Bills Defense is Overrated. They Choked.

Kevin1778

12 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So the Bill's defence choked because of one drive that was mostly due to a penalty, and then held them at the Goaline to give up only a Field Goal? Granted the Texans have not been a great Redzone offence, but the fact the Bill's came up with a stop there to hold them to a FG so late in the game after spending most of the game on the Field due to the offences ineptitude all day is actually quite impressive.

Yes.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Mojo44 said:

The defense only gave up 13 points! By any standard that is an awesome performance. You would take that in any game. This closes the case on this very bad take!!!!!

All that matters is what you do when the game is on the line. They choked.

22 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

With 4 minutes to go in the game the Bills punted with a 3 point lead. The punting game pinned the Texans to their 8 yard line.  The Defense CHOKED and allowed the Texans to march 91 yards on 7 plays in less than 2 minutes. Had the Defense done their job and held the Bills win. When a backup QB making only 600k a year comes into a game trailing and gives the Defense the lead the Defense has to step up and do their job. They failed. Yes, the offense has let them down all year long, but with the game on the line and needing only one stop after an incredible punt, the Defense was carved up by a team that did NOTHING all game. When the game was on the line the Bills Defense didn't get their job done.

Kevin, clean up your room. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mojo44 said:

The defense only gave up 13 points! By any standard that is an awesome performance. You would take that in any game. This closes the case on this very bad take!!!!!

They really only gave up three on the drive to tie the game at 13 and that was after the PI that gave them 1st and goal from the 1.  The premise of this thread is easily one of the most nonsensical I have ever seen on TSW.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

With 4 minutes to go in the game the Bills punted with a 3 point lead. The punting game pinned the Texans to their 8 yard line.  The Defense CHOKED and allowed the Texans to march 91 yards on 7 plays in less than 2 minutes. Had the Defense done their job and held the Bills win. When a backup QB making only 600k a year comes into a game trailing and gives the Defense the lead the Defense has to step up and do their job. They failed. Yes, the offense has let them down all year long, but with the game on the line and needing only one stop after an incredible punt, the Defense was carved up by a team that did NOTHING all game. When the game was on the line the Bills Defense didn't get their job done.

Interesting take Mrs. Peterman

• Haha (+1) 3

I wasnt a fan of the 3rd and 2 run to Ivory but I understood it, we pick a first down there we have a good shot to end the game. That was one chance for the offense to "win" it. Also after they tied it, I was hoping for a run or a screen on first down. Get the clock moving. I didnt like putting Peterman in the position where the D knew we had to pass. I would have been happy with OT the way our D was playing

6 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Kevin, clean up your room. 

Why, because I am pointing out the Bills Defense is OVERRATED. Did not say they were not good. Just OVERRATED. They constantly choke on 3rd down and choked with the game on the line yesterday. Those are just FACTS.

Just now, Kevin1778 said:

Why, because I am pointing out the Bills Defense is OVERRATED. Did not say they were not good. Just OVERRATED. They constantly choke on 3rd down and choked with the game on the line yesterday. Those are just FACTS.

Get out of your basement. Your takes suck.....

out

I will say this... for all the talk about peterman and Allen’s failures, my lasting memory from this game is defense unable to jump on another forced fumble that would have sealed this game.

...but that’s mostly cause I only have faith in our defense to make game winning plays

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Not sure I would say holding a team to a field goal to TIE the game when they had first and goal at the 1 is choking...