Allen =Jake Locker 2.0?

YodaMan79

None of us know how Allen will develop (or not develop).  He is a project, and, if anything, more raw than I expected.  He should not have been the starter in his first year.  This is going to take time to evaluate, and the Bills will need to figure out a viable back-up QB in the interim.

20 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Bills fans suck.

5 games in and the fan base has turned on Allen already. We all know he is a raw project with a high ceiling so he is going to need minimum 2 years. Just get used to it.

If you want to blame Beane/McDermott for not having a capable veteran in here than that is valid.

Yes they suck

I admit his seemingly "lack of progress" had dimmed my enthusiasm but it's only 5 games in, people are stupid. If you really are a fan of the Bills, yet you'd rather be right that Allen will be a bust instead of wanting him to success you just suck.

• Like (+1) 1

I went back and re-watched on gamepass and he actually played better than I thought when watching it live. Most of the times he bailed out of the pocket there was nothing. The one thing I'd really like to see him do better is check out of runs that are set up for failure from the start.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Your problem, like a lot of Bills/Sabres fans, is that your use to negative results from our Sports Teams. Allen will be fine. He will be the Bills QB that wins the Super Bowl. So change that old Buffalo loser mindset. 

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Bills fans suck.

5 games in and the fan base has turned on Allen already. We all know he is a raw project with a high ceiling so he is going to need minimum 2 years. Just get used to it.

If you want to blame Beane/McDermott for not having a capable veteran in here than that is valid.

Yeah but you’re missing the whole ‘history always repeating itself’ thing. The Bills spent a lot to get a guy who is that raw, that high, gave him absolutely no support and if they don’t start winning next year (with obvious leaps forward for a FIRST ROUND PICK) you can kiss McBeane goodbye. Then we get to start it all over again with a new HC/GM combo and a new roster turnover phase and a new QB. Lather, rinse, repeat. 

But yeah we just gave up lol. Nah, we just see the !@#$ing writing on the wall; we aren’t stupid. 

Just now, gjv001 said:

Your problem, like a lot of Bills/Sabres fans, is that your use to negative results from our Sports Teams. Allen will be fine. He will be the Bills QB that wins the Super Bowl. So change that old Buffalo loser mindset. 

And WHAT in his history has shown any of that him being Fine??

where in Dabolls history has he developed a QB?

where in Culleys?

I think Locker is a fair comparison, but I do think Allen is a more polished passer than Locker ever was.Locker really was an athlete playing quarterback, where I think Allen is more than that already. He wil get there. We are baically seeing what every person said we would see in the lead up to the draft. He is not ready to play and is learning on the fly. The options are sit him  and let him watch or let him play and learn on the fly. At this point with his injury I think it is a good excuse to let him take a step back for 3-4 games and then get back into the starting lineup. 

It has been said a million times, but not bringing in a vet and having that ridiculous 3 way competition was just poor planning by this regime. I totally agreed with the Tyrod trade. There was nothing he could teach Allen becuase he doesn't know how to play quarterback himself. The Anderson thing should have been done a long time ago. I don't care if he sucks...it insulates Allen and anything is better than Peterman. 

Allen will be great eventually. Keep the faith. The signs are there, he's a hard worker, and he's really smart. He will get there, but this is going to require some patience. 

• Like (+1) 1

Can we please, maybe, possibly give Allen until at least his second season in the league before we proclaim him a bust?  My lord people.  His support is horrendous.  He was raw coming out of college.  What the hell do you people expect? 

We have a less than average offensive line.  We don't have a #1 or #2 quality WR on this roster.  And we have to have among the highest number of drops in the league.  

Talk to me about Allen's shortcomings this time next year and then I'll listen. 

• Like (+1) 2

I do like some of Allen's game.... big arm, can run, and if he makes a mistake he seems to shake it off..... but I'm not sold on him yet !  To be fair I would like to see him with some players that can help him WR'S , OL. That's on the front office!  So like someone else said he needs a 2nd yr. Only problem is that's ANOTHER year of mediocrity or less for the team and fans!  So if they get him some help next year.....then I'll make my decision on him.

STILL NOT SOLD ON DABOLL 

Josh Allen is proof that we have no patience to develop a QB. What was said about Allen? He was a project. But how many people said start him anyway? "He'll learn on the job!" "Let's see what we have in him!" Well there you go. 5 starts and we are ready to dump him. I knew this was how it would play out.

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Josh Allen is proof that we have no patience to develop a QB. What was said about Allen? He was a project. But how many people said start him anyway? "He'll learn on the job!" "Let's see what we have in him!" Well there you go. 5 starts and we are ready to dump him. I knew this was how it would play out.

When was the last time a total project like Allen worked out?

The cause for impatience is the fact that guys like Josh Allen never work out in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would compare him to Goff. He was terrible his first year but really didn’t have many weapons. Why don’t we believe that getting him some good receivers next year year will make him a much better QB. I looking at the screen names of those complaining the loudest and they were many of the same people screaming for him to “learn on the job”

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Anderson should NEVER play if Allen can go. 

Until I see Anderson play with this offense, I’ll withhold judgement on who is the better QB.  Allen’s pocket presence is a major problem.  Drop back, first read covered, run, get hit.  If our number 1 priority is to win this season, Anderson might be the best bet.  Still an unknown though.  Allen is currently a slower mike Vick in Madden.  

I was not able to watch the game live yesterday, but I just watched it and I have to say I am deeply troubled by the media and fan reaction. I thought Josh Allen clearly played his best game yesterday. There were a lot of bright spots and a lot of throws from the pocket. You also can't just throw out plays that were called back. They still show his development. It's highly disturbing that everyone is saying he was awful and needs to be be replaced.

Edited by The Bills Blog
  • Like (+1) 2