The blame lies squarely with the HC, FO & Refusal to build an Offense - Not Allen

15 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

This is a rebuild.

We won 9 games in year 1 of a rebuild.

It took a 41 yard PI call in the end zone and a Peterman pick 6 to keep us from going 3-3 and 2 road wins.   So we are an ugly 2-4, looking at 5 or 6 wins this year. 

The offensive talent is very poor, we have a rookie QB who is not ready for prime time.  Hang tough.

Nope. This is ineptitude. 

• Like (+1) 1

Stubborn loyalty to players and coaches who don't perform will be their demise, not the technical details on  any given Sunday.  

If you're truly a "process uber alles" guy, you're letting your WR and OL coaches go and you're cutting guys like Benjamin for his attitude and Peterman because of his play.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

B word B word B word...moan moan moan.

If we had fixed the offense and left the d alone, all this bitching and moaning would be about that. 

They have a plan/process. And they are sticking to it. From the beginning they said "we are getting a qb". After 1 year, they have their qb AND their defensive qb(Edmunds) AND made the playoffs. Year 2 has the Bills with one of the best defenses in the nfl. These guys are building something here. I trust and HOPE the offense has a similar turn around next year with the talent they aquire.

"Can't believe we traded Watkins!" his soft ass ain't worth what he got from KC. Darby?!? I'll take White anyday. And Dawkins and Milano. After the Ryan fiasco, I'll take the measured, planned approach these guys have right now and anticipate improvement in the offense next year. As for the OC, he's trying to make chicken salad out of...you know.

But hey, keep on bitching and moaning. Hopefully getting it of your chest here will save some wife or child from your tantrums.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dopey said:

If we had fixed the offense and left the d alone, all this bitching and moaning would be about that. 

They have a plan/process. And they are sticking to it. From the beginning they said "we are getting a qb". After 1 year, they have their qb AND their defensive qb(Edmunds) AND made the playoffs. Year 2 has the Bills with one of the best defenses in the nfl. These guys are building something here. I trust and HOPE the offense has a similar turn around next year with the talent they aquire.

"Can't believe we traded Watkins!" his soft ass ain't worth what he got from KC. Darby?!? I'll take White anyday. And Dawkins and Milano. After the Ryan fiasco, I'll take the measured, planned approach these guys have right now and anticipate improvement in the offense next year. As for the OC, he's trying to make chicken salad out of...you know.

But hey, keep on bitching and moaning. Hopefully getting it of your chest here will save some wife or child from your tantrums.

Ahhh cool a call put thread with exactly what he is calling out. Typical 

So what has McD done to justify ANY FAITH they will get the offense right?

45 minutes ago, nucci said:

How are they set up perfectly? There will be many teams with cap space to sign FAs...they tore the offense down too much to fix in one off-season

...agree.......starting to think McDermott has too much power and too much say..........thinks he should be GM,HC & Personnel Director like his idol Andy.......does McBeane report TO him?...

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Respectfully, Dopey they are:

2.5 yards per game away from being the worst offense in the NFL.

They have the fewest points in the League.

They have the second worse point differential, which is amazing when you consider they have the third best defense, and some of those points against came from your offense.

Trusting the Process is taking your lumps.

It is even "we are going to bad in spots and very bad in others".

It is not, however, "We are just plain going to be the worst offense in the entire League."  You or I could lead the worst offense in the NFL...it takes little or no experience to not be out ANY of your contemporaries.

There should have been forethought, but it was clouded by The Process.  You want to sign some WRs that ended up going other places for less money?  Have more than AJ MacCarron, Peterman, or a rookie who needs some time.  Bridgewater, although obviously not the best, did have some cache in the league.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh cool a call put thread with exactly what he is calling out. Typical 

So what has McD done to justify ANY FAITH they will get the offense right?

Not sure what the hell your 1st sentence means(maybe the Puerto Rican in me), but they did a helluva job fixing one side in a year, with their plan. 

We are not privy to their plans, so what makes you think they can't.

Beautiful Rome wasn't built...oh never mind. Keep on bitching.

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Not sure what the hell your 1st sentence means(maybe the Puerto Rican in me), but they did a helluva job fixing one side in a year, with their plan. 

I just think it's going to take more than one off-season to fix the offense....by then maybe the defense isn't as good....you can't tear down one side of the ball to nothing and hope to build it back up quickly

7 minutes ago, Dopey said:

wel lets see 

QB - They took Peterman and Allen Passing on Mahomes, Rosen, Watson. Decided on McCarron instead of Bridgewater. Their complete debacle handling the QB position. 

Jetisoned Sammy for attitude to trade for a lesser WR with bigger attitude problems. 

Traded Glenn and decided Bodine and Newhouse where good enough to replace Pro Bowlers 

let Woods walk and Signed Trash WRs for the same cost it would have been to keep Woods

there isnt ONE Offensive move they made that you can hang a hat in and say yeah OK they will get the offense right. 

Already have one failed OC

another OC that when he left that offense has a dynamic passing game

have a Career WR coach coaching QBs 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Respectfully, Dopey they are:

2.5 yards per game away from being the worst offense in the NFL.

