I sincerely don't get all of the negativity.....

warrior9

When you look at our team/FO/ etc, etc... They came in with a pile of you know what as a team. They came off of  Rex/ Whaley regime that strapped this team against the cap and left it talentless. They took that team to the play-offs with none of us expecting it (while completely gutting it in 1 year).... while trying to fix the cap issues. 

Say what you want about Beane and McDermott but those that refuse to see the cap as an issue of talent acquisition are simply not seeing the big picture..... money = ability to acquire high end talent and/ or system role players. Where did they spend the available money? Defense... and that defense (which is essentially all Beane and McDermott acquired players) is absolutely balling out. 

I think this coming off-season and draft are going to define this regime. They absolutely have to address the offense in every aspect. I do believe Daboll has called some absolutely atrocious games this year, yet we are still competing. I sincerely hope that his inability to call an effective NFL game does not hinder the growth of Josh Allen.

Think about where we are as a team and the cornerstones we have....

Seemingly top 3 secondary (with a second year CB that is most likely a future All-Pro)

A 20 year old stud at MLB (and Milano growing into a nice player)

A young DT that has played well above where he was drafted and has been very impressive

A left tackle that is young and improving with every game

A young first round QB (and this regime believes it's their guy)

80+ Million in cap space next year

10(i believe) draft picks

We have many many important pieces in place for a promising future..... I think we need to be patient and look for the growth of this team and players throughout the rest of this year. 

Just my .02....

• Like (+1) 26
  • Thank you (+1) 7

- People knew from the beginning this team was a 5 win team at best

- When there is a game out there that is winnable and the Bills just gift wrap it, well it tends to sting

- The reality is, us fans are sick of the ineptitude year in and year out.

People will remain disgruntled until we start playing good football in all 3 phases, not just defense.

• Like (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2

developing qb's is a tricky thing I think. they've absolutely screwed the pooch when it comes to the situation in the qb room.

I think there's a lot of good that's been done. but they monumentally screwed up their qb situation. their loyalty to #2 is freaking mind blowing.

• Like (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

When you look at our team/FO/ etc, etc... They came in with a pile of you know what as a team. They came off of  Rex/ Whaley regime that strapped this team against the cap and left it talentless.

those 3 words are often used by the apologists. 

I personally wouldn't call it negativity, but I can only speak for myself. it's more frustration than anything else. the FO dug themselves into a hole with their off season decision. many of these  holes were created by this regime, not handed down. the biggest annoyance for me is their handling of JA and the QB position in general. 

Edited by 87168
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

- People knew from the beginning this team was a 5 win team at best

- When there is a game out there that is winnable and the Bills just gift wrap it, well it tends to sting

- The reality is, us fans are sick of the ineptitude year in and year out.

People will remain disgruntled until we start playing good football in all 3 phases, not just defense.

The Bills were not ienpt last year.

Again, they had a lot of issues with the cap and there is only so much they can do man.

• Like (+1) 1

When you look at our team/FO/ etc, etc... They came in with a pile of you know what as a team. They came off of  Rex/ Whaley regime that strapped this team against the cap and left it talentless. They took that team to the play-offs with none of us expecting it (while completely gutting it in 1 year).... while trying to fix the cap issues. 

Say what you want about Beane and McDermott but those that refuse to see the cap as an issue of talent acquisition are simply not seeing the big picture..... money = ability to acquire high end talent and/ or system role players. Where did they spend the available money? Defense... and that defense (which is essentially all Beane and McDermott acquired players) is absolutely balling out. 

I think this coming off-season and draft are going to define this regime. They absolutely have to address the offense in every aspect. I do believe Daboll has called some absolutely atrocious games this year, yet we are still competing. I sincerely hope that his inability to call an effective NFL game does not hinder the growth of Josh Allen.

Seemingly top 3 secondary (with a second year CB that is most likely a future All-Pro)

A young DT that has played well above where he was drafted and has been very impressive

We have many many important pieces in place for a promising future..... I think we need to be patient and look for the growth of this team and players throughout the rest of this year. 

