McDermott hangs up on Schopp and Bulldog

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well I would hang up on them too if they questioned what I was doing as an NFL head coach by two radio hosts.

Didn't TB12 hang up on his weekly radio show not once, but twice? I remember once it was about his family and then his health whisperer Alex Guerrero--anyways, fail to see what the big deal is. If the questions asked are lacking in respect, professionalism or football substance, then I have zero issues with this (however, I don't have any idea what was actually asked or how).

Challenging the Head Coach (capital "H", capital "C") is NOT part of the process.   How DARE they ask questions on a Q&A show.

Coach McD never talked back to a Head Coach.  Just like Nate.  Nate gets it; that's why he's headed for the Pro Bowl - shows up on time, says "yes, Sir", doesn't talk back.  These radio guys with their fancy "numbers" and "analytics" and questions just don't get it.

Edited by MRM33064
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Well I would hang up on them too if they questioned what I was doing as an NFL head coach by two radio hosts.

So you don’t think he has any obligation to explain himself?  If radio hosts don’t have the right to ask him questions, who does?  Chris Brown?  Murph?

9 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

34 minutes ago

Wtf, are Putin’s trollbot farms now descending on NFL fan message boards?

They're emboldened from getting Trump elected. The thought is they had done the near impossible with Trump's election, so now they're trying something superhuman and getting people to believe Peterman can be anything other than a punchline to a very sad joke.

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Omg.  It’s part of the job.  As annoying as the media is, it’s what he gets paid for.  Asking why a guy who has the worst interception % in nfl history is not out of line.  

But trust the process and don’t ask me any tough questions.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Peter said:

Hanging up on the Buffalo Bills' flagship station apparently is now part of the process.

You all may recall how McCoach treated Sal in a press conference a few weeks back.  There appears to be a bit of a dark side to this guy . . . .

Here is the link to McCoach getting salty with Sal:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-time-to-move-forward

It begins about the 52 second mark. 

1) Sal asked what appears to be a fairly standard question;

2) McCoach gave him a really dirty look;

3) Sal for some reason said that he is sorry;

4) McCoach said next question;

5) McCoach gave him another dirty look and shook his head while taking the next question.

McCoach does not like to be questioned and may be feeling that his seat is getting hot . . . or at least warming up . . . .

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gobills1212 said:

Really? A disconnect gets a post saying he hung up?? I listened and didnt take that away at all. Seemed more like a technical issue. They said goodbye, and just didnt get the goodbye back. Much a do about nothing imo

I think that would be a more plausible interpretation if he hadn't been passive-aggressive during the entire segment. :)

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Really? A disconnect gets a post saying he hung up?? I listened and didnt take that away at all. Seemed more like a technical issue. They said goodbye, and just didnt get the goodbye back. Much a do about nothing imo

A disconnect? Please. They end the same way every single time. And McDermott is always courteous and makes sure to have a respectful end to the interview. He clearly heard the goodbye and just hung up. 

Also, of note, Schopp has been off the air since it happened and Bulldog just keeps taking phone calls awkwardly moving along.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

A disconnect? Please. They end the same way every single time. And McDermott is always courteous and makes sure to have a respectful end to the interview. He clearly heard the goodbye and just hung up. 

Also, of note, Schopp has been off the air since it happened and Bulldog just keeps taking phone calls awkwardly moving along.

Schopp is on right now. You yahoos made curious enough to turn it on

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

That doesn't really qualify as a hang-up though more mildly rude than anything else.

46 minutes ago, LFC24 said:

Mcdermott won't last another 2 years here. he just can't cut it as an NFL coach. 

He won't get fired next offseason but i can see him getting axed mid season next year. He is officially on the hotseat if he trots out Peterman vs the colts 

No matter how much you wish, or spew dumb comments, unless McDermott quits, he will be the HC for at least three more seasons.

Buckle up, buttercup.

• Like (+1) 2

I made the mistake of tuning in at 3pm on the drive home( I know foolish me but all the classic rock stations were in commercials)

So it was basically a carry over from Friday...Cornfed isn't progressing and its time to draft another QB.

But how can we trust McD to draft and develop a new QB when he blew it with Peter beater and Cornfed?

F those two idiots saying crap like that when they know the Coach is coming on.

If I ever see them on the street I am going to bust them in the mouth :(

• Like (+1) 1