or in this case the fan base) just a little bit...All he has to say is...regardless of any positives...it was not good enough...And move on...But instead, at least to me, it feels like he's being purposely stubborn about it...And that IS NOT going to go over well with this fan base...I'm really hoping McD is not making the mistake other HC's have before in underestimating this fan base and it's ability to see things for what they truly are, along with recognizing the bullspit when they hear it...

I REALLY hope he is not making that mistake, because that will kill him in Buffalo...Period...End of story...?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, In Nate We Trust said:

Yeah, the guy who brought the Bills to the playoffs for the first time in 17 years can't coach.  He has worked with Beane to clear out all the Whaley and Ryan mess and have built an elite defense and are loaded with money for next year to fix the offense. Amazing people forget he was a playoff coach in his first year. How many guys can say that.

Yeah, that mess of having good players and winning 7-9 games!  What heroes!

i mean they deserve credit for getting lucky and ending the drought but this offense has been unwatchable for 2 years.  Again, it all falls back on Allen. If he fails, they are done.

19 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No matter how much you wish, or spew dumb comments, unless McDermott quits, he will be the HC for at least three more seasons.

Buckle up, buttercup.

Three more years total

Just now, In Nate We Trust said:

Playing a guy who threw the first Bills passing TD in 13 quarters is insane? Does he have Joe Montana on the bench? You think there are a bunch of quarterbacks lining up to play with the worst offensive line and worst group of receivers in the NFL.

You cannot play QB in the NFL with any sustained success with a rag arm. You cannot do it. He has shown it over (Chargers) and over (Jaguars) and over (Ravens) and over (Texans). Of course he can throw a couple nice short passes to wide open guys when he has all day. But when you cannot throw a four yard out pattern across half the field you cannot play in this league. Period. And that is not his only liability. There are at least three more beauts. 

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

this is totally audio vault material.

McDermott acts like Andy Dalton throwing a miracle TD pass in a game the Bilsl weren't even in and almost winning a wild card game in Jacksonville makes him Bill Belichick.

I missed that “almost won game” in JAX, sure as heck wasn’t the one they put up 3 points