Just my .02....

Welcome to the board... now go get your shine box!!! (j/k man)

Solid first post, and I think most rational fans agree with you.

• Like (+1) 8

1 minute ago, 87168 said:

those 3 words are often used by the apologists. 

I personally wouldn't call it negativity, but I can only speak for myself. it's more frustration than anything else. the FO dug themselves into a hole with their off season decision. many of these  holes were created by this regime, not handed down. the biggest annoyance for me is their handling of JA and the QB position in general. 

No... its not an apologist thing.. its factual.... They did not dig themselves into it.. they are getting rid of useless talent and bad contracts. If you want to be uspet about the way they handle the QB situation... thats fine.

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Welcome to the board... now go get your shine box!!! (j/k man)

Solid first post, and I think most rational fans agree with you.

LOL thank you.. I've been around forever man... just lurk a lot

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

The Bills were not ienpt last year.

Again, they had a lot of issues with the cap and there is only so much they can do man.

Over the past 18 years they have been an inept, dysfunctional franchise. I get we have cap relief and picks next year but I dont trust this staff to get it right.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Success said:

I think some get it, and see it.

Basically, most of their moves were geared toward this offseason.  The Bills are set up better than anyone to improve their team with the freed up cap space and picks.

Exactly.... 

here's my thought... If you explain this to a person WITHOUT using a team name.. People would love to be in this situation.

• Like (+1) 1

There was a point yesterday when the Bills were up 13-10 bleeding the clock down and I was thinking holy crap Sean McDermott deserves Coach of the Year if he has this roster at 3-3. Guys this is the worst roster in the NFL besides maybe Oakland, Arizona, and Indy and 2 of those teams have way better offenses and QBs. 

This team is in play for the 1st pick, and it was designed to bottom out to rebuild this group with young talent(10 picks) and supplement them with FAs(80 mill). They expect to see a big leap in 2019, it will all depend on Allen like every team when it comes to the QB position 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Success said:

I think some get it, and see it.

Basically, most of their moves were geared toward this offseason.  The Bills are set up better than anyone to improve their team with the freed up cap space and picks.

I totally get it..... but some moves should be weighted more than others. their decisions for the qb spots since training camp have been atrocious. Peterman taking anymore snaps is inexcusable. 

I like most of whats been done. I absolutely hate how they've handled the qb's.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Over the past 18 years they have been an inept, dysfunctional franchise. I get we have cap relief and picks next year but I dont trust this staff to get it right.

What makes you NOT trust this staff........? 

I thought yesterdays game was entertaining.  Two special teams bad plays and one pass interference call was pretty much the difference in the game.  Yes Peterman sucked but they still had a chance to win or tie.  It wasn't like we got beat 34-0. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Just my .02....

I can't say this enough.   People who follow this team are sick of the losing.

People around here are sick of the losing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, warrior9 said:

No... its not an apologist thing.. its factual.... They did not dig themselves into it.. they are getting rid of useless talent and bad contracts. If you want to be uspet about the way they handle the QB situation... thats fine.

useless talent? Woods, Brown, Watkins (yes him too), Hogan, Darby, Gilmore...you can argue "scheme", but I don't buy it.

I would take any of the aforementioned WRs over what the Bills currently have. 

The highlight of this regime's impact is defense, but as we all saw last night, offense wins games and the Bills have the weakest in the league.

• Like (+1) 2

Just my .02....

Completely wrong, as has been discussed multiple times here.

1. The Rex/Whaley roster got this team to the post season last year.

2. Cap problems were created by Beane.  He chose a mountain of dead cap space in 2018.  It was not forced on him.

3. Hyde, Poyer, Hughes, KW are absolutely NOT players selected by Beane or McDermott.

4. Team is less talented this year than they were last year.

5. Building a team in free agency hardly sounds like "doing it the right way for the future" but the Process works in mysterious ways.

It all hinges on Allen.  If he pans out then its all good.  If not, total failure.  As it stands, the league's 31st worst passing offense has taken a step back in 2018. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3