I sincerely don't get all of the negativity.....

warrior9

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I totally get it..... but some moves should be weighted more than others. their decisions for the qb spots since training camp have been atrocious. Peterman taking anymore snaps is in excusable. 

I like most of whats been done. I absolutely hate how they've handled the qb's.

I do agree with that.  They put too much stock in Peterman’s preaseason.  And it was bad to go with so much inexperience regardless.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, warrior9 said:

What makes you NOT trust this staff........? 

- It look like they may go 0-2 on OC’s.

- They definitely screwed up the QB position

- Special teams is a mess

- The jury is still out on Allen- hard to judge him

- Zay Jones hasnt lived up to us moving up in the second- juju-schuster was there

The list is long, just a few off the top of my head

• Like (+1) 1

If we lost yesterday, but the game played out in any way other than Peterman coming in and doing what he does, most people would probably just chalk it up to us not being good enough to overcome mistakes. 

We overcame them.  Had a chance to dagger them, but ran Ivory in a predictable move.  Then the defense forced a fumble but couldn't recover and came a split second away from a sack, that instead turned into a Hail Mary PI.  Then Peterman throws a Pick 6 in a tie game.  Then ends it on a pick. 

When every single fan has been calling for Peterman to be replaced as QB2, and we lose because of QB2 doing the same exact things we all wanted him cut for.....it makes the loss, and difference between being 3-3 and 2-4, much....much more difficult.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 87168 said:

useless talent? Woods, Brown, Watkins (yes him too), Hogan, Darby, Gilmore...you can argue "scheme", but I don't buy it.

I would take any of the aforementioned WRs over what the Bills currently have. 

The highlight of this regime's impact is defense, but as we all saw last night, offense wins games and the Bills have the weakest in the league.

Watkins has been non-existent this year an was DECENT last year.... We could not afford Preston Brown or Gilmore..... Darby is OK. He would not translate to wins... our DB's are not the issue.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

What makes you NOT trust this staff........? 

the a fact that they don't "trust" themselves.

NP was named starter and they yanked him after the first half of game 1. they repeatedly stated he earned the job, but somehow lost it in 30 minutes of play? 

JA...who knows. He clearly isn't ready, but they trot him out there because they have no choice. they seem to contradict even themselves in where they place the faith at QB.

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Completely wrong, as has been discussed multiple times here.

1. The Rex/Whaley roster got this team to the post season last year.

2. Cap problems were created by Beane.  He chose a mountain of dead cap space in 2018.  It was not forced on him.

3. Hyde, Poyer, Hughes, KW are absolutely NOT players selected by Beane or McDermott.

4. Team is less talented this year than they were last year.

5. Building a team in free agency hardly sounds like "doing it the right way for the future" but the Process works in mysterious ways.

It all hinges on Allen.  If he pans out then its all good.  If not, total failure.  As it stands, the league's 31st worst passing offense has taken a step back in 2018. 

1) We had a 60% roster turn over... No.

2.) He was getting rid of those that werent helping us win and had bad contracts

3) Hyde and Poyer were definitely signed by Beane LOL WHAT?

4.) Obiously theyre creating cap space

5.) You need cap space to sign your draft picks.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

- People knew from the beginning this team was a 5 win team at best

- When there is a game out there that is winnable and the Bills just gift wrap it, well it tends to sting

- The reality is, us fans are sick of the ineptitude year in and year out.

People will remain disgruntled until we start playing good football in all 3 phases, not just defense.

...strange that those predictors and prognosticators are probably the SAME ONES who show up on a Sunday with "Buffalo sucks..." OR "fire__________immediately"......threads....go figure..........

4 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

- It look like they may go 0-2 on OC’s.

- They definitely screwed up the QB position

- Special teams is a mess

- The jury is still out on Allen- hard to judge him

- Zay Jones hasnt lived up to us moving up in the second- juju-schuster was there

The list is long, just a few off the top of my head

Zay Jones has been quietly prettyyyyyy good this year.... I think hes #2 or 3 in the NFL in yardage separated from defenders per route.

This team was not talentless when the McDermott/ Beane administration took over. Their player moves made it so. While the QB may be “ their guy”, he doesn’t look very good thus far. It’s less than encouraging that they also thought Nathan Peterman was a viable QB prospect. It cannot be overstated that the offense taking the field is on an historically bad pace. Whether rebuilding or not, historically bad can never be an acceptable result. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm negative because we had a good chance to win and our QB threw a pick 6 to lose the game......I guess I don't enjoy losses like some of you here

its unforgivable that they even had themselves in position for him to ever even see the field again. 

