Allen will never develop under Mcdermott

LFC24

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

It also could be possible that those defensive stats are inflated high because they played the Bills horrid offence in a short sample size of 6 games lol. 

But ya on a serious note, definitely has faced tough defences to start his career in less than an ideal situation of course.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They work in concert and I find it hard to absolve either one of blame for the state of the offense. 

I understand why you might feel this way,

Myself personally, I blame the Bills GM for not having a more experienced QB in Buffalo when the season started.

I also blame the Beane head for not addressing the Oline properly...

My opinion is Allen won't devolve under ANYONE. Allen would surely be a better QB if he was going to grow.  Truth is he hasn't grown as a player much at all.  Not in the NFL nor in college.

McDermott is proving to be a great coach.  Of corurse our O is gonna suck with those QBs.  If we drafted Rosen we are 4-2 or better and a serious SB contender next season or in 2020 with that cap room and a stud QB on his rookie deal.  Instead we will be middle of the road and looking for a new QB in 2020.  Hopefully with McD still as coach

2 hours ago, LFC24 said:

First of all, Brady is the best QB of all time, stop comparing every god damn situation to Brady and the patriots. 

Second of all, he had plenty of help. New England has had some top class OC's in his time there, so your point is literally wrong and irrelevant. 

I guess I shouldn't have gone over your head with sarcasm.  

I was basically saying your OP was garbage, and never meant for you to think that I was actually comparing any situation with Tom Brady's. 

Now I guess you understand. 

Just now, peterpan said:

My opinion is Allen won't devolve under ANYONE. Allen would surely be a better QB if he was going to grow.  Truth is he hasn't grown as a player much at all.  Not in the NFL nor in college.

McDermott is proving to be a great coach.  Of corurse our O is gonna suck with those QBs.  If we drafted Rosen we are 4-2 or better and a serious SB contender next season or in 2020 with that cap room and a stud QB on his rookie deal.  Instead we will be middle of the road and looking for a new QB in 2020.  Hopefully with McD still as coach

What is devolve? 

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

This, and the fact that he has the weakest offensive supporting cast of the 4 rookie QB's, is the critical piece of information in understanding why Allen is the least impressive of the  4 rookies.  To take it a step further in the two & half games Rosen has played in he has faced the #7, #12 & #17 defenses.  Darnold has had it even easier facing the #2, #18, #23, #25, #27 &  #28 ranked defenses!

Sure, playing Buffalo helped the defenses out but with 6 games in the bag the sample size is big enough to say with confidence that Allen has faced the toughest defensive competition of the little three rookies (we can all admit that Mayfield was a step above the other 3). 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Bill Cowher was a DC and seemed to do just fine with Big Ben.

There's no Ken Whisenhunt here.  I'm betting Cowher would have had a much tougher time bringing Ben along with our current roster on offense and Daboll as OC.  I'm not even sure Daboll would be that bad with an established roster but to create a that "franchise" QB everyone is looking for you need someone a level above anyone on our payroll now.

7 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

There's no Ken Whisenhunt here.  I'm betting Cowher would have had a much tougher time bringing Ben along with our current roster on offense and Daboll as OC.  I'm not even sure Daboll would be that bad with an established roster but to create a that "franchise" QB everyone is looking for you need someone a level above anyone on our payroll now.

The same Whisenhunt that got a HC career through Bill and feel off the face off the earth when he didn't have a HOF QB in Warner anymore? The ex DC Cowher would have been just fine. 

23 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

I have confidence in Daboll and like how he has tried to gradually put pressure on Allen in the passing game.

It bums me out J A and K B finally start to click and Allen screws up his elbow on a late hit.

The tide was turning before the injury IMO...

McD's experience watching the development of the power forward/QB in Cam Newton gives the Bills HC an upper hand IMO 

Edited by Figster