I sincerely don't get all of the negativity.....

warrior9

7 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Watch the Patriots and Chiefs and come back to this board and say this honestly.

The Bills are not even in the league right now. 

They are nowhere when it comes to real winning.

And you're okay with it because we have a few defensive pieces in an era where defense doesn't win and because the Coach/GM/Quarterback are new so you can hide behind the "it's early" card. 

Honestly the thought process this Coach and GM have towards team building is rightfully being put under the microscope.  

I watched the game yesterday....

The Broncos and Seahawks have both won SB's (im not saying we're them) in the last 5 years with defense.. so yes, defense does matter.... 

go show me more 43-40 games and come back to this board.... that wasn't football... that was a 4th quarter track meet.

Edited by warrior9
  • Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I can't say this enough.   People who follow this team are sick of the losing.

People around here are sick of the losing.

Let me guess......you’re feeling kind of blue? 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, 87168 said:

useless talent? Woods, Brown, Watkins (yes him too), Hogan, Darby, Gilmore...you can argue "scheme", but I don't buy it.

I would take any of the aforementioned WRs over what the Bills currently have. 

The highlight of this regime's impact is defense, but as we all saw last night, offense wins games and the Bills have the weakest in the league.

Let's take these players one at a time.

Woods. I loved the guy. Was thrilled we drafted him. Wish he was still here. Although a lot of people on this board said he wasn't worth the money he was getting from the Rams. Would you have kept him with that contract he was getting?

Brown had his moments but he also tended to disappear, that Steelers game still gives me nightmares. I don't miss him that much.

Watkins. I was a big fan of this guy. I didn't care what we gave up when we drafted him. He just did not live up to his potential. I wish we could have kept him, but the money was not going to be justified.

Hogan. I do not understand the love that Bills fans have for this guy. Especially when a lot of people on this board were saying how terrible he was. I don't miss him at all.

Darby. Tough to say on this guy, because he was here for a short time. Apparently he did not fit the scheme. Would have been nice to keep him, but it just did not work out.

Gilmore. Liked when we drafted him, but his attitude and his play during his final year really did it for me. He did not want to be here, and his "effort" showed it. Good riddance.

I agree with you in that I would like to have some of these WR's right now, instead of who he have currently, but that's the bad breaks we got. It sucks!

• Like (+1) 2

On a side note, on that running play where Ivory was poised to break out for a big gain but got tackled because of his long dreads hanging out. As a coach i'd think i'd have to talk to Ivory about tucking those dreads inside his helmet or removing them all together, am i right? I know it was a freak play, but the only reason Ivory has those dreads is bcuz he likes the way they look, aka vanity. So dudes hair style hurt this team on that play. As a coach i'd think u'd have to address it somehow right?

1 minute ago, brianthomas said:

On a side note, on that running play where Ivory was poised to break out for a big gain but got tackled because of his long dreads hanging out. As a coach i'd think i'd have to talk to Ivory about tucking those dreads inside his helmet or removing them all together, am i right? I know it was a freak play, but the only reason Ivory has those dreads is bcuz he likes the way they look, aka vanity. So dudes hair style hurt this team on that play. As a coach i'd think u'd have to address it somehow right?

It’s obvious intelligence isn’t a requirement to be a “process” guy.  

58 minutes ago, Success said:

I think some get it, and see it.

Basically, most of their moves were geared toward this offseason.  The Bills are set up better than anyone to improve their team with the freed up cap space and picks.

Who are you spending this cap space on. Cant just be G, WR. Give me some damn names. I keep hearing oh the Bills have all the cap space. So do teh Colts, Jets, Chiefs, Cowboys, Texans.

Overpaying UFA's puts you in cap hell. Which everyone complained about the last regime doing. Blind faith i guess.

What is your draft success rate?. One of those will be on the D-line when Buffalo picks at the top of the draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Who are you spending this cap space on. Cant just be G, WR. Give me some damn names. I keep hearing oh the Bills have all the cap space. So do teh Colts, Jets, Chiefs, Cowboys, Texans.

Overpaying UFA's puts you in cap hell. Which everyone complained about the last regime doing. Blind faith i guess.

What is your draft success rate?. One of those will be on the D-line when Buffalo picks at the top of the draft. 

No, the idea is that you draft well.. Find a few good players with good contracts in free agency that can contribute (Poyer, Hyde, etc) and spend the money to keep your own talent. (Allen, Milano, Tre, Dawkins, Edmunds, etc) 

I have said on here a few times people were looking at this season all wrong. 

These guys knew the team had major holes, but they ignored it on purpose. 

Because this is a development season plain and simple. They built their defensive side of the ball, it is looking to be an elite unit. 

They ignored the offense purposely to give the young inexperienced guys a shot to develop. By the end of the season some of these kids will step up or step out. 

Holes we see now may not be holes next year if some of these guys catch on. 

They look to have missed on some of the young guys like ray ray  and peterman but still, the plan was to try and develop these guys this year, next year you walk into a mountain of salary cap space and lots of draft picks to build an offense with. 

Carolina was built similar to this, amazing defense and a low talent offensive line and receiving group. 

My nephew is a huge panther fan so I’ve followed them closely for years, they always had an aging secondary of washed up guys, terrible receivers and no name offensive lineman. They are very good at drafting and developing lineman but they have been pretty bad developing and drafting receivers. 

This team is built very similar minus Beane walked into a decently built secondary already. 

