The Answer is Sitting in Tampa Bay

29 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Well, not in Tampa Bay, just nearby.  There's a 35 year old quarterback named Ryan Fitzpatrick who as recently as a couple of weeks ago threw for 400 yards in back to back games.  The Bucs aren't going anywhere, Winston will be the starter, they have a young third-string QB, so if the Bills offered something stupid (4th round pick for 35 year old back-up QB?), they'd probably take it.  We all know what Fitzy is and what he isn't.  He's certainly better than anything on the roster right now.  It would be a shame to throw away the year when the D is playoff caliber.  This isn't about Allen by the way.  Some guys should sit their first year.  He's one of them. 

Yes, let's call every team that has an ex Bill on it and trade anything to get them all back. 

• Haha (+1) 1

The concern is that Beane has not demonstrated that he can evaluate good talent. I think Whaley's was better especially with the later draft picks and in season replacements.

Get Bridgewater or Fitz to start and to mentor Allen.

We will probably draft in the top 5 this year and there should be a blue chip prospect there, if so get him so Allen and he will be mentored by the veteran.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The answer is actually Kaepernick.  We stumbled upon a legit great defense.  If we had a mid-tier offense we would be a force.  Unfortunately we all know this won't happen.

He's not a savior and he's not a long term answer.  He's not even an answer beyond this year.  I posted this only to posit this question - is the season worth saving?  Do you waste this defense?  I think Allen certainly has some potential but it's pretty obvious he's not ready.  When is the last time Derek Anderson completed a pass in an actual NFL game?  I think Fitzpatrick is a very limited QB but he's better than what we have.  Anybody else out there that's can be had cheap that improves the situation? 

Also, it's a legitimate question as to whether the season should be saved.  Is 4-12 better than 8-8, given the cap space opening up next year, given another opportunity to pick a blue-chip prospect and given that some people believe it's better to play Allen for the game experience than to sit him.

45 minutes ago, st pete gogolak said:

Well, not in Tampa Bay, just nearby.  There's a 35 year old quarterback named Ryan Fitzpatrick who as recently as a couple of weeks ago threw for 400 yards in back to back games.  The Bucs aren't going anywhere, Winston will be the starter, they have a young third-string QB, so if the Bills offered something stupid (4th round pick for 35 year old back-up QB?), they'd probably take it.  We all know what Fitzy is and what he isn't.  He's certainly better than anything on the roster right now.  It would be a shame to throw away the year when the D is playoff caliber.  This isn't about Allen by the way.  Some guys should sit their first year.  He's one of them. 

lol no

Edited by Tyrion

34 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

What???? Please cut the nonsense out.....Fitzpatrick throws the same amount of INT's as the Clown, backup we have here now.....We don't need Allen, A qb that's already finding it hard to read a Defense,  learning from a gunslinger with a weak arm.....NO...NO...NO

What? Fitz doesn’t have an interception rate anywhere near Peterman, and while he does throw interceptions, he also throws touchdowns, and multiple completions, many of which are like (gasp!) 20 or more yards downfield.

I can absolutely understand the eye rolling and apprehension, but if you don’t realize that Fitz is currently on a much higher tier than any of our current QBs, then I don’t know what to tell you.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

He had D Jax, Mike Evans, Brate and OJ Howard.

We have,...........?????

Yeah, the arguments for him back then were that he had no good players around him.  He had them with the Bucs and still fell off a cliff.

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

What are your thoughts about what the Bills should do at the QB position?

Continue to play Allen to allow him to gain valuable experience and grow through his issues. He needs as many snaps as possible.  Build a much better supporting cast in the offseason via the draft and UFA.  That's what they have to do.  Any suggestions of Fitz, Foles, or any other older backup QB make no sense given the investment made in Allen. 

Yeah, I’m sure Fitz could get the most out of this group of receivers. Just look at his masterful work in getting Evans, Jackson, and Howard to shine in Tampa. They were nothing before Fitz unlocked their skills. I see no reason why he couldn’t do the same with Benjamin , Jones, and Clay.