Peterman is here to stay!

jtothebrown

I disagree.  What Nate Peterman needs most is a one way ticket out of town.  One bad game can happen to anybody.  Even Kelly had them when he first came here.  I'm just tired of waiting for the lights to come on when Nate hasn't paid the electric bill since he got here.

Edited by haroldwaide

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm pretty sure the translation is he just needs one more shot.

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

TLDR;

Nasty Nate needs a new line of work.

7 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I sure didn't. I just glossed.... its pathetic and incredibly stupid..... especially after how the game ended yesterday.

Thanks everyone. I really didn't feel like going through that. Peterman needs to be putting his degree to use or bagging groceries at Publix. He has no business putting on pads, not even for field hockey. 

Edited by H2o

Peterman is gone... I think the chances of him taking another snap for the Bills ( if not in the  NFL) again are very small... Allen would have to be inactive next week and Anderson would have to get knocked out of the game for that to happen..

His confidence is gone by now... he needs to move onto another career..

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Peterman is gone... I think the chances of him taking another snap for the Bills ( if not in the  NFL) again are very small... Allen would have to be inactive next week and Anderson would have to get knocked out of the game for that to happen..

Have to agree with this the guy was talking about how he didn't define himself as an NFL QB after the game.

Maybe some rehab time in the CFL or the newest offseason league that's getting fired up somewhere--with the pressure off, I bet he starts rolling again like camp, and then some QB desperate NFL team will pick him up in a couple years after he has good tape to show off. Who knows, the next time very well may be the charm, just like his college time when he had to leave Tennessee on a rail and wound up beating Clemson while at Pitt? 

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He's gotta have a confidence problem at this point which along with other shortcomings (lack of experience and some lack of arm talent) makes him not at all ready to play.  When Allen and Anderson are healthy, Nate's gone or will be buried on the inactive list. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Excellent post. Could not agree more. Very refreshing to see a well-thought-out and articulated post rather than everybody sucks, and fire everybody blah blah blah. The peanut gallery will roast you good but I thank you for the Post.

Yours is prolly the best avatar ever. Congrats.

And in other news the weather is nice today in Italian Somaliland

31 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Sean McDermott pretty much betrayed 'The Process' preached all summer long amidst mounting criticism from both fans of the Bills and national media.

There's no way that Josh Allen starting by Week Two was part of the plan all along.

It's an unfortunate admission because Sean McDermott and Nathan Peterman were both guys I championed during the head coaching hiring process and NFL draft, respectively.

Nathan Peterman had the abysmal showing against the Los Angeles Chargers, as the whole world knows, and he's still desperate to shake that; he was afforded the opportunity to repair his image this off-season and did pretty much all he could, to put himself in position to do just that nearing the regular season: he outplayed his competition in important areas during both training camp and preseason, and earned the right to be named starter against the Baltimore Ravens.

Another rough outing vs. the Ravens for the second-year player: Peterman finished the game 5 of 18 for 27 yards, no TD's, 2 INTs, 0.0 QB rating; pulled from the game a little after the third quarter began.

Of course Bills' fans and media talking heads who opposed his being named starter in the first place, were eager to see him scratched as starter the following week against those same Chargers' who assisted in etching Peterman's sullied reputation in stone. 

Wishes granted, but was it premature?  

We  put together our prediction threads or at the very least circle games on the NFL schedule that we should win entering the new season, and those 'winnable' games are more likely than not based off the opposing team's end from the previous season.

What we knew about the Baltimore Ravens entering game one, was that they failed to make the playoffs, struggled behind a stagnant offense that found itself near bottom in offensive rankings, and customarily finished strong defensively. 

Many were quick to call for the reins to be handed over to Josh Allen after week one, but I bet almost nobody knew that we were playing against a Baltimore Ravens' defense, that would be holding the No.1 overall spot in defensive rankings five weeks later, or ranking ninth in total offense for that matter.

The offense has been handed over to Josh Allen; he's had his hope-inspiring moments, still, even those who supported the switch to Allen, have suggested that he isn't ready to start, is leaving plays out on the field in both wins and losses, and isn't showing the progression from one week to the next, that they hoped for. 

Josh Allen vs. the No. 4 ranked Green Bay Packers defense: 16 of 33; 151 yards; 0 TD's; 2 INTs; sacked 7 times; passer rating of 36.3.

The creative mind in offensive coordinator Brian Daboll, got the stronger-armed QB who he was enamored with all throughout training camp calling the shots in time for that Week 4 matchup....same results essentially versus a top-5 rated defense.

To answer my own question: Yes, the switch from Peterman was premature.  

As we've seen from season opener, with time, things can progress for the better: the Bills' defense now hold the distinction of ranking third in total defense, despite its disastrous first outing.

So could have been the case with Nathan Peterman...we'll never know. 

McDermott should have stayed the course and stuck to his guns the way he and Daboll did all through training camp, amidst the cries from Allen's biggest supporters, to have his reps increased with the 1st team offense; instead, he was likely moved by outside voices and perhaps some inside voices, but mostly outside ones; how else could one explain the Bills' organization retaining a young QB deemed so bad and incorrigible?

I believe McDermott likely sees the potential for the lights to finally come on in Peterman and finally show the potential that caused him to take interest in him; and this why he continues to confidently insert him into ballgames at the dismay of many. 

Peterman must be allowed  to start consecutive games if he's to ever develop and learn from his errors.

6 games played in, three started in, only one of which was a home game...Los Angeles at Buffalo would've been the perfect follow-up game to attempt to get his confidence back on track.

If McDermott's going to continue to display this level of faith in Peterman, then he needs to be all in, and stick by him regardless of who on the outside might question it. Only then will he, Peterman, and those such as myself, who root for Peterman, truly know if he really belongs in the league or not. 

Way to plant a bullseye on your forehead.

"What Nathan Peterman Needs Most: Steadfastness from Sean McDermott"

Image result for hurl gif

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

He'll be playing in Vince McMahon's scrub league when it starts. 

Edited by I am the egg man

16 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

This is extremely silly. A larger sample size on Peterman will make no difference.  He absolutely is incapable of throwing the most basic route in the NFL (the 12 yard out). As so many have already stated the obvious his confidence is  shattered and unrepairable. If your goal is to go 2-14 and get the #1 pick than by all means let Nate play and let Josh sit and study besides Derek. 

Just now, In Nate We Trust said:

He will be the backup Saturday. No way the Bills play their franchise QB off an injury. He gets hurt and the Bills coach is a goner. Don't be surprised if Allen is out until the bye.

NP will be backing up if Allen can’t go. If Allen can go, Nate is heading to the street. 

I had to do a double-take to confirm that this was actually posted today...

WTF??

The Lord works in mysterious ways...

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I respect Burple’s loyalty to Nate but the guy can’t play in this league. It isn’t complicated. Guys like him come and go all of the time. He just doesn’t have the tools to play QB in the NFL. It is possible IMO, that he never dresses for another NFL game again. 

I never thought a QB would make me reminisce about the Jeff Tuel days...

Those were good times.

Since most would agree that this offense has been inept with or without Peterman, the likelihood of turning this season around now is highly unlikely. Let Peterman play until Allen is 100%. There is no sense in killing the "future".