The Answer is Sitting in Tampa Bay

2 minutes ago, jabu said:

McBean have stated their intention to build through the draft. They are not trading picks away for  stop gap.

If there was no intention of giving Anderson any playing time they could have just signed him on as an assistant qb coach, and thus saved the roster spot.

Everybody intends to follow a specific plan of action but then life throws a curve ball.  You have a good thing building with the defense and now you have signs of unrest such as with Hughes.  Do you let all that you have work for collapse for the sake of being stubborn?  There is a certain reality with Anderson in that he has been noted as being typical for a mid-30's vet in that he is not in ideal shape and probably can't take a multitude of hits.  Hate Brady all you want but the guy is relentless in terms of conditioning and preparation which helps on the field.  I doubt Anderson was exerting the effort earlier this year that is needed for ideal conditioning.

57 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's simply not going to happen. 

I am not saying that it will happen but feel that management is backed into a corner with the current QB situation and a roster move is the only way out.  If they get someone like Jones they sure as heck do not need to keep him if they feel Jones (whomever) is not working out.  They have the perfect excuse with an injury in the minds of the fans to sit Allen for a few weeks if they think it will benefit him.  

8 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

I am not saying that it will happen but feel that management is backed into a corner with the current QB situation and a roster move is the only way out.  If they get someone like Jones they sure as heck do not need to keep him if they feel Jones (whomever) is not working out.  They have the perfect excuse with an injury in the minds of the fans to sit Allen for a few weeks if they think it will benefit him.  

It's my belief that most fans will be PO'ed if they start Anderson absent a legitimate injury that prevents Allen from gaining additional learning via actual playing experience.  Seemed like a very minor injury that involved temporary loss of feeling and minor bruising to the elbow.  We'll see soon enough. 

I said before the season, and I'll say it again.  It doesn't matter who plays QB if they don't fix the O line. 

With the exception of Peterman, who's a walking disaster.  In his case it doesn't matter how good the O line is.

Face it, the O line we see is the O line we're gonna have all year, unless someone gets hurt and then it will get worse.  The WRs we see are the WRs we're gonna have all year, with the exception of Kelvin Benjamin who will be cut, traded (good luck with that) or IR'd for some imaginary injury. 

The good and also improving defense will all be back next year, except probably for Kyle Williams who at some point will hang them up.  WRs are fairly easy to find and plug into the system.  Interior O line players have a lot to learn but it does happen a lot that rookies come in and perform.  I'm optimistic about next year.  This year, let Allen play and learn as much as he can. 

People were suggesting trading Shady for a variety of reasons, and all we'd likely get for a 30 year old RB would be a 4th.  That's what Fitz would cost.  Would anyone seriously propose trading Shady for Fitz? Come on.

4 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Well, not in Tampa Bay, just nearby.  There's a 35 year old quarterback named Ryan Fitzpatrick who as recently as a couple of weeks ago threw for 400 yards in back to back games.  The Bucs aren't going anywhere, Winston will be the starter, they have a young third-string QB, so if the Bills offered something stupid (4th round pick for 35 year old back-up QB?), they'd probably take it.  We all know what Fitzy is and what he isn't.  He's certainly better than anything on the roster right now.  It would be a shame to throw away the year when the D is playoff caliber.  This isn't about Allen by the way.  Some guys should sit their first year.  He's one of them. 

Actually fitz put up more than 2 consecutive 400 yard games. Then crapped the bed as he is famous for. The local sports bobble heads last week,were preaching that the Bucs were shopping him.  thank god no takers. if true.

He blows why live in the past? meaning Fitz failures. 

nice guy and a sharp dressed man though. 

4 hours ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

The answer is actually Kaepernick.  We stumbled upon a legit great defense.  If we had a mid-tier offense we would be a force.  Unfortunately we all know this won't happen.

The logical answer is Kaep. But the majority of the posters here are not logical. They are too wrapped up in their personal politics to put winning football first.

1 minute ago, simpleman said:

The logical answer is Kaep. But the majority of the posters here are not logical. They are too wrapped up in their personal politics to put winning football first.

