Hopkins against White: 2 catches 23 yards...

Big Turk

1 minute ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

I expect Buffalo to take at least 2 WR's within the first 4 rounds in next year's draft. I also expect them to take o-linemen early in next year's draft. I also expect them to take a RB in next year's draft. If we draft a defensive player at all, I'll throw my TV out the window.

I hope they don't do all that, we are going to need WRs who can step in right away and play, i'm hoping for a free agent WR and one drafted high.   Along with a couple of decent olinemen in free agency as well.   

We have 10 draft picks, i would package the later ones and move up in the draft, we don't need 10 rookies, we need 3-4 capable of starting.    Pretty tall order for any draft but I think it can be done.   

But all that cap space needs to be put to good use.   

2 hours ago, WideRightRevenge said:

Totally agree .. .the TD catch by Hopkins was ridiculous as Tre was all over him .. very few if any other WR's pull down that ball ... totally makes you forget about Gilmore

Regardless of how nice everyone wants to make throw......He gave up a TD.....I love White, just hate when someone gets beat and everyone tries to make it as the best throw ever......he had penalties! He had a good game.

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Because they think Dontae Johnson who they just caliked off waivers was better. And they are likely right...dude staryed for SF for 2 years ans was slated to be the starter dor Seattle before going on IR with a groin injury.

But is Philip Gaines or Lafayette Pitts?

2 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Nothing against Green but Hopkins is a much better WR IMO. If you have his stats with the QB's he's had with the amount of QB's he's had, that shows me he can succeed anywhere. 

People always talk about AB, OBJ, Julio as the best, but Hopkins IMO is the 2nd best WR in the NFL behind AB. Would love to see the other WRs produce with the QB's Hopkins has had. 

Man, AJ Green is so underrated year after year after year. He’s absolutely one of the best WRs in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mattynh said:

White also had three holding penalties on Hopkins.....have to consider that.  But you want/need to be agressive against the great players.

On very questionable calls. Refs were trying to do everything in their power to give that matchup to Hopkins. Credit to White for staying aggressive and not letting it get to him. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

But is Philip Gaines or Lafayette Pitts?

Apparently they think Gaines must be...

Pitts is a special teams player.

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

watch football closely and you will see a lot of "holding" / grabbing of jerseys the refs miss. (or ignore) 

Yeah at least one of those were extremely questionable as noted by James Lofton in game...

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transient said:

On very questionable calls. Refs were trying to do everything in their power to give that matchup to Hopkins. Credit to White for staying aggressive and not letting it get to him. 

One was questionable.  But if the Bills had Hopkins and the opposing DB had 3 holding penalties these boards would be talking about all the mugging that was not called.  

White is awesome, he should be in the pro bowl this year for sure.

13 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I think Tre's toughest competition is AJ Green, always seems to get the better of Tre at least a few times a game

Julio (when healthy) likely would too if they played more often. Would guess Antonio might be up there as well as a few others for right now. Kids only getting better though, and that's remarkable given where he is at currently.

2 for 23 yards is not the whole story as other posts in this thread have already alluded to.  Had Hopkins lined up across from White the whole game, he would have had more catches and more yards.  Still, White did a terrific job.  I certainly wouldn't complain about his coverage skills.

21 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

2 for 23 yards is not the whole story as other posts in this thread have already alluded to.  Had Hopkins lined up across from White the whole game, he would have had more catches and more yards.  Still, White did a terrific job.  I certainly wouldn't complain about his coverage skills.

Maybe.  But there was a reason he wasn't lined-up against White for a lot of plays.

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

White also had three holding penalties on Hopkins.....have to consider that.  But you want/need to be agressive against the great players.

Who got the W?

all that matters

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Maybe.  But there was a reason he wasn't lined-up against White for a lot of plays.

White alluded to them trying to get Hopkins away from him by lining him up in the backfield and saying "You know how its going for him when they start doing that"

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mattynh said:

The seeemd to have a close eye on Tre yesterday. One of those penalties easily could have been OPI, and they even tried to call him for interference on a run play! Sure, it was a draw, but they’ve got an eye on him for sure. He can be a bit “handsy”, ask Gronk. Love the guy! 

what a great matchup to watch. Two top notch players playing hard ball.

Hopkins TD catch was amazing.

White is so much fun to watch closely.

If i was a jersey wearing type ? It would be 27

Great defense by Bills yesterday and shutting down Hopkins was part of the reason

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

All pro, maybe. Pro Bowl ? You need to be on a winning team and have a bunch of INTs for that. 

Yeah just ask Marcus Peters who gets torched multiple times a game while looking into the backfield but makea the pro bowl because they look at his interceptions and ignore him getting torched.