A great offense versus a great defense..which would you rather have?

LabattBlue

Great Offense or Defense  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which One

• Great Offense
    • Great defense

Assuming in the salary cap era it is difficult to have a great offense AND a great defense....

- I take a great offense every day of the week. 

- A great offense is more exciting. 

- A great offense can always get you back in the game(see KC last night). 

- If your team with a great defense and bad offense goes down 17 points in the 2nd half...GAME OVER.  

So how does this get fixed in Buffalo?  Hire an offensive genius, and not a guy who is clueless in terms of offense(McClappy).  How else do you explain a guy who routinely brings in endless defense players for tryouts, but is doing little to nothing to improve the WORST WR corp in the league. 

How many more years of bad offensive football before the Bills have an offense like KC, NE, NO, PIT, LAC, LAR, TB, PHI, etc...

Edited by LabattBlue

I love having a great defense...the problem is, there's nothing to say that having a great defense also means you have to have a historically awful offense.

With even a below-average offense, this team would win quite a few games.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s not ever close in today’s nfl.  It is so much easier to find defensive players and a good DC, than the other way.  Wade Phillips was on twitter begging for jobs.

if you draft a qb, you need an offensive head coach.  If you inherited a franchise qb, then a defensive head coach is fine.  But this league wants you to pass and score.  The Bills are in another league. 

No matter how good your defense is, if your offense can't score points you are screwed. We're seeing that this year.

But as long as you have even a 20th ranked offense, I'd take a great defense.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s not ever close in today’s nfl.  It is so much easier to find defensive players and a good DC, than the other way.  Wade Phillips was on twitter begging for jobs.

if you draft a qb, you need an offensive head coach.  If you inherited a franchise qb, then a defensive head coach is fine.  But this league wants you to pass and score.  The Bills are in another league. 

one of the best defensive minded coaches?   begging for a job?  

What I believe to be  truth ......    Greggggg W turned down 6 job offers to go to Cleveland    oh wait.  Never mind 

I know some people don’t like the morning show on WGR, but Jeremy white said something the first hour that stood out.  I don’t recall if this was his thought or if he was repeating somebody else.  

Maybe not the exact quote, but he said something along the lines of, “if you have the best offense in the league with the worst defense, you’re the chiefs.  If you have the best defense in the league with the worst offense, you’re the Bills.”  

That sums up my answer.  Which team would you rather have right now?

Edited by billsfan5121

A great offense...year to year there is a much higher correlation for offenses than defenses being good in consecutive years...

Also with all the rules slanted towards offense now, it will be harder and harder for defenses to be consistently good.