Keeping this defense together through Free Agency

Rubes

5 hours ago, Rubes said:

Loving the way this defense is playing, but the question is how we can keep this defense together over time given all of the needs on the offensive side of the ball. Presumably we will get some FA's on offense, but there's still the issue of who we have coming up as FA's on defense at the end of the season:

Kyle Williams

Lorenzo Alexander

Jordan Phillips

Phillip Gaines

Eddie Yarbrough

...and Ramon Humber and a couple of other CBs.

Those are five pretty important players on this defense. Kyle is likely to retire, but he's still playing at a high level. Zo is also up there but playing well. And you have to like what Phillips and Yarbrough bring to the table. Gaines may not be back as CB unless he shows more this year, and if Humber sticks around it will be for backup money.

Do people expect that we'll be able to bring those four players back in FA and help maintain this level of defense for several more years? Or do the drastic needs on offense mean that one or more of them won't be back? I know we have a ton of cap space, but I don't have a sense of how much those players would take up. And if we lose Kyle and Zo, how much of an impact would that have?

The only one I could see missing is Kyle because of retirement would be my guess.  

With 90 mil they can work out deals to benefit the team.