Is Nathan Peterman Sean McDermotts love child?

Foreigner

I know a couple of buddies who couldn't wait to get rid of Peterman in the off-season. Then, he had a good showing in preseason. But it's only preseason. Maybe they should've just kept McCarron. He probably would've been a wiser choice as a veteran backup than a unproven second year guy best known for the awful five interception atrocity. 

Unless they thought it was this Peterman! 

image.webp

Religious freedom my friend means you tolerate other people speech. This country does not put people

in jail, throw them out of the country, or worse because of their speech whether it is hateful or not.

But I do have a problem with whoever thought it was a good idea to keep Peterman and get rid of McCarron.

Maybe it was about the money. Peterman making minimum or close to it pay. I am also willing to

bet that Beane and McDermott are also low on the Management scale in the NFL. When someone says

it wasn't about the money, it's always about the money.

18 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Religious freedom my friend means you tolerate other people speech. This country does not put people

in jail, throw them out of the country, or worse because of their speech whether it is hateful or not.

But I do have a problem with whoever thought it was a good idea to keep Peterman and get rid of McCarron.

Maybe it was about the money. Peterman making minimum or close to it pay. I am also willing to

bet that Beane and McDermott are also low on the Management scale in the NFL. When someone says

it wasn't about the money, it's always about the money.

Thats no religious freedom.  Making a baseless accusation of descrimination as though it was a fact with zero proof, is offensive, intolerant and just not cool. People don’t go to jail but websites, publications, and personalities do end up in court.  

1 hour ago, GreatComeback said:

Wrong I have no problem with saying Peterman should not be on an NFL roster.  I do have a problem with several members claiming that McDermott’s and Pegula’s decision were based on religion.  

The religious insinuation was no joke or opinion - it was presented as a claim.  

This insinuates that the Bills were prejudiced and discriminatory with this decision, yet there is no proof.  Tasteless jokes and baseless allegations like this one are totally out of bounds.  

We've all been influenced by the President. He's inspired us to tell it like it is. Meaning no facts, reason, civility or etiquette. 

"McDermott and Peterman have private prayer sessions" 

Infowars

I don't believe it's some sort of grand religious conspiracy.  If that were the case, then why draft Allen - who courted controversy by tweeting offensive rap lyrics?  I haven't heard anything about Allen being overly Christian or anything.

Also, based on their preseason performances and the salary situations, I too would have kept Peterman and shipped off McCarron.  I don't have a problem with it.  Peterman appeared to have progressed in the offseason and looked ready to take the next step.  Yes, he was atrocious against the Chargers and shaky against the Jags in tough spots, but he otherwise looked at least serviceable in his other two outings vs the Saints and Colts.  My only complaint is that they didn't move quicker to fill the backup role once Peterman showed in week one that he was incapable of providing anything positive during a real game.  Things looked dire after that first week and they should have immediately brought in a guy like Anderson as a steadying influence.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

We've all been influenced by the President. He's inspired us to tell it like it is. Meaning no facts, reason, civility or etiquette. 

Oh give it a rest. You lost an election! Big deal. If you’re on a Bills Message Board you should be used to losing by now. ?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Peterman's performance in preseason was just enough an excuse for McDermott to trade McCarron and start his boy.

59 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Peterman's performance in preseason was just enough an excuse for McDermott to trade McCarron and start his boy.

That may be true. Maybe he had honest foorball related reasons for dumping McCarron. Coaches make mistakes.

What isn't forgiveable is the fact that as of tonight.Peterman is still a Bill.

Anderson learning a playbook and still working on dumping his beer gut. Is proof this staff is clueless in assembling an offense.

why not just direct snap too shady, and Ivory. Might be more fun to watch, than dragging Anderson out there. 

Making a baseless accusation of descrimination as though it was a fact with zero proof,

There is never going to be any "proof", but that speculation is absolutely NOT baseless.

I think Peterman represents the type of player McDermott wants. 

He's not flashy, has no personality, studies hard, shows up to meetings on time, is an underdog story, wears his wedding ring when he plays, is a Christian. 

He's the Chris Kelsay of the Nix era. He gets opportunities because of the example he sets, not the results. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

They were both choirboys as teens for the same priest, who has now been transferred to a parish in rural Pennsyltuckey.

I'm going to report this post because there's not a second "e" in Pennsyltucky. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

Thats no religious freedom.  Making a baseless accusation of descrimination as though it was a fact with zero proof, is offensive, intolerant and just not cool. People don’t go to jail but websites, publications, and personalities do end up in court.  

Don't be such a boy scout.  You don't get to RFA status around here if you don't slander or defame ones character.  

2 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

It’s  great to see a moderator contribute to the trolling, rather than squashing it.  @SDS

I'm sorry for you that you think my teasing a fellow long-time poster about his spelling was trolling.

There are better ways to go through life than seeking victimhood status at every turn.

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm sorry for you that you think my teasing a fellow long-time poster about his spelling was trolling.

There are better ways to go through life than seeking victimhood status at every turn.

Nice to see that a moderator is more interested preventing duplicate threads than stopping intolerance.  I’m sure @SDS is thrilled with you

Edited by GreatComeback

3 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

Nice to see you a moderator that is more interested preventing duplicate threads than stopping intolerance.  I’m sure @SDS is thrilled with you

If you wish to address me any further on this subject, I'd suggest you use the PM feature to prevent further despoiling this intelligent and erudite thread which we are all fortunate to have.

My part in it is now at an end.

24 minutes ago, Simon said:

If you wish to address me any further on this subject, I'd suggest you use the PM feature to prevent further despoiling this intelligent and erudite thread which we are all fortunate to have.

There’s nothing to discuss with you.  You should have contacted me directly, as opposed to making jokes over subject matter that myself, and others in this thread found offensive.  You defended another posters offensive comment.   You also insulted me by unfairly calling me a “victim.”  

Most of the people in this thread backed off, but you decided to pile on.  This is not cool or appropriate and it’s not appreciated.

Edited by GreatComeback