Despairing Fans

Buffalo716

36 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

Maybe 20+ years of the franchise being a joke/losers can have this affect on a fan base?  Just maybe?

No denying that at all.  I guess I'm just way past getting upset anymore.  Definitely into the seriously jaded phase at this point. Probably related to my complete lack of tolerance for whiners now.

5 minutes ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

No denying that at all.  I guess I'm just way past getting upset anymore.  Definitely into the seriously jaded phase at this point. Probably related to my complete lack of tolerance for whiners now.

tbh, I think when ppl stop whining, they stop caring.  I'm wondering what is worse, a bunch of whiners or a fan base that stops caring about the franchise.  It's certainly easier of you don't care.

Followed this team from it's inception. Call me a troll if you wish but I've come to the point of not really caring much. If they win fine, if they lose they lose. They are way down my priorities of caring at this point. I watch football to watch football at this point. One undeniable fact is their a bad team and frankly were last year but combination of the stars aligning and other bad teams backed into playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

Except that you are upset.  You may no longer get "upset anymore" by the crappy teams that the Bills continue to put on the field year after year, but you obviously get "upset" with posters who still care enough about the team to complain about it.  Why is that?  My guess is that you're a "my way or the highway" kind of guy just like McDermott: because you're good with the Bills playing crappy, everybody else should be okay with it, too -- or they should just "shut up".

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I don’t think any of the regulars here are fair weathered

just the ones who pop up after loses only 

I get heat of the moment and hot takes with emotional override engaged--and everyone has the chance to say their piece, vent, whatever. I try to stay off the boards for at least a couple hours after an L like this because I know that's what I'm going to see overwhelmingly. But overall I think the vast majority of the posters I see on here (granted I'm still relatively new here, but have been a lifetime fan) try to go the extra mile in backing up their opinions with some sort of factual references, even if misplaced at times. I'd say by and large most lifer Bills fans have to have some optimism about the future, otherwise, what's the point of staying on the wagon as a Bills fan to begin with?  If you're not a deeply invested fan, then just go away without over the top comments and leave the rest of us to our collective misery if that's what you think will be all we ever get down the road. I've seen enough FO and HC dysfunction since the '99 season started us down that road, to know when it's culturally endemic versus by circumstance, and this still does not have the feel to me of previous regimes' fundamental root rot that could never grow a healthy tree. Everyone can see that our D has answered the call since the Charger game and improved radically over a short stretch--where are the posters that railed on McBeane saying they couldn't even get that side of the ball going? I'm going to watch this play out the rest of the year with some optimism because they've earned at least that.   

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I can’t believe how many trolling fans show up after an L...

This was always gonna Be an up and down year... super young LBr Corp, rookie QB, pathetic WR Corp 

I don’t believe in tanking but there were people here who were adamant about tanking, then when we lose it’s the end of the world 

it’s impossible to evaluate Josh with this offense.. IMPOSSIBLE 

I watched Jared Goff stink stink stink it up His rookie year... he had no weapons and no line... people were calling him a bust... they surrounded him with talent and he played at a pro bowl level last year 

this is a team Game and we are lacking on the offensive side... Sign 2 WRs in FA , draft one , and sign and draft lineman 

keep him upright, get some receivers who could catch a cold and stop calling him a bust after 6 weeks

He was the least ready rookie, that doesn’t mean he will never become ready

Baptism by fire can be ugly at times, but making it through it is invaluable to progression . 

Im way more worried about leading the league in illegal formations lol

Great post, 716.

This is a QB who we were told would take "significant development", is from a small school, and was overtly raw.

So it's pretty bafflimg that people are giving up on him. It's not like he walked into a Dak Prescott situation. The Goff comparison is very fair imo, though I'm not sure next year Josh will be there just yet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shotgunner said:

Great post, 716.

This is a QB who we were told would take "significant development", is from a small school, and was overtly raw.

So it's pretty bafflimg that people are giving up on him. It's not like he walked into a Dak Prescott situation. The Goff comparison is very fair imo, though I'm not sure next year Josh will be there just yet.

then why is he starting?

...I'll say this again. I don't blame JA, but he should not be starting. the FO is many fans scratching their head. they went into the 2018 season with NP as starter, and JA - who needs significant development. that speaks volumes. then they proceed to benched NP after 30 minutes of play, game 1. come on...you don't see that often.

