Tampa Bay fires DC Mike Smith

YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Serious question.  What OC with any talent at his job would take the Bills OC job right now?

Why not?

McBeane is gonna be here for at least 2 more seasons.  A brand new, shiny, 1st round QB would (a) be a fun challenge, (b) buy you some cover if it doesnt work in year 1, (c) Nobody will fire you in year 2, and (d) hey, if it works, you'll be the next up-and-coming coach.

Also, your current team doesnt have either a franchise guy, or a shiny toy in the pipeline.  Miami?  San Diego?  NYG?  Vikings?  Redskins?  Bengals?

Edited by maddenboy

3 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

Why not?

McBeane is gonna be here for at least 2 more seasons.  A brand new, shiny, 1st round QB would (a) be a fun challenge, (b) buy you some cover if it doesnt work in year 1, (c) Nobody will fire you in year 2, and (d) hey, if it works, you'll be the next up-and-coming coach.

I'm confused, people are calling for Daboll to be fired after 6 games.  How is someone guaranteed 2 years?

it would be 1.5 years.  The new guy would at least be given an entire off-season to install .   Also, the decision to draft Allen wouldnt be partly imputed to you, as it might be to Daboll.  You get more time to cook with someone else's groceries.

Edited by maddenboy

35 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Most likely they'd just promote Robiskie or Castillo to OC and we'd all call for their heads by this time next week.

They're not about to hire someone that's currently with another team/on the market in the middle of the year.

I didn't think he meant right now as in "today" but maybe he did.

I thought he meant in terms of the general state of team in the coming offseason.

Obviously they wouldn't poach a coach in the middle of the season and try to somehow change what we are doing on the fly.  It would be an off-season project but I thought that's what he meant.  

44 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Saw this as I was leaving work.  

Scapegoat central.   

First Fitz now the DC.  

Whos next?

Smith legitimately deserves it though. Fitz less so but he was never going to hold off Jameis.