Bills D now ranked 3rd...forced the most fumbles in the NFL by a LOT...

Big Turk

On 10/15/2018 at 9:08 AM, Kevin1778 said:

They are terrible on 3rd down and when the game is on the line. That is not a great defense.

Troll? They are TERRIBLE on 3rd down. That means they don't produce when they need to. Just like in the last 4 minutes yesterday. All I am saying is they are OVERRATED.

They have been played very well but I can't discount what you are saying. With the game on the line and a chance to win it with a stop, they allowed an 84 yard drive in the final two minutes. I was positive that they were going to get the stop and maybe you can blame the PI call, but a great defense makes that stop and wins the game. Right now they are very good but need to take one more step to get to the top.

On 10/15/2018 at 6:31 AM, zow2 said:

Well the D is playing light out...but the forced fumble thing will come back to earth at some point. And when it does that's when we'll see more 20+ point losses.  

Not necessarily.  Interceptions are the result, often times, of good fortune.  Fumble recoveries are also, often times, the result of good fortune with bounces.  Forcing a fumble is a skill of physicality and awareness.  They are not accidental.  

On 10/15/2018 at 9:31 AM, zow2 said:

Well the D is playing light out...but the forced fumble thing will come back to earth at some point. And when it does that's when we'll see more 20+ point losses.  

Yep, unless our offense can find a heartbeat.

On 10/15/2018 at 10:27 AM, LFC24 said:

don't worry, it will even out once we play some better offenses 

we have came up against 2 bad offenses in a row. we got our ass handed to us by GB and LA. This defense is overrated. 

I've started looking at one metric......take two 3 and outs by the bills then convert just one into a touchdown....the other to a drive that allows for a punt pinning the other team deep. Just that scenario wins a few more games it seems. That's not too much to ask is it? That and never run out a kickoff. 25 yd line....no blocking in the back....play the odds not the lottery.

We'll need to get a great outside CB and replace Kyle and Lorenzo soon. I'm pretty sure this next offseason will be dedicated to surrounding Allen with talent, but Harry Phillips should be solid, so it's quite possible the defense could be even better next year. Having an offense that keeps the defense off the field and lets the defense play with a lead would be a big help too.

This is where many of our fellow posters either get it wrong or simply are blinded with misplaced anger and don't understand.   

That we may already potentially have a championship caliber defense.   This defense since quarter number 6 of this season has played an elite level and aside from Kyle Williams and L. Alexander, the defense is very young.  Albeit they are two very important players but when you look at how we turned this defense from not just being an opportunistic turnover machine but now they shut down opposing teams ground games and don't give up all that many yards.    

We just need to maintain this level of defense and now build an offense.   I fully expect the F.O to draft and pick up players in F.A that will dramatically improve the talent level on offense.   We've got a really good coach and G.M, I have lots of confidence that next year we'll fill up the cupboard and 2020 we'll be vying for deep in December football games.