Hopkins against White: 2 catches 23 yards...

Big Turk

Tre White once again pretty much erased the opposition's best receiver...yeah Hopkins caught a TD on a perfect throw to Hopkins with White in tremendous coverage but that was about it...

White claimed Hopkins was crying the whole time and that the Texans started lining him up in the backfield to get him away from him in coverage and "you know how well its going for him when they start doing that".

White said "he is a good receiver but I feel I'm better." Love this dude's confidence and true shut down ability...

White might legit be the best CB in football now. Do not underestimate just how much the rest of the D benefits from him being able to erase the other teams best receiver giving them the ability to mix things up quite a bit in coverage and blitzing...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dadonkadonk said:

Two stars battling.  He played well.  Had a couple penalties but overall played well.  He should make the ProBowl

He should make first team All Pro...but he probably won't.

I think best in football right now is a stretch but he is top 10 and to be that halfway though his 2nd year is a hell of an achievement. He is playing great football. Taron Johnson was really good again yesterday. Would like to hear McDermott's explanation for Lewis being inactive..... I think we got below average play out of Gaines at the other outside spot.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:
PLAYER REC YDS AVG TD LONG TGTS
DeAndre Hopkins 5 63 12.6 1 24 6

the stats I looked at didn't show who the defender was on coverage for the other 2.

Tre tweeted that he(Hopkins) only had two completions while covering him so the other 3 accounted for 40 yards of his total.

50 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:
PLAYER REC YDS AVG TD LONG TGTS
DeAndre Hopkins 5 63 12.6 1 24 6

the stats I looked at didn't show who the defender was on coverage for the other 2.

Tre was only on him man to man for 2 of those catches. The rest the Bills were either playing zone or someone else had him.

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think best in football right now is a stretch but he is top 10 and to be that halfway though his 2nd year is a hell of an achievement. He is playing great football. Taron Johnson was really good again yesterday. Would like to hear McDermott's explanation for Lewis being inactive..... I think we got below average play out of Gaines at the other outside spot.

Because they think Dontae Johnson who they just caliked off waivers was better. And they are likely right...dude staryed for SF for 2 years ans was slated to be the starter dor Seattle before going on IR with a groin injury.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree with everything said. With regard to Lewis, even if they like D. Johnson as the eventual starter opposite White, Lewis has shown more in my eyes than Gaines and should be active on Sundays. 

8 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

I think Tre's toughest competition is AJ Green, always seems to get the better of Tre at least a few times a game

Nothing against Green but Hopkins is a much better WR IMO. If you have his stats with the QB's he's had with the amount of QB's he's had, that shows me he can succeed anywhere. 

People always talk about AB, OBJ, Julio as the best, but Hopkins IMO is the 2nd best WR in the NFL behind AB. Would love to see the other WRs produce with the QB's Hopkins has had. 

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

2 minutes ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

Nothing against Green but Hopkins is a much better WR IMO. If you have his stats with the QB's he's had with the amount of QB's he's had, that shows me he can succeed anywhere. 

People always talk about AB, OBJ, Julio as the best, but Hopkins IMO is the 2nd best WR in the NFL behind AB. Would love to see the other WRs produce with the QB's Hopkins has had. 

I'd take either one of them and do cartwheels down the street if I could.   Hopkins and Green are top 5.    I don't think we have a WR in the top 32

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

I'd take either one of them and do cartwheels down the street if I could.   Hopkins and Green are top 5.    I don't think we have a WR in the top 32

I expect Buffalo to take at least 2 WR's within the first 4 rounds in next year's draft. I also expect them to take o-linemen early in next year's draft. I also expect them to take a RB in next year's draft. If we draft a defensive player at all, I'll throw my TV out the window.

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Tre tweeted that he(Hopkins) only had two completions while covering him so the other 3 accounted for 40 yards of his total.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Tre was only on him man to man for 2 of those catches. The rest the Bills were either playing zone or someone else had him.

Because they think Dontae Johnson who they just caliked off waivers was better. And they are likely right...dude staryed for SF for 2 years ans was slated to be the starter dor Seattle before going on IR with a groin injury.

My bad, I thought I read 3.