10-15: McDermott Monday Presser at 4 PM ET; Daboll and Frazier Follow at 4:30 - Josh Allen Week to Week; Ducasse & Murphy Day to Day

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

What exactly do you expect him to say?  "Yeah, your right, he sucks, and he never getting in a game again"  He is never going to say that, even if they do end up cutting him.  If Allen cannot play this week, Peterman will certainly be dressed, and may have to start, if Anderson is not yet ready.

^^^^^^This

It's not in McDermott's character to run a guy down like that.

And if he ends up stuck with him for the next game it makes no sense to do that either.

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

What exactly do you expect him to say?  "Yeah, your right, he sucks, and he never getting in a game again"  He is never going to say that, even if they do end up cutting him.  If Allen cannot play this week, Peterman will certainly be dressed, and may have to start, if Anderson is not yet ready.

I fully understand that. But his denial doesn’t stem from knowing Peterman sucks and not being able to say that publicly, which I agree with, btw. It stems from the triggered defense mechanism associated with knowing just how badly they’ve screwed the pooch on the QB situation and it being too late to do anything about it. It’s a natural psychological phenomenon. I’m simply pointing that out.

If he is forced to start Peterman, it will be an act of cruelty. 

• Like (+1) 1

#Bills OC Brian Daboll says he’s seen improvement from Josh Allen despite what the numbers suggest. #Bills

#Bills OC Brian Daboll on Derek Anderson learning the offense: He's picking it up. He's upstairs right now. He's upstairs all the time. He's grinding it out.

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

#Bills OC Brian Daboll says he’s seen improvement from Josh Allen despite what the numbers suggest. #Bills

#Bills OC Brian Daboll on Derek Anderson learning the offense: He's picking it up. He's upstairs right now. He's upstairs all the time. He's grinding it out.

He may be upstairs all the time but Nate lives in the attic. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I dont get people wanting more than what they hear. If they cut Pete next week I wouldnt expect them to say any ill about him

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I don't think Peterman will get into another NFL game, ever, unless it is truly a catastrophic situation.  If Allen isn't able to go Anderson will have a scaled down playbook and be asked to manage the game.

Peterman is on this roster only until Allen is cleared to play.  Nothing else even remotely makes sense.

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

If Peterman starts Against Indy I won’t be wasting my Sunday watching the Bills. First time since I’ve been a child since I missed a game but can’t sit and watch this team just fall apart on offense. 

Easy to say on Monday. You know you'll watch.

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Mind boggling how this guy can look people in the eye and say he has confidence in Peterman. Also mind boggling how he is still even on the team.

What do you expect him to say publicly, that he and Brandon are meeting tonight to discuss Nate's future with the team? 

8 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Read between the lines....

"We knew this year was going to be tougher than last year. We have a plan that we cannot say publicly. We will obviously rid ourselves of Peterman and Benjamin after the season. We are likely to trade 1 or 2 key pieces for personnel or draft picks (not sure when). Through FA and especially the draft we will address the WR and OL situations. Additionally, we'll add a top flight CB and DT. We are not thrilled with Dabol so far, but we understand he's working with some limited, and some inexperienced talent. We plan to fix that. There is no way we will fire Dabol, can you imagine how bad that would make us look? As long as we don't lose our fans or our jobs, we're secretly OK with losing these games. Higher draft picks means higher talent level moving forward. We've told the Pegula's our plan and they are on board. Next year is the year of the Bills. Just got to get through this year." 

This is not reading between the lines.  This is an opinion, a bad one. 

I have to say, if it wasn't for this ongoing mess of a QB situation I'd be 100% on board with McD. He just comes across as a competent football coach and leader. He seems to be building the team the right way (though the execution with certain signings and draft picks, *cough* Allen *cough* Star, has been a little suspect), laying a foundation instead of just collecting talent.

I really hope he's able to overcome his QB blind spot, because once that happens he'll be one of the top coaches in the NFL. He already is in most other areas.   

Edited by VW82

7 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

What do you expect him to say publicly, that he and Brandon are meeting tonight to discuss Nate's future with the team? 

No, I don’t expect him to publicly bash a player but he put himself in this situation. 

16 minutes ago, wppete said:

If Peterman starts Against Indy I won’t be wasting my Sunday watching the Bills. First time since I’ve been a child since I missed a game but can’t sit and watch this team just fall apart on offense. 

Good for you!!!  Now that takes guts. 

39 minutes ago, K-9 said:

McDermott is in denial. Not a desirable trait in a head coach. 

A coach who can’t admit to mistakes...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Because there’s nothing in between bashing a player publicly and saying you have full confidence in a player that obviously sucks?

How old are you?  Myself, I would lose respect for McD as a leader if he did something so pointlessly mean to a player.  It's not how to handle personnel mgmt.  

McD has no obligation to tell us anything; or Indy for that matter.