Who should be cut 1st?

qwksilver

Who needs to be cut 1st  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Who should be cut first?

I would cut Peterman and bring in Landry Jones to take his place as 3rd string.  I would bring back Brandon Reilly and relegate Benjamin to 3rd string or bench warmer.  We can cut Ray Ray to make room for Reilly.  Ray Ray is not just small, he has small hands too, which is a problem in the NFL.  We knew that Bojorquez was raw when we signed him, just like Allen, so we still need to work with him before we throw the towel in.  I would also be looking for a new WR coach.  Why is it that our WRs just trot or jog their routes instead of running them fast?  

Harry in 2019   Go Bills

Peterman has proven himself to NOT be a NFL QB so he should be first to go & KB should sit the bench to send a message & they need to bring back Reilly that guy was all effort !! 

Oh & letting O'leary walk was a mistake too first game with the Fins TOUCHDOWN O'leary !!

When you have 50 million in dead cap money you don’t cut anyone?only thing I wonder about is coach Mcdermott keeps preaching accountability and keeps saying week in and week out the penalties are unacceptable,but yet each week they keep happening.I’d bench one of the repeat offenders on the o-line...

I think that is why coaches like Parcells and Belicheck were/are succesfull.They cut players all the time for repeat penalties or to get rid of things they couldn’t accept...Otherwise I love our coach and know full well Rome wasn’t built in a day..GO BILLS!!

Benjamin because his attitude sucks, always has sucked, and will continue to suck.  He has a loser mentality - despite given inordinate opportunities to succeed in Carolina and Buffalo, he decides not to take advantage of them and that I cannot abide.  

Peterman is terrible but he's trying and that's the lesser of the two offenses.  

16 minutes ago, kevnallen said:

IMHO, a player should be cut AFTER a better replacement is found. Right now, KB isn't our worst WR (at least that is what the coaches think) and Peterman shouldn't be cut until Derek Anderson is up to speed.

Agreed

5 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

I’m not buying these convenient excuses for McD/Beane 

Hey man,I'm not trying to do that ....just stating a fact.I'm in your corner when it comes to both McD and the Beane Counter...their mistakes have been obvious to the average fan...but they will be gifted 2019,bank on it.

• Like (+1) 1

At this point, I'd be shocked if management kept Peterman on the roster past Sunday. They have to let this guy go. He's become toxic, and a national punchline, for his insane 13.3 INTs to passes. He throws interceptions in his sleep.

Hate to see anyone's career disappear in flames, but there's no way this team can ever trot Peterman on the field again from a PR perspective. If Allen isn't ready to go, could you imagine the collective WTF we'd all give if Peterman lines up behind center against Indi?

It also makes no sense to keep him, strategically. You keep three types of quarterbacks on your roster IMO:

1. Future/current franchise players, like Kelly and Allen.
  2. Stopgaps, like Bledsoe, Flutie, Taylor and Fitzpatrick--guys good enough to win more games than lose, with the right offense, but who will never bring you far into the playoffs.
  3. Oldish veterans like Derek Anderson and Kyle Orton who lack franchise talent but truly know the game.

Peterman fits nowhere in this model. He's not the future, he can't win games now, and he actually loses games that were his to win.