Sign in to follow this  
26CornerBlitz

10-15: McDermott Monday Presser at 4 PM ET; Daboll and Frazier Follow at 4:30 - Josh Allen Week to Week; Ducasse & Murphy Day to Day

The coaches will recap yesterday's game against the Texans.  I anticipate we'll get some news on Allen's elbow as well as the knee injury that Ducasse sustained. We'll see what they have to say about the upcoming opponents for week 7.

Buffalo Bills Video Live

The OP will be updated with live presser links as they become available. 

Quick Hits: Allen week to week with elbow injury

t6qojwh6f8ujpvdufmzh.jpg

It was an elbow injury that kept Josh Allen from finishing Sunday’s game against the Texans. On Monday, head coach Sean McDermott provided an update on Allen’s condition.

“Josh Allen will be week to week,” said McDermott. “At this point I’ll leave it up to the docs. It’s a week to week situation.”

When asked if Allen is a long shot to play on Sunday, Buffalo’s head coach said he’s leaving all options on the table including his rookie signal caller.

Anderson working to get up to speed
The other option in the event that Josh Allen can’t play Sunday at Indianapolis is newly acquired QB Derek Anderson. Despite being a 13-year veteran, there is a learning curve he still must travel having only been with the club for six days.

“I think the newness, whether it’s the offense to some extent, the players he’d be working with,” said McDermott. “It’s just the familiarity and the trust you build over the course of reps. So that’s the challenge.”
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

"We've cut Nate Peterman. Josh will be fine. MRI is negative. Think of what happened yesterday as a bad hit to your funny bone. He's going to be back next week in Indy. We're looking for a 3rd QB."

=

Music to my friggin ears!!!!

Please please please please!!! 

• Like 1

Peterman won’t be released, he’ll be demoted to third 

Come one reporters Put PRESSURE on them for this Putrid Offense 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

"We've cut Nate Peterman. Josh will be fine. MRI is negative. Think of what happened yesterday as a bad hit to your funny bone. He's going to be back next week in Indy. We're looking for a 3rd QB."

=

Music to my friggin ears!!!!

Please please please please!!! 

We don’t need a scrub 3rd QB to be inactive every week.

• Thanks 1

Read between the lines....

"We knew this year was going to be tougher than last year. We have a plan that we cannot say publicly. We will obviously rid ourselves of Peterman and Benjamin after the season. We are likely to trade 1 or 2 key pieces for personnel or draft picks (not sure when). Through FA and especially the draft we will address the WR and OL situations. Additionally, we'll add a top flight CB and DT. We are not thrilled with Dabol so far, but we understand he's working with some limited, and some inexperienced talent. We plan to fix that. There is no way we will fire Dabol, can you imagine how bad that would make us look? As long as we don't lose our fans or our jobs, we're secretly OK with losing these games. Higher draft picks means higher talent level moving forward. We've told the Pegula's our plan and they are on board. Next year is the year of the Bills. Just got to get through this year." 

• Like 1

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Has he ever been on time for one of these things?

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peterman is still an option?  :sick:

• Haha 1

Just now, GG said:

Peterman is still an option?  :sick:

It'll probably depend on two things how far Allen comes along recovering and how quick Anderson picks up the offense.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

McDermott is in denial. Not a desirable trait in a head coach. 

• Like 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Swimming upstream against the current. :unsure:

Mind boggling how this guy can look people in the eye and say he has confidence in Peterman. Also mind boggling how he is still even on the team.

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

What exactly do you expect him to say?  "Yeah, your right, he sucks, and he never getting in a game again"  He is never going to say that, even if they do end up cutting him.  If Allen cannot play this week, Peterman will certainly be dressed, and may have to start, if Anderson is not yet ready.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

What exactly do you expect him to say?  "Yeah, your right, he sucks, and he never getting in a game again"  He is never going to say that, even if they do end up cutting him.  If Allen cannot play this week, Peterman will certainly be dressed, and may have to start, if Anderson is not yet ready.

^^^^^^This

It's not in McDermott's character to run a guy down like that.

And if he ends up stuck with him for the next game it makes no sense to do that either.

1 minute ago, FLFan said:

I fully understand that. But his denial doesn’t stem from knowing Peterman sucks and not being able to say that publicly, which I agree with, btw. It stems from the triggered defense mechanism associated with knowing just how badly they’ve screwed the pooch on the QB situation and it being too late to do anything about it. It’s a natural psychological phenomenon. I’m simply pointing that out.

If he is forced to start Peterman, it will be an act of cruelty. 

• Like 1

I’d rather run wildcat all game then trot Peterman out there.   I like McDermott but this whole QB2 recurring nightmare is a bit much.