They have the fewest points in the League.

They have the second worse point differential, which is amazing when you consider they have the third best defense, and some of those points against came from your offense.

Trusting the Process is taking your lumps.

It is even "we are going to bad in spots and very bad in others".

It is not, however, "We are just plain going to be the worst offense in the entire League."  You or I could lead the worst offense in the NFL...it takes little or no experience to not be out ANY of your contemporaries.

There should have been forethought, but it was clouded by The Process.  You want to sign some WRs that ended up going other places for less money?  Have more than AJ MacCarron, Peterman, or a rookie who needs some time.  Bridgewater, although obviously not the past, did have some cache in the league.

I hear ya, man. I am still sticking to their process. I will be bitching next year if it is this bad. This team is this close from being 3-3. That's 12-10 over 22 games, in a TOTAL REBUILD. Let that sink in. I would think with more talent next year, our offense will improve. With this defense and our kicker, we just needbto be average to good and PLAYOFFS.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh the Dead Money excuse. That THEY created. 

They are also set up perfectly to Kill this team for years by spending all that money on Crap Offensive Players (Clearly something they Know how to do)

So I agree that the dead cap of about $50M less to spend on talent relative to your opponents is a sizable disadvantage this year.  

Whether you like it or not, this is the rebuild plan - trade away big salaries for draft picks, find foundational players in the draft (Allen, Edmunds, White) to build your team  and absorb the dead cap this year.  McBeane even admitted to a reporter that he proposed this plan during the interview process. 

We are not a contender this year, but will will have better talent next year and should be better again in 2020.  I don't enjoy watching our team handcuffed by a lack of talent, but I accept that this is the right process.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Forward Progress said:

So I agree that the dead cap of about $50M less to spend on talent relative to your opponents is a sizable disadvantage this year.  

Whether you like it or not, this is the rebuild plan - trade away big salaries for draft picks, find foundational players in the draft (Allen, Edmunds, White) to build your team  and absorb the dead cap this year.  McBeane even admitted to a reporter that he proposed this plan during the interview process. 

We are not a contender this year, but will will have better talent next year and should be better again in 2020.  I don't enjoy watching our team handcuffed by a lack of talent, but I accept that this is the right process.  

See and I contended there is NO history to show they will have better talent. They have picked Offensive talent and it is suspect at best (being nice here). So how can ANYONE believe they have the smarts to Build a Modern Era NFL offense 

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I hear ya, man. I am still sticking to their process. I will be bitching next year if it is this bad. This team is this close from being 3-3. That's 12-10 over 22 games, in a TOTAL REBUILD. Let that sink in. I would think with more talent next year, our offense will improve. With this defense and our kicker, we just needbto be average to good and PLAYOFFS.

It is just scary how bad the personnel decisions have been on the offensive side of the ball though. I have no faith in Mcd/Beane to build a good offence.

Here are some of their main acquisitions on the offensive side:

Traded up to get Zay Jones in the 2nd round- Looks awful now

Traded a 3rd round pick for Benjamin- Goes without saying here

Hired Rico/Daboll- Daboll looks even worse than Rico

Allen- Too early to tell

3/4 big moves they have made have been an epic fail so far, and Allen is just to early to judge right or wrong yet but he certainly has to start playing better

Easier to pull the wool over people's eye and talk the future, then actually deliver in the present......  So 2020 is now the goal?  

We have played two teams struggling on Offense to score the past two games and looked good on D.  Heck Aaron Rodgers right now is looking off too.  

Tennessee got shutout yesterday and allowed 11 sacks!!!!

The litmus test for a bad Bills team will be Miami & NYJ (who should be considered equally bad teams).

1 hour ago, targetweight185 said:

If he doesn't get injured yesterday, JA is 3-1 as a starter. Let that sink in.

That's like giving the win to a starting pitcher who goes 5 innings, gives up 6 runs and his offense scores 7.  Sure it goes down as a "W" but he didn't win that game.    

2 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

That's like giving the win to a starting pitcher who goes 5 innings, gives up 6 runs and his offense scores 7.  Sure it goes down as a "W" but he didn't win that game.    

Tyrod went to the playoffs last year......Is he a playoff calibur QB?  THere are lots more to a story than a stat line......

The biggest mistake was waiting over a month to sign Anderson. 

A good HC/GM combo knows how to protect their team and themselves from ridicule. Sure, Anderson could have sucked in relief duty but it isn’t the same as standing pat with Peterman and then having yesterday happen. 

I was a big supporter of the culture change and I still want to believe in these two but the longer this goes on the harder it gets. They are doing a disservice to the fans and team by making some simple mistake. Their pride might end up being their own downfall. 

• Like (+1) 1

Allen shoulders his share of the blame.  He still needs work on pre-snap recognition, and needs to hang in the pocket longer.  All things that can improve with time.  I'm interested to see what Anderson does for his development. And puzzled to say the least as to why that wasn't done earlier, unless Anderson and guys like Moore just didn't want to sign earlier.