I don't think Kaep would sign with Buffalo.

Here's why. In his last season the Niners  played in Buffalo. Kaep said the racist taunts he got in Buffalo

were the worst he had to put up with that season. He iirc kind of made it  it clear his feelings about Buffalo.

And they are not positive. Agree or disagree. It is what he said. 

5 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

Well, not in Tampa Bay, just nearby.  There's a 35 year old quarterback named Ryan Fitzpatrick who as recently as a couple of weeks ago threw for 400 yards in back to back games.  The Bucs aren't going anywhere, Winston will be the starter, they have a young third-string QB, so if the Bills offered something stupid (4th round pick for 35 year old back-up QB?), they'd probably take it.  We all know what Fitzy is and what he isn't.  He's certainly better than anything on the roster right now.  It would be a shame to throw away the year when the D is playoff caliber.  This isn't about Allen by the way.  Some guys should sit their first year.  He's one of them. 

If Fitzpatrick is the answer, what is the question?

5 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Fitzpatrick is 35 years of age, has been on a few talented teams, (like the jets) and he still has never been to the playoffs.

It wouldn’t make sense to bring him in for a variety of reasons 

Hey I think Derek Anderson is 35 too.

5 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

I don't think it is especially likely that McDermott will sit Josh Allen, but if he did, Derek Anderson is the guy he would start.  Fitzpatrick is not leaving Tampa unless a team overpays to get him.  I don't want the Bills to overpay, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't.

38 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Actually fitz put up more than 2 consecutive 400 yard games. Then crapped the bed as he is famous for. The local sports bobble heads last week,were preaching that the Bucs were shopping him.  thank god no takers. if true.

He blows why live in the past? meaning Fitz failures. 

nice guy and a sharp dressed man though. 

I'm not even championing this cause, but those who saying it is a dumb idea seem to be judging the "move" as some sort of long term thing...it wouldn't be.  No more than sighing the 35 year old (and even less successfull) Derek Anderson would be. And as for "crapping the bed" in that Bears game, while it is true he had two early interceptions in that game, he did actually bring them back in that game, so it wasn't a total crapping of the bed, Peterman style.

Edited by Buftex

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I'm not even championing this cause, but those who saying it is a dumb idea seem to be judging the "move" as some sort of long term thing...it wouldn't be.  No more than sighing the 35 year old (and even less successfull) Derek Anderson would be. And as for "crapping the bed" in that Bears game, while it is true he had two early interceptions in that game, he did actually bring them back in that game, so it wasn't a total crapping of the bed, Peterman style.

Well, you make good points in particular comparing him to the Anderson signing. And the Peterman mess.

Maybe I am wrong but anybody coming in, and assuming Allen has no multiple game injury.

No one is going to unseat Allen as the starter IMO. Fitz , Anderson whoever would be a backup.

Don't think Anderson got much more than vet minimum. Fitz is still getting paid good back up money. 

I don't think they could even fit him in under the cap? 

OBD undertsands what this season is about. They are not panicing too win games. Although it would be nice.

They aren't shopping to improve a dismal QB situation. If their prize rookie can go out and play let him play. 

I just don't see what Fitz could bring too the table. For a few games this season. 

8 hours ago, Nelius said:

No, I’m a rational, sober human being.

Will just ask instead of continuing to derail - do you truly think there’s no difference between Fitz and Peterman?

Haha...rational? Seems as if U dont understand the game, so let me help U out...1st Off....Fitz was playing with 3 nice pieces in Jackson, Howard and Evans and he still managed to turn back into Fitz..

Nothing on this roster is even close to that talent, which means those passing windows are even smaller. So once again....anybody who knows anything about Football, would understand Fitz wouldn't be able to do anything with this Wr core..we don't need him to show Allen hiw to throw bad INTs...we have Peterman for that.

10 hours ago, st pete gogolak said:

YES

YES 

YES

The Bills absolutely have a playoff-caliber, if not championship-caliber defense & kicker. 

Unfortunately, they have a Section VI JV offense. 

Bring Fitzy home.