Joe B: Zay Jones is the Bills #1 WR at this point

YoloinOhio

10 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

I was at the game yesterday and I saw Zay Jones get Benjamin lined up correctly more than a couple of times.

It's true, as sad as it sounds...Zay probably is our number 1.

were any of those illegal formation penalties a result of Benjamin not lining up properly?

I know Dawkins got called for one but I assumed that was because one of the WRs or TEs uncovered him and he ended up being an extra receiver as the refs saw it.

1 minute ago, entropyrules said:

were any of those illegal formation penalties a result of Benjamin not lining up properly?

I know Dawkins got called for one but I assumed that was because one of the WRs or TEs uncovered him and he ended up being an extra receiver as the refs saw it.

No. Dawkins was one and Croom was the other I believe 

He was actually open multiple times yesterday on outs, a couple of slants, and at least one post I saw. He is getting better whether people want to admit it or not. Our #1? Probably. Still nothing more than a 3 or a 4 anywhere else. I see him developing into a Robert Woods type of player if he keeps progressing. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

yes but is that penalty actually on Dawkins in terms of he lined up incorrectly or on someone else because they put him in a formation illegally-I guess I am not articulating my Q very well..I had to listen to the game on radio as we never get the game up here in the woods of Maine so I don't get a visual of what is going on.

1 minute ago, entropyrules said:

yes but is that penalty actually on Dawkins in terms of he lined up incorrectly or on someone else because they put him in a formation illegally-I guess I am not articulating my Q very well..I had to listen to the game on radio as we never get the game up here in the woods of Maine so I don't get a visual of what is going on.

I wasn’t watching closely enough either, sorry

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

He was actually open multiple times yesterday on outs, a couple of slants, and at least one post I saw. He is getting better whether people want to admit it or not. Our #1? Probably. Still nothing more than a 3 or a 4 anywhere else. I see him developing into a Robert Woods type of player if he keeps progressing. 

Agree. But, still encouraged that he’s actually making progress. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Agree. But, still encouraged that he’s actually making progress. 

Yes, definitely encouraged by his progress out there. He's also not dropping the ball at the clip he did last year either. He can definitely end up being a solid #2 guy for us at the least if he keeps this up. He's getting open. 

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

DiMarco was definitely called for one as well, though I think it was because of the way someone else was lined up in that case. 

Edited by DCOrange

17 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

DiMarco was definitely called for one as well, though I think it was because of the way someone else was lined up in that case. 

You’re right I think it was dimarco and Dawkins. Croom had a penalty but it might have been something else.

NAME REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G YAC 1DN
Zay Jones 16 29 199 12.4 1 57 1 33.2 18 9
Kelvin Benjamin 10 32 146 14.6 1 39 2 24.3 14 6
Charles Clay 13 20 119 9.2 0 21 1 19.8 46 8
Chris Ivory 5 7 104 20.8 0 55 2 17.3 105 4
LeSean McCoy 13 21 85 6.5 0 22 1 17 104 2
Jason Croom 8 11 73 9.1 1 26 1 12.2 36 3
Andre Holmes 7 16 71 10.1 0 22 2 11.8 25 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TonyBeets said:

I was at the game yesterday and I saw Zay Jones get Benjamin lined up correctly more than a couple of times.

It's true, as sad as it sounds...Zay probably is our number 1.

The blind leading the blind....awesome.