The blame lies squarely with the HC, FO & Refusal to build an Offense - Not Allen

Why the hate for Allen?  This staff & FO have done nothing to help Josh.  The playcalling and game plans are stuck in the 70's.  McDermott & McBeane have abandoned the offense and in their stupidity had Peterman as the starter and Allen's mentor.  Now they bring in another back-up with at least some experience, but little else.  

I watched yesterday and again Allen looked okay, but was playing against a stacked deck that this Bills organization is to blame for.  

BTW the two passes to KB were great along with that cross body to McCoy.  

Not much however one can do with coaches who refuse to acknowledge and have players or a system that wins games in today's NFL.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 6

Sure. It's not Allen's fault he's not very good. 

This regime looks pretty dumb for falling for the big, strong QB who all the analytics said wasn't a very good player. 

Hopefully he gets a lot better, but the early signs have not looked good. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 3

I prefer the Andy Reid approach myself. Not at all confident this team has the staff to build a high powered offense. I can’t understand how you go all in on a QB that everybody knows needs a year on the sidelines and then throw him out there with nothing. 

Defense is playing well and that’s all great and everything but all that emphasis should have been placed on building an offense first. I really like Josh Allen but I am afraid they are going to hurt his development by the choices they have made.

• Like (+1) 4

I blame it all on the idiots who destroyed this team for years and left this team in tatters. The Bills are doing a great job clearing out dead money. The goal is to win a Superbowl, not be a 9 win team every year.  They are set up perfectly to fix this team next year with a fortune in money available.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's not very good but it's not his fault the Bills traded up to get him and put all of their hopes and dreams on him when he's a project that needs a lot of work. They did the same thing with EJ. Raw talent, needs developing. Let's start him right away! Derp

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

I blame it all on the idiots who destroyed this team for years and left this team in tatters. The Bills are doing a great job clearing out dead money. The goal is to win a Superbowl, not be a 9 win team every year.  They are set up perfectly to fix this team next year with a fortune in money available.

Trust the process and blame everything on the last regime......  Always some who buy this thinking.  

I used to hope for 200 yards passing and and was pilloried for wanting 300 yards.

Some here are now okay with 150 and tired old excuses.

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

How are they set up perfectly? There will be many teams with cap space to sign FAs...they tore the offense down too much to fix in one off-season

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Why the hate for Allen?  This staff & FO have done nothing to help Josh.  The playcalling and game plans are stuck in the 70's.  McDermott & McBeane have abandoned the offense and in their stupidity had Peterman as the starter and Allen's mentor.  Now they bring in another back-up with at least some experience, but little else.  

I watched yesterday and again Allen looked okay, but was playing against a stacked deck that this Bills organization is to blame for.  

BTW the two passes to KB were great along with that cross body to McCoy.  

Not much however one can do with coaches who refuse to acknowledge and have players or a system that wins games in today's NFL.

A more offensively minded and astute coaching staff would have been able to prevent me from ever having to ask this question.

Why is Teddy Bridgewater not a Buffalo Bill?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

A more offensively minded and astute coaching staff would have been able to prevent me from ever having to ask this question.

Why is Teddy Bridgewater not a Buffalo Bill?

There was the perfect bridge/mentor......  But this coaching staff doesn't care about the offense......  I'd take Keapernick too......

BTW who wants to sign with Buffalo at market value the next few years?  The Bills will need to overpay to attract players and that too does not bode well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Meh.  Given the judgment on everything else involved with the offense, it's really hard to believe they got the right guy with Allen.

Seems pretty clear the plan is to replicate the Panthers, aka build the best defense possible and hope Allen is good enough by himself to overcome a complete lack of support all around him.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If he doesn't get injured yesterday, JA is 3-1 as a starter. Let that sink in.

The recipe right now is play conservative on offense while JA gets experience, use the QB run game, run the clock, and let a solid defense win you games. Next year, when we have the cap space and draft picks we improve the offense. JA will be in his second year and we will know better what he is.

Edited by targetweight185
  • Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Ahhh the Dead Money excuse. That THEY created. 

They are also set up perfectly to Kill this team for years by spending all that money on Crap Offensive Players (Clearly something they Know how to do)

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This is a rebuild.

We won 9 games in year 1 of a rebuild.

It took a 41 yard PI call in the end zone and a Peterman pick 6 to keep us from going 3-3 and 2 road wins.   So we are an ugly 2-4, looking at 5 or 6 wins this year. 

The offensive talent is very poor, we have a rookie QB who is not ready for prime time.  Hang tough.

2 minutes ago, targetweight185 said:

If he doesn't get injured yesterday, JA is 3-1 as a starter. Let that sink in.

The recipe right now is play conservative on offense while JA gets experience, use the QB run game, run the clock, and let a solid defense win you games. Next year, when we have the cap space and draft picks we improve the offense. JA will be in his second year and we will know better what he is.

Really??  So Bills were winning when he went out. I must have missed that

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

There was the perfect bridge/mentor......  But this coaching staff doesn't care about the offense......  I'd take Keapernick too......

BTW who wants to sign with Buffalo at market value the next few years?  The Bills will need to overpay to attract players and that too does not bode well.

They don't; I would, too; and you are absolutely right. 

F The Process when our coach and GM truly can't wrap their heads around anything close to being successful on offense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

This is a rebuild.

We won 9 games in year 1 of a rebuild.

It took a 41 yard PI call in the end zone and a Peterman pick 6 to keep us from going 3-3 and 2 road wins.   So we are an ugly 2-4, looking at 5 or 6 wins this year. 

The offensive talent is very poor, we have a rookie QB who is not ready for prime time.  Hang tough.

And a coaching staff and FO with major questions on if they know how to build a Modern Era Offense 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2