Plan for the next 3 games?

zow2

27 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Get the kid back in there, he can take it. Mix in 2 or 3 deep balls to Foster a game. Let him continue to work on his chemistry with Zay and glue Anderson to his hip. Next year he'll have an improved receiving group and O-line and a year of lumps/lessons under his belt.

That's the thing.  Either Daboll and McD have shut him down?  or Allen is just not throwing the ball anymore?  In the last 3 games he has 36 completions for 317 yds, 0 TDs and 3 INTs.  That is awful by any standards.   So either let the kid rip a few downfield or pull him out and let him watch for a few games.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Plan for the next 3 games is let Peterman try to redeem himself.       Derek Anderson is meant to be a mentor clipboard holder and is not meant to get on field.

Yikes. Im behind play allen regardless. I can at least understand the logic behind a week or two of Anderson although i disagree. This, i just dont get. It doesnt serve either the learn by playing or learn by watching a vet narrative and kinda seems like ya just wanna watch it burn - just because. It serves no developmental purpose and honestly just seems kind of mean, to both Peterman AND the fans.

Edited by gobills1212

1 hour ago, jkirchofer said:

As long as Allen is out, McDermott is going to put Peterman on the field. He values "culture" more than talent and regardless of on the field capability, Peterman represents everything off the field he loves in a player. That is more important to McDermott than anything else, or we would have a lot more talent on this team.

Mort mentioned DA may play incase of injury and that was before yesterday. As fun as watching a game plan that features no outside the hash throws sounds, i dont see how the kid does anything else besides run the PS. I also think you need to keep in mind that THIS incarceration of the Buffalo Bills isnt the final result. Once the dead cap is off the books hopefully a couple key defenders are added and next years O resembles the diff between the 2017 and 2018 Sabres. 2018 seems to be about laying the foundation and 2019 and beyond is when the fun starts. 

Sometimes i wonder how this fan base got behind the tank for Eichel because patience doesnt seem to be our strong suit collectively as a whole.

1 hour ago, xsoldier54 said:

Allen needs to play if he's able.  Sitting him serves no purpose.  He'll learn from game experience, not sitting on the bench.  He'll get better.  The fact is, the entire offense has been bad, not just Allen.  He needs some support from the O-Line and receivers.  Both have been abysmal.  Benjamin is an absolute joke.  Will be glad to see him go because he just doesn't seem to give a ****.  I say if Allen is healthy enough, he continues to start.

he can also learn by sitting on the bench and watching a vet.  worked for many QB's, Mahomes the most recent example.  

Although Goff is an example of playing right away helping.   

At any rate, any QB will look terrible with this OL and WR group.  

1 hour ago, jkirchofer said:

As long as Allen is out, McDermott is going to put Peterman on the field. He values "culture" more than talent and regardless of on the field capability, Peterman represents everything off the field he loves in a player. That is more important to McDermott than anything else, or we would have a lot more talent on this team.

this is a ridiculous cliche around here.  If this were true, Hughes, McCoy, and Benjamin would not be on this team, to name a few.   And White would not be tweeting at Mike R. (which I loved, btw).   

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

That's the thing.  Either Daboll and McD have shut him down?  or Allen is just not throwing the ball anymore?  In the last 3 games he has 36 completions for 317 yds, 0 TDs and 3 INTs.  That is awful by any standards.   So either let the kid rip a few downfield or pull him out and let him watch for a few games.

Exactly.  The play calling has been atrocious.  And how about bringing in a real QB coach.  

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Plan for the next 3 games is let Peterman try to redeem himself.       Derek Anderson is meant to be a mentor clipboard holder and is not meant to get on field.

If Peterman wants to redeem himself, he should trade his car in for a scooter.