Prediction: chiefs miss playoffs and mahomes ends up with 15+ interceptions

Hebert19

Today is the day to start bad threads 

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't know if the cheaps will miss the playoffs or he will throw 15 INts, but it does look like he is being figured out. 

Hes on pace for 45 tds.   What’s the figured out part you speak of ?

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't know if the cheaps will miss the playoffs or he will throw 15 INts, but it does look like he is being figured out. 

Belichick threw every kitchen sink in the greater Boston area at him last night and the kid scored 5 times on 6 second half possessions.

• Like (+1) 3

I do think Mahomes will have a period where he struggles (Defenses will adjust to him, he still is a young fairly inexperienced starter, some regression is likely) but the Chiefs will certainly make the playoffs (Likely with a bye week) unless there are catastrophic injuries. 

25 minutes ago, Simon said:

Belichick threw every kitchen sink in the greater Boston area at him last night and the kid scored 5 times on 6 second half possessions.

So true. Even dug deep and pulled out the standing Defenders milling around the LOS trick from the early 2000’s vs Bledsoe. 

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Yep. Looked like Reid and the kid “figured out” some things at the half themselves. 

54 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

So true. Even dug deep and pulled out the standing Defenders milling around the LOS trick from the early 2000’s vs Bledsoe. 

When he first started running those zone dogs early, I had a feeling he was going to get a pick out of it.

But never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that Mahomes was going to go off like that in the 2nd half; and that's coming form a guy that has been singing his praises since the first time I saw play earlier this year.

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Did his team win?

^^^

21 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Are you serious ?    

Of course reddogblitz is serious.  According to the Bills faithful cheerleaders, any player that the Bills sent packing or that the Bills passed on in the draft to take another "project" is trash unless his team wins every out, even when the current Bills roster is filled with scrubs like it is this season because we all know that "next year the Bills have X $$$ for FAs and X draft picks" and the Bills will load up on superstars and win the SB.

16 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Now.  Hear me out.  I think hes going to be the best QB in the league sooner than later so I'm not doubting his talent.  But the media is making him out to be that now...when hes just not.  Park the stats and watch the game as I keep saying when evaluating these young QBs.  People said Watson was still amazing because of his stats.   How did he look yesterday?

Here's why:

1.  Defenses will slowly figure him out.  

2.  Defenses will very quickly figure Andy Reid out.  As they do every year.  How many times has he started the year 4 and 0 and missed playoffs.  

3.  Last night he could have thrown 5 or 6 INTs easily.  There were countless ill advised throws that ended up falling incomplete fortunately for him.  His decision making was not good.  But his athleticism and supporting cast has let him get away with it. For now  

4.  Someone inevitably gets hurt.   Take hill kelce or hunt off the team and things will get a lot harder on him. 

Again.  This isn't saying hes not a great qb with great potential.  Its saying that he will fall back to earth sooner than later.  

LOL LOL.....you do realize, even after losing to the Patriots, the Chiefs are still all alone in first place in the AFC at 5-1.....with road wins over the Broncos, Chargers and Steelers....with head to head tie breakers on the Chargers, Steelers, and Jaguars to boot?  ....we get Cincinatti at home this week and the only other real threat in the AFC, the Ravens, also visit KC later this year.  We are the 2 seed at worst.  We've also only been at home twice this year, and now finaly get to the somewhat easier part of what is overall, a very difficult schedule.

Defenses have already figured out Mahomes..you have to get pressure on him in a hurry and give him unusual looks...Denver and New England did all you can possibly do on an NFL field to get to the guy...he ended up adjusting to THEM at halftime....becoming the first QB to WIN in Denver in 65 games when trailing there by 10 or more in the 4th quarter...and he hung 40 on the Patriots and everything they had after a bad first half.....it's tough to have succeeded in figuring a guy out, get him running for his life and he STILL has the ability to throw ropes 30 yards downfield anyway.....good luck with that.  I can live with an INT or two if he ends up extending 5 or 6 other drives etc because he difficult to stop...the trade off is worth the risk.

Finaly....someone getting hurt...going into the NE game...lost starting RG...then lost starting C during the game...missing Eric Berry all year...and for this game also missing Justin Houston...not as big a deal as losing Hill or Kelce would be..but the only thing this D does well is rush the passer from the edge with Houston and Ford..if you only have the one...then he gets double teamed.  

He may end up with 15 INTs.....and 40 or more TD's....sign me up.

i think he'll likely get 15 ints, based on the fact that their d is pretty terrible and they will be pressing on most drives.  i don't see them missing the playoffs, but their chances in the playoffs depend on their d just waking up.  maybe berry coming back (is that even possible this year?) could wake them up like bob sanders woke up the indy d in their championship season.