I sincerely don't get all of the negativity.....

warrior9

The negativity comes from the fact that we're "Trusting the Process" that they will suddenly become good and pro-personnel scouting when we have the money to go out and spend... so far that hasn't been the case.  HOPEFULLY we have the nucleus to build around, but there are other teams  including the Jets in our own division that will have  a lot of money to spend this year too, so we will still have to persuade or overspend to get FAs in the door.  If Allen can show something more than 100 yards per week down the stretch, maybe the persuasion would be a little more likely.

Edited by DasNootz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Rex/Whaley regime was a better put together team with more talent. It’s a coin flip weather Rex was a better coach than McD. 

I think they let Rex and Whales go too early. 

Hopefully they make the same mistake with this inept front office. 

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...strange that those predictors and prognosticators are probably the SAME ONES who show up on a Sunday with "Buffalo sucks..." OR "fire__________immediately"......threads....go figure..........

You may be on to something lol... I think we can all agree Peterman sucks thou! 

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

You named 6 players.. We couldn't afford 3 ... one is OK...?

Did you expect us to be good this year?

I expect us to bebetter on O than the crap fest we are swallowing.

Defense is playing awesome and at a playoff level. All our O has to do is produce moderately and this is a playoff team. In fact 3 games Allen has passed for less than 100 yds in a game... I don't care if you are a rookie that is unacceptable at any level.. Even a piss poor rookie should be able to put up 150 yds average minimum IMO. Instead we have 2 TDs 5 INT's and 21 sacks. He has to improve quickly because if the O stays flat negativity will rise

Just now, warrior9 said:

I think it's okay to question particular moves of this regime. It won't help having all that cap space for free agents and draft picks if they don't use them well. Some posters suggest there isn't likely to be a lot of quality free agents in our positions of need. Idk, but so far I don't see much reason to think McD and Beane can evaluate the offensive side of the ball properly. I'm not sold on any of the offensive coaches, though they may turn out well. I liked Josh Allen before the draft and I still think he can be good but besides reps he also needs good coaches and players around him. Patience is going to be hard to come by when they are this level of awful on offense. 

6 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

So Josh Allen 5 games in... 2-2 as a starter.. and he's got you worried? 

Yeah, Peterman is bad. That's established... We signed Derek Anderson so Peterman will probably never see the field again.

Absolutely worried. Allen has looked like a competent QB in exactly one game. The defense won the Titans game ( almost did the same yesterday) and Allen’s best plays in both games were as a runner .Peterman shouldn’t have seen the field again after the opener. Not having a viable backup in place 5 weeks later was inexcusable and simply a matter of not wanting egg on their faces making a change immediately after week 1.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, row_33 said:

Wow, people have differing opinions on a football board

and some are too positive and some too negative

imagine....

I'm very indifferent man. There's things I like.. things i dislike about this team... I'm just not overreacting and I'm giving this regime an off-season with cap to get THEIR guys.... then i'll judge.

I'm honestly worried about McDermotts ability to select an OC more so than I am build a team.

4 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

how does anyone not get the negativity. Once again we have an completely inept offense, and little to show at QB.

How does one not be negative, and unfortunately I don't see it getting much better this year and to be honest not sure it would get better next year no matter what we do because we could very well be still looking for a QB. All the help in the world isn't going to make up for what we are seeing from the QB position. Maybe much more patience and hope to god the light bulb comes on for Allen.... As of today the light bulb is barely lit in regards to  reads and decision making

I'm not blaming Allen for it all but he has also done so little to bolster the belief he can be a franchise QB in  the NFL.

oh well keep suffering through more seasons and one of these decades we will be good again.... 

What kind of offense did you think the Bills were going to have? They only got less talented since last year and last year the offense was awful. Nobody can say what kind of QB Allen is going to be after a handfull of starts. The Bills made a big mistake in keeping Peterman but most people on here thought he should start after seeing him in training camp and preseason. Would McCarren be any different? Who knows but it is easier to sit here and make guesses that he would be. 

How can you say that getting Allen more talent on offense isnt going to help? Aside from Shady, the Bills offense has no players that defenses respect. Watching the KC game last night, their TE's and WR's command a huge amount of respect and spread things out which helps Mahommes. Not to mention the amount of separation they can get. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Homey D. Clown said:

I can't say this enough.   People who follow this team are sick of the losing.

People around here are sick of the losing.

Try decaf and maybe some paxil.  Putting 20 years of your mental health and frustrations on this kid's shoulders is jerky.  He doesn't deserve it - give him time (and maybe some WRs).  Cripes.  Get a grip, man.  Damned clown.  ?

