Sal Capaccio Gets Bombarded With Bad Takes From Bills Fans

https://app.radio.com/CbrClIUK2Q

If you like comedy and the Bills, you’ll love Sal’s Extra Point Show.

Sal doesn’t have guests - only callers.  Man are the results hilarious, including:

3 fans that called in to say that the Bills should sign Colin Kaepernick.  Sal said something like “he brings a distraction and the Bills and 31 NFL teams don’t want that.”

One guy who said McDermott trusts Peterman more than Allen as a passer and used the final drives against Tennessee vs Houston as evidence.

Another dude said that McDermott should have run the ball on the final drive and played for overtime with 2:00 minutes left.  Sal said “what are you supposed to do in overtime then?”  

The last caller said Terry Pegula should survey all defensive backs and ask if they fear playing Nathan Peterman and make a decision about the results.  Sal said, “that is a terrible idea”. LOL

If you thought some of the posts in here were legendary, this show might have them beat.  Poor Sal, he was doing a good job trying to be cordial but by the end of the show he got a little short and testy.  

Edited by GreatComeback
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

Sal doesn’t have guests - only callers.  Man are the results hilarious, including:

3 fans that called in to say that the Bills should sign Colin Kaepernick.  Sal said something like “he brings a distraction and the Bills and 31 NFL teams don’t want that.”

One guy who said McDermott trusts Peterman more than Allen as a passer and used the final drives against Tennessee vs Houston as evidence.

Another dude said that McDermott should have run the ball on the final drive and played for overtime with 2:00 minutes left.  Sal said “what are you supposed to do in overtime then?”  

The last caller said Terry Pegula should survey all defensive backs and ask if they fear playing Nathan Peterman and make a decision about the results.  Sal said, “that is a terrible idea”. LOL

If you thought some of the posts in here were legendary, this show might have them beat.  Poor Sal, he was doing a good job trying to be cordial but by the end of the show he got a little short and testy.  

The survey guy was also a doctor and started talking about how peterman has a pinched nerve in his neck, I was hoping Sal was gonna press on that issue a bit more

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

Heard the bolded and couldn't stop laughing at thinking where do these yahoos come from. 

That last guy had zero game and wanted to argue with Sal, it was hilarious. 

20 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

It's not just that the posts here are bad, some are really ignorant and lack class!

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

So it’s basically this forum but on the radio?

Yea pretty much.  But it’s funny to hear the inflection in the callers voices.  It’s funny because you know Sal is annoyed but he can’t sound like a jerk.  Still he will shoot back at them.

22 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

The survey guy was also a doctor and started talking about how peterman has a pinched nerve in his neck, I was hoping Sal was gonna press on that issue a bit more

Yes forgot about that but it was hilarious 

25 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

The 31 other teams argument is so dumb.

31 other teams didn't want Kurt Warner either.  32 teams passed on Tommy 5 times.

Are we trying to win, or avoid controversy? I vote for winning.  Let the  chips fall where they may.

• Like (+1) 1

Call-in sports radio is a haven for fools and ignoramuses. I used to snicker listening to Art Wander spitting all over his microphone as he responded to some of the buffoons that would call. Chuck Dickerson revelled in it as he spewed his convoluted drivel. Some here are highly critical of Mike Schoop for the way he talks down to the callers- but let's be honest, most of those callers are morons.

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

31 other teams didn't want Kurt Warner either.  32 teams passed on Tommy 5 times.

Are we trying to win, or avoid controversy? I vote for winning.  Let the  chips fall where they may.

Right, but his point is that it’s not just the Bills that passed him up to avoid controversy.  It’s essentially the entire league.  

2 minutes ago, RussellDopeland said:

Call-in sports radio is a haven for fools and ignoramuses. I used to snicker listening to Art Wander spitting all over his microphone as he responded to some of the buffoons that would call. Chuck Dickerson revelled in it as he spewed his convoluted drivel. Some here are highly critical of Mike Schoop for the way he talks down to the callers- but let's be honest, most of those callers are morons.

Very true, but the crazy reactions are pretty funny too.  Sal doesn’t talk down to callers like a Schopp does, but he comes close.

34 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

I'll answer this one for Sal. In overtime you slate a run-heavy attack that doesn't require you to put the entire game on Peterman's ability to run a 2-minute offense with no timeouts. Taking a knee 3 times and punting is a better option than asking Peterman to throw the ball with 1:34 left.

• Like (+1) 1

Can't stand Sal "How Can I Interject ME and/or Max into this Story' Capaccio. Blow hard jock sniffing fanboy. 

Luckily I only listen to WGR when stuck in someone else's car or the rare time I'm driving for more than 5 minutes. 

I have come around on Schopp for two reasons. He's intelligent with a mind of his own, not some honk rehashing everyone else's work and ideas, like everyone other analytics regurgitating idiot on those shows (minus Bulldog, he's just doesn't seem to care). The second is, being smart and having to deal with the callers has to be mind numbing. When you want to have intelligent conversations and morons call stating Terry Pegula should be talking to DBs, it probably makes you want to blow your brains out and instead you turn into a condescending jerk, which he clearly can be and I think would admit to it. 

Those two children they have on at night that just try to act smart by talking about analytics are unbearable. 

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Agreed

3 minutes ago, QCity said:

I'll answer this one for Sal. In overtime you slate a run-heavy attack that doesn't require you to put the entire game on Peterman's ability to run a 2-minute offense with no timeouts. Taking a knee 3 times and punting is a better option than asking Peterman to throw the ball with 1:34 left.

Feed Shady and eat clock.  It's not that complicated.

I'll post on here now and then while I am on a conference call, and do peruse the site regularly.  I can never understand:

1) How someone has the time to call a radio show in the middle of the day, and what they hope to get out of it

2) Why anyone thinks their opinion on the team is valuable to have others listen to

• Like (+1) 2