Bills Defense is Overrated. They Choked.

Kevin1778

49 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Not a fair assessment. If that last drive showed me anything it wasn't that the D choked. It did however show that we should be taking more downfield shots (where the WR can actually make a play on the ball) because of the chance of picking up a PI call.

The D played exceedingly well enough for the Bills to win that game. 

You mean ones that aren't intentionally airmailed 20 yards over the receivers heads because they are covered well?

1 minute ago, Blaise321 said:

You mean like throwing a pick six?

Yes. Just because a backup QB making 600K a year choked it does not take away from the fact that all the high priced talent on the Bills defense did not choke first. The Defense had the game in their hands. They did not come through.

29 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Yes.

You are asking too much to the defense, 13 points against(no matter how) is a fantastic outcome. 

In all season the only problem with them are penalties in crucial moment that lead to keep them on the field.

51 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Thanks for your thoughts, Kevin. If that’s even your real name.

I bet that his real name is Tom.  Or maybe Bill.  His zip code starts something like 01XXX.  Pronounces words such as car "cah."  Worries about Nor'easters a lot during the winter.

57 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

With 4 minutes to go in the game the Bills punted with a 3 point lead. The punting game pinned the Texans to their 8 yard line.  The Defense CHOKED and allowed the Texans to march 91 yards on 7 plays in less than 2 minutes. Had the Defense done their job and held the Bills win. When a backup QB making only 600k a year comes into a game trailing and gives the Defense the lead the Defense has to step up and do their job. They failed. Yes, the offense has let them down all year long, but with the game on the line and needing only one stop after an incredible punt, the Defense was carved up by a team that did NOTHING all game. When the game was on the line the Bills Defense didn't get their job done.

They are the 21st rated Defense when it comes to allowing 3rd Down conversions. They don't produce when it matters. Elite defenses don't give up big drives when the game is on the line and they show up on 3rd down.

Toughest decision I'll make today... do I use the "laugh" or "confused" reaction.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

You mean ones that aren't intentionally airmailed 20 yards over the receivers heads because they are covered well?

When our guy is 6'5 and the DB is 5'10 and its 40 yards down the field, those shouldn't be intentionally airmailed. It's a punt if they pick it. 

37 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Nonsense. When the game was on the line they did not make a stop. Period. They started on the EIGHT YARD LINE.

They had first and goal at the one, and couldn't get that yard.  That's a stout defense.  They were screwed by the PI call (the guy was out of the end zone when the ball got to him).  The defense played great.  

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

When our guy is 6'5 and the DB is 5'10 and its 40 yards down the field, those shouldn't be intentionally airmailed. It's a punt if they pick it. 

There's a lot of truth to this.  I'd like to see him give his guys an opportunity to go up and get it.  

please just go away and hide. That was one of the greatest team defense performances in Bills History. They played violent and hard and with a edge. I think the bills who have 6 home games left will win 5 of them.  That gets them to 7 wins. Just have to steal 2 more on the road. The front part of their schedule was brutal. I feel sorry for any team 

entering new era field from this point forward. Your about to see real pain inflicted on opponents. Right now I think the Bills have the best Defense in the NFL.  As matter a fact Brady better get ready for a beat down to his body. 

Just now, 17 Josh Allen said:

please just go away and hide. That was one of the greatest team defense performances in Bills History. They played violent and hard and with a edge. I think the bills who have 6 home games left will win 5 of them.  That gets them to 7 wins. Just have to steal 2 more on the road. The front part of their schedule was brutal. I feel sorry for any team 

entering new era field from this point forward. Your about to see real pain inflicted on opponents. Right now I think the Bills have the best Defense in the NFL.  As matter a fact Brady better get ready for a beat down to his body. 

It was a garbage O they were facing, and with a 10-0 lead they were clearly trying to grind out the clock

When they got behind it was zip zip zip PI and put them right back in it effortlessky

You choked on your bf’s dong while typing this post. I seriously wish this board had some kind of vetting system that kept these trash pandas from posting insufferable nonsense about a game they barely understand. I seriously hope this is pure trolling and this choad stroker isn’t serious.

1 hour ago, Kevin1778 said:

With 4 minutes to go in the game the Bills punted with a 3 point lead. The punting game pinned the Texans to their 8 yard line.  The Defense CHOKED and allowed the Texans to march 91 yards on 7 plays in less than 2 minutes. Had the Defense done their job and held the Bills win. When a backup QB making only 600k a year comes into a game trailing and gives the Defense the lead the Defense has to step up and do their job. They failed. Yes, the offense has let them down all year long, but with the game on the line and needing only one stop after an incredible punt, the Defense was carved up by a team that did NOTHING all game. When the game was on the line the Bills Defense didn't get their job done.

They are the 21st rated Defense when it comes to allowing 3rd Down conversions. They don't produce when it matters. Elite defenses don't give up big drives when the game is on the line and they show up on 3rd down.

Usually a defense that holds an offense to 1 TD, has 7 sacks and 3 takeaways will win the game. What more do you want them to do? And as for your 3rd down complaints, Houston had a 23% efficiency. Maybe where you're from that's considered good, but not where I'm from. Peterman's pick 6 lost us the game, not our defense. Our defense has been lights out the last couple weeks.  

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

1 hour ago, Kevin1778 said:

Hey fella, here's what the Bills defense did yesterday

-7 sacks

-3 forced fumbles (recovering 2 of them)

-2 interceptions

-11 tackles for loss

-216 total yards allowed

-3.8 yards per play allowed

-Texans were 3-for-13 on 3rd down, a 23% conversion rate

-13 total points allowed

It's a team game and yesterday the other two facets of this team didn't get it done, special teams especially.

And don't give me any sh*t about "when it counted." The defense did their job all game and has been doing so for most of the season. They did more than enough to keep the team in the game and Nate Peterman gave it away.

Edited by blacklabel