Edited by sleeby

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think it's okay to question particular moves of this regime. It won't help having all that cap space for free agents and draft picks if they don't use them well. Some posters suggest there isn't likely to be a lot of quality free agents in our positions of need. Idk, but so far I don't see much reason to think McD and Beane can evaluate the offensive side of the ball properly. I'm not sold on any of the offensive coaches, though they may turn out well. I liked Josh Allen before the draft and I still think he can be good but besides reps he also needs good coaches and players around him. Patience is going to be hard to come by when they are this level of awful on offense. 

Coaching is what has me worried from an OC/ offensive coaching standpoint (similar to your thoughts) ... i think talent wise, this offseason will tell a lot about their ability to evaluate offensive talent.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Yeah, Peterman is bad. That's established... We signed Derek Anderson so Peterman will probably never see the field again.

That's not what I said...I'm pissed off at losing the game

30 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Exactly.... 

here's my thought... If you explain this to a person WITHOUT using a team name.. People would love to be in this situation.

Seemingly top 3 secondary (with a second year CB that is most likely a future All-Pro)

A 20 year old stud at MLB (and Milano growing into a nice player)

A young DT that has played well above where he was drafted and has been very impressive

A left tackle that is young and improving with every game

A young first round QB (and this regime believes it's their guy)

80+ Million in cap space next year

10(i believe) draft picks

Best post ever!

8 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Did you expect us to be good this year?

No, I did not expect us to be good this year. I expected them to suck after watching the roster moves this offseason which is why I and many others are frustrated.   Nothing was done to upgrade OL positions and little was done to replace Cog and Wood.  Nothing was done to improve our skill positions and we started the season with Nathan f@#$ing Peterman as our starting QB. 

OP - I think it's ego and testosterone based mainly.  The odds that any given rookie QB will become a major franchise QB and see SBs is well under 50% - obviously.  So, going in early and trashing him is the safe bet for future 'told ya so" and generally I'm more NFL knowledged than you.

No one can predict anything after 5 games with this offense.  Just a bunch of boys who like pissing matches is all.  Very annoying though.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

When you look at our team/FO/ etc, etc... They came in with a pile of you know what as a team. They came off of  Rex/ Whaley regime that strapped this team against the cap and left it talentless. They took that team to the play-offs with none of us expecting it (while completely gutting it in 1 year).... while trying to fix the cap issues. 

Say what you want about Beane and McDermott but those that refuse to see the cap as an issue of talent acquisition are simply not seeing the big picture..... money = ability to acquire high end talent and/ or system role players. Where did they spend the available money? Defense... and that defense (which is essentially all Beane and McDermott acquired players) is absolutely balling out. 

I think this coming off-season and draft are going to define this regime. They absolutely have to address the offense in every aspect. I do believe Daboll has called some absolutely atrocious games this year, yet we are still competing. I sincerely hope that his inability to call an effective NFL game does not hinder the growth of Josh Allen.

Think about where we are as a team and the cornerstones we have....

Seemingly top 3 secondary (with a second year CB that is most likely a future All-Pro)

A 20 year old stud at MLB (and Milano growing into a nice player)

A young DT that has played well above where he was drafted and has been very impressive

A left tackle that is young and improving with every game

A young first round QB (and this regime believes it's their guy)

80+ Million in cap space next year

10(i believe) draft picks

We have many many important pieces in place for a promising future..... I think we need to be patient and look for the growth of this team and players throughout the rest of this year. 

Just my .02....

Watch the Patriots and Chiefs and come back to this board and say this honestly.

The Bills are not even in the league right now. 

They are nowhere when it comes to real winning.

And you're okay with it because we have a few defensive pieces in an era where defense doesn't win and because the Coach/GM/Quarterback are new so you can hide behind the "it's early" card. 

Honestly the thought process this Coach and GM have towards team building is rightfully being put under the microscope.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

What kind of offense did you think the Bills were going to have? They only got less talented since last year and last year the offense was awful. Nobody can say what kind of QB Allen is going to be after a handfull of starts. The Bills made a big mistake in keeping Peterman but most people on here thought he should start after seeing him in training camp and preseason. Would McCarren be any different? Who knows but it is easier to sit here and make guesses that he would be. 

How can you say that getting Allen more talent on offense isnt going to help? Aside from Shady, the Bills offense has no players that defenses respect. Watching the KC game last night, their TE's and WR's command a huge amount of respect and spread things out which helps Mahommes. Not to mention the amount of separation they can get. 

This is sad. We just drafted a QB and we moved up to get him.. I expect that QB to be capable of putting up 150 yards per game on a bad day.

Allen's struggles are his own.  There is still a chance he gets it, but my feeling as of now is he doesn't have what it takes to be a franchise QB. I've seen this all before..

You dissect all the throws and all the times Allen is scrambling around. Most of the blame belongs to Allen's decision making and ability to make quicker decisions. yes our O is not very talented but with a better QB play we would of won the houston game.

22 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

lol QB records. Tebow has a winning record as a starter. What does that tell us?