I've been all in on McDermott and backed him this whole time. But the loyalty shown to Peterman this year is hard to gloss over. its just inexcusable. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

This team was not talentless when the McDermott/ Beane administration took over. Their player moves made it so. While the QB may be “ their guy”, he doesn’t look very good thus far. It’s less than encouraging that they also thought Nathan Peterman was a viable QB prospect. It cannot be overstated that the offense taking the field is on an historically bad pace. Whether rebuilding or not, historically bad can never be an acceptable result. 

1 minute ago, nucci said:

I'm negative because we had a good chance to win and our QB threw a pick 6 to lose the game......I guess I don't enjoy losses like some of you here

So Josh Allen 5 games in... 2-2 as a starter.. and he's got you worried? 

Yeah, Peterman is bad. That's established... We signed Derek Anderson so Peterman will probably never see the field again.

4 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Watkins has been non-existent this year an was DECENT last year.... We could not afford Preston Brown or Gilmore..... Darby is OK. He would not translate to wins... our DB's are not the issue.

I never said they were, but you claimed that this regime got rid of "useless" talent, which is simply no true. 

how does anyone not get the negativity. Once again we have an completely inept offense, and little to show at QB.

How does one not be negative, and unfortunately I don't see it getting much better this year and to be honest not sure it would get better next year no matter what we do because we could very well be still looking for a QB. All the help in the world isn't going to make up for what we are seeing from the QB position. Maybe much more patience and hope to god the light bulb comes on for Allen.... As of today the light bulb is barely lit in regards to  reads and decision making

I'm not blaming Allen for it all but he has also done so little to bolster the belief he can be a franchise QB in  the NFL.

oh well keep suffering through more seasons and one of these decades we will be good again.... 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 87168 said:

I never said they were, but you claimed that this regime got rid of "useless" talent, which is simply no true. 

You named 6 players.. We couldn't afford 3 ... one is OK...?

Just now, ddaryl said:

how does anyone not get the negativity. Once again we have an completely inept offense, and little to show at QB.

How does one not be negative, and unfortunately I don't see it getting much better this year and to be honest not sure it would get better next year no matter what we do because we could very well be still looking for a QB. All the help in the world isn't going to make up for what we are seeing from the QB position. Maybe much more patience and hope to god the light bulb comes on for Allen.... As of today the light bulb is barely lit in regards to  reads and decision making

I'm not blaming Allen for it all but he has also done so little to bolster the belief he can be a franchise QB in  the NFL.

oh well keep suffering through more seasons and one of these decades we will be good again.... 

Did you expect us to be good this year?

2 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

1) We had a 60% roster turn over... No.

2.) He was getting rid of those that werent helping us win and had bad contracts

3) Hyde and Poyer were definitely signed by Beane LOL WHAT?

4.) Obiously theyre creating cap space

5.) You need cap space to sign your draft picks.

1. The core of the roster was Whaley's guys.  Starting QB, RB, TE, Dline.  Those guys got this team to the playoffs.

2. Yes, like I said, Beane CHOSE to "shed" contracts all at once and created salary cap hell.  The cap situation he inherited was fine. Dareus' was the only "bad" contract.  Good thing we are paying 2 DTs this year to get gashed up the middle.

3. Beane signed two safeties 2 months before he was hired?  That's a feat.  Check your timeline.

4. See #2. Choice..

5. We had plenty of cap space before it was sacrificed for dead cap in the name of the Process.  I do not see your point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think that people watch the games, get emotionally involved and then react out of those emotions. And every team's fans do the same. People seem to think that Buffalo fans are somehow unique in their negativity and emotional swings. I'm a fan of non-Buffalo teams and their message boards are just like this one. The coach needs to be fired after every loss, no one is worth their contract and the GM doesn't know what he's doing because he doesn't make the moves that fans would. Bengals fans want everyone fired after one loss to Pittsburgh today and Pacers fans wanted everyone fired after the Paul George trade. 

2 minutes ago, 87168 said:

I named six very talented players. this isn't a numbers game. 

Ok...... We couldn't sign 3 of the 6.......  Watkins is "very talented" but doesn't produce. Darby............

Woods in hindsight..... we should have kept.. I'll agree with that one.