We can all complain about the former bills talent playing all over the nfl we see them making plays all over. I miss some of those guys personally. Specifically Robert Woods, Nigel Bradham and Zac Brown. But it is what it is. 

We can all gush and cry over Mahomes and Watson on their good weeks and how we could of had them, whine over Smith-Schuster etc etc but those guys would probably not be having any of that success here given our situation the last few years. 

I say all the time you never know Zay could be lights out in Pittsburgh or the Rams given their high octane offenses and ridiculous amounts of weapons those teams have. 

I’m sure Zay could be making big plays if he had the coaching LA has, along with Cooks, Woods, and Gurley being the focal points of the offense. Coordinators are not thinking damn we better gameplan bigtime for Kupp this week. They are focused on stopping Gurley and the run game, and how the heck do you cover Cooks and Woods. 

These other players so many on this board want to fire people for not drafting and flipping out how good they look forget these are offensive juggernauts with a crazy amount of weapons and very intelligent offensive coaches. Tomlin isn’t an offensive guy but Pittsburgh always has good coordinators coaching these guys up, and they seem to ALWAYS hit on mid round receiver draft picks. 

Long story short this team is being built in the vision these guys have. Not the fans. 

Take a step back, try to look long term not game to game. What they have shown us with mid to low level talent should be enough to show you they can win long term with high level and elite talent. The trick is if they are building a “dynasty” kinda team Allen better be the guy and not get completely shell shocked this year. 

They basically have the players they want now, just need to keep adding higher level talent to it

• Like (+1) 4

I think it stems from frustration - three of four losses were winnable games against "ok" teams.  In two of the loses, parts of the team didn't show up at all. 

The Chargers are the only team so far that I don't think the Bills would beat even half the time in 10 chances.  They look put together.  

There's a very fine line between negativity and realism. Yesterday I saw our defense bust their butts and basically shut out Houston. We all realize we weren't going to the playoffs this year, maybe not even winning 7-8 games. There were borderline moronic moves done or not done last spring.  Players unexpectedly left. We may have chosen the wrong qb? Probably too early to tell. But keeping Peterman on this roster over signing a more capable veteran like Bridgewater, Fitz or McCown was pure stupidity. Anderson is too little,  too late. And OP please stop with the "patience". I've been patient for 50 years.

11 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I have said on here a few times people were looking at this season all wrong. 

These guys knew the team had major holes, but they ignored it on purpose. 

Because this is a development season plain and simple. They built their defensive side of the ball, it is looking to be an elite unit. 

They ignored the offense purposely to give the young inexperienced guys a shot to develop. By the end of the season some of these kids will step up or step out. 

Holes we see now may not be holes next year if some of these guys catch on. 

They look to have missed on some of the young guys like ray ray  and peterman but still, the plan was to try and develop these guys this year, next year you walk into a mountain of salary cap space and lots of draft picks to build an offense with. 

Carolina was built similar to this, amazing defense and a low talent offensive line and receiving group. 

My nephew is a huge panther fan so I’ve followed them closely for years, they always had an aging secondary of washed up guys, terrible receivers and no name offensive lineman. They are very good at drafting and developing lineman but they have been pretty bad developing and drafting receivers. 

This team is built very similar minus Beane walked into a decently built secondary already. 

We can all complain about the former bills talent playing all over the nfl we see them making plays all over. I miss some of those guys personally. Specifically Robert Woods, Nigel Bradham and Zac Brown. But it is what it is. 

We can all gush and cry over Mahomes and Watson on their good weeks and how we could of had them, whine over Smith-Schuster etc etc but those guys would probably not be having any of that success here given our situation the last few years. 

I say all the time you never know Zay could be lights out in Pittsburgh or the Rams given their high octane offenses and ridiculous amounts of weapons those teams have. 

I’m sure Zay could be making big plays if he had the coaching LA has, along with Cooks, Woods, and Gurley being the focal points of the offense. Coordinators are not thinking damn we better gameplan bigtime for Kupp this week. They are focused on stopping Gurley and the run game, and how the heck do you cover Cooks and Woods. 

These other players so many on this board want to fire people for not drafting and flipping out how good they look forget these are offensive juggernauts with a crazy amount of weapons and very intelligent offensive coaches. Tomlin isn’t an offensive guy but Pittsburgh always has good coordinators coaching these guys up, and they seem to ALWAYS hit on mid round receiver draft picks. 

Long story short this team is being built in the vision these guys have. Not the fans. 

Take a step back, try to look long term not game to game. What they have shown us with mid to low level talent should be enough to show you they can win long term with high level and elite talent. The trick is if they are building a “dynasty” kinda team Allen better be the guy and not get completely shell shocked this year. 

They basically have the players they want now, just need to keep adding higher level talent to it

Great post but your not bitter, angry, emotional, cussing, screaming to fire everybody from the Pegula's to the city of Buffalo, or calling for the public hanging of Nate Peterman; not sure it will get taken seriously!

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

There's a very fine line between negativity and realism. Yesterday I saw our defense bust their butts and basically shut out Houston. We all realize we weren't going to the playoffs this year, maybe not even winning 7-8 games. There were borderline moronic moves done or not done last spring.  Players unexpectedly left. We may have chosen the wrong qb? Probably too early to tell. But keeping Peterman on this roster over signing a more capable veteran like Bridgewater, Fitz or McCown was pure stupidity. Anderson is too little,  too late. And OP please stop with the "patience". I've been patient for 50 years.

Then take up soccer!