NY Post - Eli Manning on the Block

Bill Murray

5 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

fair

i knew everyone would throw up on this...  but just to play devils advocate, he is completing almost 70% of his passes with an avg over 7yds and a 90 passer rating.  Eli isnt the reason they are losing

http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/profile

Have you watched a Giants game  He's checking it down constantly to Barkley almost immediately  The diff is the Giants are smart enough to have Barkley chip or just go into the flat on every snap.  Against the eagles most of his passing production was from a few simple checkdown that barkley broke out and made amazing plays from

6 minutes ago, JPP said:

you need to watch some of the giants games than...yes he is indeed a big part of the reason why they are losing.......i seen some....he is aweful.....there is talk of benching him.....

live in NY, watch the games.  Hes on pace to throw for 4500yds this season.  The Bills are on pace to throw for 900yds.  Im not saying he is the franchise savior, but look around the board, there are 47 threads on how our awesome D is going to waste and we need to fire everyone. He is a massive upgrade from where we are...like MASSIVE.  lol

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

Have you watched a Giants game  He's checking it down constantly to Barkley almost immediately  The diff is the Giants are smart enough to have Barkley chip or just go into the flat on every snap.  Against the eagles most of his passing production was from a few simple checkdown that barkley broke out and made amazing plays from

have watched the games.  yards per attempt 7.2. his career number (>50,000yds) is 7.0.  so, disagree w your assessment here.  

Edited by Bill Murray
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bill Murray said:

So suggesting Eli gets dealt to Jacksonville (edit:  citing Matt Hassleback suggesting he gets traded).  I know everyone is going to throw up on this, but should we consider him for a year?  Our defense is a contender, and he can at least keep opposing defenses off the line of scrimmage.  He could open up room for Shady & Ivory to run.  All we need is to score 14 to 17pts a game / week to win...why not go for it.  I suspect JA could learn a thing or two from him in the meantime.  

PLUS, he would get to play against Brady twice!  Could be interesting...

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/eli-manning-trade-could-save-him-and-the-giants-espn-qb/

Even if he could do this, which he isn't for the Giants, why would we try to make moves to be potentially competitive for only one year instead of focusing on the rebuild? Just drafted Allen and whether or not you like him, he needs the most attention for developing as the investment in our future. Does it suck to waste our Defensive talent this year? For sure, but we need a team for the future, not just this year. 

Edited by ctk232

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s done. Don’t matter where he went in this hypothetical scenario. He doesn’t have it anymore. I would expect this is his last year. 

He doesn’t even look like he cares at all either. Just there to collect his check 

To be fair, though I know he did, it looked like Eli never cared.

I always thought football meant the world to Peyton and Eli played it because his dad and brothers did.

2 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

So suggesting Eli gets dealt to Jacksonville (edit:  citing Matt Hassleback suggesting he gets traded).  I know everyone is going to throw up on this, but should we consider him for a year?  Our defense is a contender, and he can at least keep opposing defenses off the line of scrimmage.  He could open up room for Shady & Ivory to run.  All we need is to score 14 to 17pts a game / week to win...why not go for it.  I suspect JA could learn a thing or two from him in the meantime.  

https://nypost.com/2018/10/15/eli-manning-trade-could-save-him-and-the-giants-espn-qb/

One of the things Manning has shown himself to need throughout his career is a rock-solid high quality hog-molly OL in front of him.

We got that here?

You won't like him without it.

1 hour ago, Bill Murray said:

fair

i knew everyone would throw up on this...  but just to play devils advocate, he is completing almost 70% of his passes with an avg over 7yds and a 90 passer rating.  Eli isnt the reason they are losing

http://www.nfl.com/player/elimanning/2505996/profile

This is a case where stats lie. You watch their games and he is god awful! We are talking nauseatingly bad!  If he played semi good on Thursday they would have been in that game against the Eagles, especially with Barkley destroying them on the ground.

58 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

To be fair, though I know he did, it looked like Eli never cared.

I always thought football meant the world to Peyton and Eli played it because his dad and brothers did.

Yeah I would fully agree with that. 

3 hours ago, Bill Murray said:

Terrible.... Gettlemen should get fired for passing on drafting QB in favor of Eli, who he is now trying to trade

Edited by GreatComeback