The Answer is Sitting in Tampa Bay

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

That was pure fool's gold and anyone who looked closely enough wasn't that impressed because of the circumstances he played in a addition to the QoC.  The warning signs were there even that he still was a substandard QB.  Anyone who pointed this out was shouted down by many at TSW. 

His meltdown was far worse than anyone could have imagined. Of course nobody thought he would be a top 10 QB, but most thought he could move the ball some for a few weeks until Allen was ready. Expectations were pretty low, and he couldn't even meet those.

13 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I’m only arguing that he’s better than Peterman, Derek Anderson, and the current Josh Allen. A poster in this thread acted like Fitz and Peterman are interchangeable - does any rational non-troll really believe that?

I'll give you that. ?

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I’m only arguing that he’s better than Peterman, Derek Anderson, and the current Josh Allen. A poster in this thread acted like Fitz and Peterman are interchangeable - does any rational non-troll really believe that?

Thank you.  That's all I'm trying to say.  IF you want to salvage the season (and maybe you don't for a myriad of reasons), Fitzpatrick - as of October 15, 2018 - is better than Peterman, Anderson and Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

I did not read all the responses and while I would not love this it might be one of the more practical moves to be made at this point.  One problem I do see is that his cap number may be too high to do this w/o the Bills making some sacrifice they presently cannot afford.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

I did not read all the responses and while I would not love this it might be one of the more practical moves to be made at this point.  One problem I do see is that his cap number may be too high to do this w/o the Bills making some sacrifice they presently cannot afford.

Trading draft compensation for an old backup QB named Ryan Fitzpatrick is practical?  It's anything but that.  It's a moot point regardless because there's no way the Bucs will deal him since they'd be left with nothing if Winston is injured. 

53 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They win that game with Logan Thomas or Joe Webb. 

This peterman thing needs to stop permanently. 

What ever happened to Thad Lewis?  Can he still ball?

1 hour ago, st pete gogolak said:

He's not a savior and he's not a long term answer.  He's not even an answer beyond this year.  I posted this only to posit this question - is the season worth saving?  Do you waste this defense?  I think Allen certainly has some potential but it's pretty obvious he's not ready.  When is the last time Derek Anderson completed a pass in an actual NFL game?  I think Fitzpatrick is a very limited QB but he's better than what we have.  Anybody else out there that's can be had cheap that improves the situation? 

You got it man, give JA a smart qb to learn from on and off the field.  Unfortunately on the field would also be learning from Fitz mistakes but at least itll be entertaining.  I hated having Fitz as our starter but he loves Buffalo and would be a lot less embarrassing that what we've got going now.

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

What? Fitz doesn’t have an interception rate anywhere near Peterman, and while he does throw interceptions, he also throws touchdowns, and multiple completions, many of which are like (gasp!) 20 or more yards downfield.

I can absolutely understand the eye rolling and apprehension, but if you don’t realize that Fitz is currently on a much higher tier than any of our current QBs, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Dude...you're crazy....Look at Fitz last game as a Buccaneer.....Look what Fitz did, playing for the Jets against the Bills.....3 Ints, in a game he neesed to make yhe Playoffs...no way! If Josh Allen needs someone to talk to, comong off the field....let it be Anderson . We should've never rushed to give Fitz that contract back then.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Trading draft compensation for an old backup QB named Ryan Fitzpatrick is practical?  It's anything but that.  It's a moot point regardless because there's no way the Bucs will deal him since they'd be left with nothing if Winston is injured. 

Practical in that it is a bone thrown to the defense to keep up their high level of play.  Fitzpatrick would not have to put the team on his shoulders with this defense and that might cut down on some of his turnovers.  I don't love Fitz as an option but I don't want the team to quit and go through another coaching/GM cycle.

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Practical in that it is a bone thrown to the defense to keep up their high level of play.  Fitzpatrick would not have to put the team on his shoulders with this defense and that might cut down on some of his turnovers.  I don't love Fitz as an option but I don't want the team to quit and go through another coaching/GM cycle.

It's simply not going to happen. 

5 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Dude...you're crazy....Look at Fitz last game as a Buccaneer.....Look what Fitz did, playing for the Jets against the Bills.....3 Ints, in a game he neesed to make yhe Playoffs...no way! If Josh Allen needs someone to talk to, comong off the field....let it be Anderson . We should've never rushed to give Fitz that contract back then.

Dude, you’re crazy. You’re trying to claim that Fitz and Peterman are the same. Fitz is also light years beyond the corpse of Derek Anderson.  Just stop.

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

Dude, you’re crazy. You’re trying to claim that Fitz and Peterman are the same. Fitz is also light years beyond the corpse of Derek Anderson.  Just stop.

You're a Fitz fan....no need to keep arguing with you,  you've said enough.

THIS is the perfect example of how bad it has gotten around here. Next time someone has an issue, just remember someone had the wisdom to actually post and sign their name to a thread calling for RYAN FREAKING FITZPATRICK to come be our savior. WTF ARE YOU THINKING?  Pack it in and call it a day, bc this might be the single silliest thing ive ever read here. There have been some doozies but this.... this takes the cake. Troll job of the year!!! Good job mate, good job

2 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

You're a Fitz fan....no need to keep arguing with you,  you've said enough.

No, I’m a rational, sober human being.

Will just ask instead of continuing to derail - do you truly think there’s no difference between Fitz and Peterman?

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Then you sign a street FA like Landry Jones.

Might be time for Landry Jones as a stop gap measure.  Peterman can no longer be sold to the fanbase and Allen's injury though possibly minor would give him the breather he needs and save face.  I just have a feeling that Anderson's "deal" does not include playing if it can be helped.  It sure would be nice sitting in at any staff meetings involving Anderson today to hear the conversation.  I would not put the chance of the Bills signing or trading for a stop gap totally at zero for this week.

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

.....  I just have a feeling that Anderson's "deal" does not include playing if it can be helped.  It sure would be nice sitting in at any staff meetings involving Anderson today to hear the conversation.  I would not put the chance of the Bills signing or trading for a stop gap totally at zero for this week.

McBean have stated their intention to build through the draft. They are not trading picks away for  stop gap.

If there was no intention of giving Anderson any playing time they could have just signed him on as an assistant qb coach, and thus saved the roster spot.