Sal Capaccio Gets Bombarded With Bad Takes From Bills Fans

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Actually he was picked in the 6th round, so all 32 teams passed on him 5 times and some 6.

But they all passed in the regular draft.

TB was taken in the supplemental draft.

Just now, JMF2006 said:

TB was taken in the supplemental draft. 

Link?

https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl-quarterbacks-drafted-ahead-tom-brady.html/

The reality of the situation is that the guys who get paid millions of dollars to assemble NFL teams thought so little of Brady that 198 players were selected ahead of him. Six of those 198 players were quarterbacks.

2 hours ago, GreatComeback said:

https://app.radio.com/CbrClIUK2Q

If you like comedy and the Bills, you’ll love Sal’s Extra Point Show.

Sal doesn’t have guests - only callers.  Man are the results hilarious, including:

3 fans that called in to say that the Bills should sign Colin Kaepernick.  Sal said something like “he brings a distraction and the Bills and 31 NFL teams don’t want that.”

One guy who said McDermott trusts Peterman more than Allen as a passer and used the final drives against Tennessee vs Houston as evidence.

Another dude said that McDermott should have run the ball on the final drive and played for overtime with 2:00 minutes left.  Sal said “what are you supposed to do in overtime then?”  

The last caller said Terry Pegula should survey all defensive backs and ask if they fear playing Nathan Peterman and make a decision about the results.  Sal said, “that is a terrible idea”. LOL

If you thought some of the posts in here were legendary, this show might have them beat.  Poor Sal, he was doing a good job trying to be cordial but by the end of the show he got a little short and testy.  

I heard it all. It was tremendous.

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Callers are ALWAYS the worst part of any Sports Talk Radio show. I love how Sal handles them, he's basically the only one in the business that calls people out on their stupidity.

I disagree.  I listen to call in shows BECAUSE of the callers.  I get tired of hearing these know it alls tell how it really is even though they're basically TBDers that get paid..  I prefer to listen to the callers opinions.

However nowadays it's like reading TBD.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I disagree.  I listen to call in shows BECAUSE of the callers.  I get tired of hearing these know it alls tell how it really is even though they're basically TBDers that get paid..  I prefer to listen to the callers opinions.

However nowadays it's like reading TBD.

Worst and most entertaining arent mutually exclusive :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, GreatComeback said:

If you thought some of the posts in here were legendary, this show might have them beat.  Poor Sal, he was doing a good job trying to be cordial but by the end of the show he got a little short and testy.  

Let me get this straight...........you are *surprised* that takes from people who call am talk shows and patiently breathe thru their mouth on hold for an hour only to forget what they wanted to say are worse than those of people who, in 2018,  can actually use a computer to collect and express their thoughts? ?      

9 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Sal is every bit the jerk that Schopp is when he's behind the controls. He literally listens to the caller and interrupts as soon as he finds something that they're wrong about and it doesn't matter what the main point of the call is.

And his "coach" cred died on Peterman hill last year.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Callers are ALWAYS the worst part of any Sports Talk Radio show. I love how Sal handles them, he's basically the only one in the business that calls people out on their stupidity.

Callers can be bad. It's also how the hosts go about attracting callers.

That's why I listen to the Dan Lebatard show. He doesn't take calls unless it's some joke or parody.

WGR caters to the worst callers in the laziest way. It's fun to listen to if you just laugh at all the people involved in the charade.

9 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

The 31 other teams argument is so dumb.

31 other teams didn't want Kurt Warner either.  32 teams passed on Tommy 5 times.

Are we trying to win, or avoid controversy? I vote for winning.  Let the  chips fall where they may.

...uh Kaep sucked once teams figured out he was a 1 trick pony.  Come on man! 

10 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The survey guy was also a doctor and started talking about how peterman has a pinched nerve in his neck, I was hoping Sal was gonna press on that issue a bit more

That guy had me rolling.  Sal sounded legit pissed that even insinuated a survery and then was downright indignant when he tried to play doctor.  I usually listen to his show at lunch while taking a walk at work.  People must have thought I was a lunatic when I was laughing loudly with nothing happening around me.  

10 hours ago, GreatComeback said:

Really how much does Sal make?

Guessing around 100k a year (I hope for his sake) plus a lifetime supply of that sauce no one buys he's always hyping up.

I'd guess that's the going rate for the top talking heads at WGR. Murphy, maybe Tasker too, being at the higher end of that.

Edited by I am the egg man