12 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Going to Bills games, like I did in the late 60's with my father felt like you were going to a gulag. 

Couldn't park near War Memorial, walked in large numbers there from the neighborhoods far away to feel safe. Yeah, it was that bad.

Did so until 1973 when the new stadium came along. It became much better. Dad stopped going soon, but we kept until into the 90's.

I watch every week, but if I comment on here suddenly I'm a troll....as ordained by trolls, I'm sure.

we had a parking spot right on jefferson ave that was pretty secure

13 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Do you see the people who sign up just to roast the team and players? I’d say they are fair weathered or trolls

trolling fans may be more appropriate 

I've seen like two people I would consider trolls.

The overwhelming majority of negatively comes from the same place as the rosy optimism; passion.

Things are not good right now. There is a historic lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball and the QB we drafted looks like he may not be the answer. For every Goff, there's 10 guys who look bad and end up with short careers.

I'm 37 years old. I don't know if the eternal optimists are younger than me and naive or older than me and have just come to a place where failure is acceptable.

I do know that I'm tired of every negative take getting labeled as "trolling."

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The overwhelming majority of negatively comes from the same passionate place as the rosy optimism; passion.

Things are not good right now. There is a historic lack of talent on the offensive side of the ball and the QB we drafted looks like he may not be the answer. For every Goff, there's 10 guys who look bad and end up with short careers.

I'm 37 years old. I don't know if the eternal optimists are younger than me and naive or older than me and have just come to a place where failure is acceptable.

I agree. Good post. 

Its members that can’t have a normal discussion who are throwing out the troll insult. 

They really can’t fathom someone else having a different opinion. 

When the troll card is played, I immediately lose all respect for that offending member. 

It really comes down to lack of self control and simple reasoning. 

Edited by COTC
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

it’s impossible to evaluate Josh with this offense.. IMPOSSIBLE 

LMFAO.. Its not impossible.. Its very possible. Allen has to get better quickly its blatantly obvious

These kind of losses are tough to absorb.  Since McDermott is going to continue to play small ball and try to keep score low, limit Josh Allen's responsibilities its tougher to swallow when it doesn't work out.  They had this game and bad play calling/game mgmt gave it away.  The way the defense was playing I dont see how Houston drives the length of the field  They got two scores from a blocked punt and a muffed punt almost in the red zone and a fg off a throw it up lob for pass int.  How you have Peterman throw a late soft out I just dont know.  Does Daboll know what he is doing?  What are you trying to achieve with that play 5 yards?

This is why I was complaining last week.  I want to see Allen not being coached to worry about every mistake and trust what he sees and fire it out there  Only way he is going to learn.  You learn nothing from being coached to play safe/scared

7 hours ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

I've, once again, written and deleted a good, honest response to the whiners on this board.  Deleted because I don't want to hurt your little feelings any more than they so obviously are already.  The OP and other like-minded here have it totally right.  The whiners will always justify their bitching as being "skeptical" and the rest of us are homers or cheerleaders.  Whatever.  We know who needs a diaper changed here and who doesn't.  It really makes me sad to be a Bills fan when I read some of the bitching and moaning on this board.  I honestly cannot understand what you all get from constantly chiming in every chance you get to snuff out anyone's positivity.  Like you fulfill some deep need to ensure the rest of us and our positive thinking are always in check by your unique wisdom.  Oh how our lives would be so incomplete with you all.  How can we ever thank you enough?

I'll have to cut myself off again now before I go too far. 

Haters gonna hate.  It's what they do. Misery loves company I reckon.

29 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

They got two scores from a blocked punt and a muffed punt almost in the red zone

bills special teams are the other problem.  Lots of bad mistakes this year; punter and houshka aside.

42 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

LMFAO.. Its not impossible.. Its very possible. Allen has to get better quickly its blatantly obvious

Goff looked lost his rookie year with no one or weapons... people said he was a bust 

you couldn’t properly evaluate him either...Allen shouldn’t even be playing... he should be sitting behind Mccarron who they traded like idiots

54 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

The overwhelming majority of negatively comes from the same place as the rosy optimism; passion.

I will tell you what...

when we win, it’s usually pretty good around here, usually... some whiners

when we lose we get a whole host of people here who only show up when we lose to complain... they never are here when we win

there is something wrong with that, doenst sound like fans.. that’s why I say there is influxes of trolls