Plan for the next 3 games?

zow2

So it appears the Josh Allen injury will be the perfect excuse to sit him, regardless of how serious or day-to-day the injury is.

If I'm McBeane,  I look at the schedule and see Indy, NE and Chicago coming up.  NO way do I want Allen to play on a Monday nighter vs, NE.  Even if he plays at a higher 
level than we've seen, there's no chance he will he lead the Bills to enough points. And if he plays like he has, it will be an embarrassment to him and the organization. The Bears and
their defensive talent and schemes will destroy Allen. 

So what I think will happen is Derek Anderson will play vs. Indy to get his feet wet.  Hopefully he gets comfortable enough that we can get some competent QB play vs. NE and Chicago.
Now do we have any faith in Anderson? That's another story  Looks like the guy has only thrown 150 passes over the past 8 seasons.  And he was never what I would say good. 

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

So it appears the Josh Allen injury will be the perfect excuse to sit him, regardless of how serious or day-to-day the injury is.

If I'm McBeane,  I look at the schedule and see Indy, NE and Chicago coming up.  NO way do I want Allen to play on a Monday nighter vs, NE.  Even if he plays at a higher 
level than we've seen, there's no chance he will he lead the Bills to enough points. And if he plays like he has, it will be an embarrassment to him and the organization. The Bears and

So what I think will happen is Derek Anderson will play vs. Indy to get his feet wet.  Hopefully he gets comfortable enough that we can get some competent QB play vs. NE and Chicago.
Now do we have any faith in Anderson? That's another story  Looks like the guy has only thrown 150 passes over the past 8 seasons.  And he was never what I would say good. 

So the Bears Just lit up by Brock Osweiller sacres you

if Allen is healthy and the MRI will show it is a bruise he should play. Unless of course he is soft and cant play with a Bruise. 

Get the kid back in there, he can take it. Mix in 2 or 3 deep balls to Foster a game. Let him continue to work on his chemistry with Zay and glue Anderson to his hip. Next year he'll have an improved receiving group and O-line and a year of lumps/lessons under his belt.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It does?  Based on what?

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Get the kid back in there, he can take it. Mix in 2 or 3 deep balls to Foster a game. Let him continue to work on his chemistry with Zay and glue Anderson to his hip. Next year he'll have an improved receiving group and O-line and a year of lumps/lessons under his belt.

Totally agree with this thought process 

1 minute ago, Success said:

I’m dreading the Monday nighter.

I say start Allen if he’s healthy, though.  Gotta see this thing through, good or bad.

Word. 

Its actly a pretty good measure in a way.

When Allen came in most seemed to want him to play knowing there would be bumps and a learning curve. Now we are experiencing those bumps and a portion doesnt want to see the plan through and bail because of the bumps. I dont know whats right and what's wrong, BUT i do know that whats happened win or loose isnt enough to sway me personally from the original plan bc i was impatient. Im interested to see what the team themselves end up doing. Stay the course or bail and try a different approach. 

• Like (+1) 1

Allen needs to play if he's able.  Sitting him serves no purpose.  He'll learn from game experience, not sitting on the bench.  He'll get better.  The fact is, the entire offense has been bad, not just Allen.  He needs some support from the O-Line and receivers.  Both have been abysmal.  Benjamin is an absolute joke.  Will be glad to see him go because he just doesn't seem to give a ****.  I say if Allen is healthy enough, he continues to start.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, prissythecat said:

Plan for the next 3 games is let Peterman try to redeem himself.       Derek Anderson is meant to be a mentor clipboard holder and is not meant to get on field.

Hand it off

hand it off

incomplete

punt

hope the other team cacks it up

0-0 is fine at the half

As long as Allen is out, McDermott is going to put Peterman on the field. He values "culture" more than talent and regardless of on the field capability, Peterman represents everything off the field he loves in a player. That is more important to McDermott than anything else, or we would have a lot more talent on this team.