Josh Allen likes to talk some smack on the field

YoloinOhio

Broadcast showed him jawing with one of the Texans LBs yesterday (think it was Mercilus or McKinney)... and I didn’t see it but there was a report he did the same in Green Bay. This surprised me since he’s so low key in front of the media. Kind of reminded me of Rivers. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/billswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/01/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-green-bay-packers-jaire-alexander/amp/

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Anderson's presence is going to help him "let it rip."  I don't think it's a coincidence that early in the 3rd quarter he made two of the best throws he's made all year -- only to get hurt.  I love his confidence and ability to shake plays off.  He will learn the position and become the gunslinger we're hoping for -- or he won't.  But I'm looking forward to watching it play out.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, eball said:

I think Anderson's presence is going to help him "let it rip."  I don't think it's a coincidence that early in the 3rd quarter he made two of the best throws he's made all year -- only to get hurt.  I love his confidence and ability to shake plays off.  He will learn the position and become the gunslinger we're hoping for -- or he won't.  But I'm looking forward to watching it play out.

Those were encouraging throws. That also should have been roughing the passer. Both defenders led with the helmet on the play Allen got hurt. The officiating was terrible yesterday. The NFL has to do a better job holding those guys accountable.

1 minute ago, billspro said:

Those were encouraging throws. That also should have been roughing the passer. Both defenders led with the helmet on the play Allen got hurt. The officiating was terrible yesterday. The NFL has to do a better job holding those guys accountable.

Yes it should have been... along with no flag on third down throw to Zay early in game but then Bills flagged for same thing later... refs were bad yesterday (around the league)

Edited by YoloinOhio

It was McKinney  and it in particular after took a brutal but fair hit from McKinney.  I thought Allen might get hurt but he popped up and gave McKinney some smack.  Allen is tough i grant you thought but it was for a very small gain and Allen took a vicious hit, he has to play smarter if he is gong to survive.

29 minutes ago, billspro said:

Beyond just that call as well - a couple defensive holdings were pretty suspect, but did feel a couple calls were either "make up" calls, or home team discounts. Not sure about the holding that brought the KB play back tbh, but either way it wasn't the reason we lost.

37 minutes ago, billspro said:

They're all about protecting certain quarterbacks. Allen, apparently, isn't one of them.

The NFL is getting as bad as the NHL used to be; having two sets of rule books.

1 minute ago, transient said:

Said it in the Tennessee game; look at how often defenders go after him on the boundaries and get flagged for late hits after he pops up smirking and jawing at them. Josh must be a bit of a talker on the field. 

Did he do this in college too? I didn’t watch Wyoming football 

44 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

My man needs to throw over 100 yards and then talk. 

If 400 yards passing is the new 300,   I'm not even sure what to make out of the fact we're rooting for our guy to reach 100 ?!?

But anyway, yeah you go Allen.  Keep talking smack to NFL defenders. I'm sure that won't get you killed.

45 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Broadcast showed him jawing with one of the Texans LBs yesterday (think it was Mercilus or McKinney)... and I didn’t see it but there was a report he did the same in Green Bay. This surprised me since he’s so low key in front of the media. Kind of reminded me of Rivers. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/billswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/01/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-green-bay-packers-jaire-alexander/amp/

Alexander sounded like an idiot in that article.