Despairing Fans

Buffalo716

50 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Do you see the people who sign up just to roast the team and players? I’d say they are fair weathered or trolls

trolling fans may be more appropriate 

Well, and I say this being basically the zebra here, I don't think "trolling fans" is right, either.  Trolls are usually those who express a viewpoint they know is controversial to draw people in and incite.  Often they don't really share that viewpoint.  I think the negative folks who show up yelling for everyone's heads fully believe what they say.

What I think is we as fans suffer from the results of really, 22 years of dysfunction and futility in our franchise.  Maybe longer - maybe since Polian got the axe in 1992.  Time and time again, we as fans see the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel", and time after time it turns out to be the headlights of the oncoming 9:05 freight, running us over. 

"Despairing fans" or "desperate fans bilked of hope once again" might be the more accurate descriptive.

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Do you come here just to bash the Bills?

thats different than commenting.. and lots of us grew up at the rock pile and with the Bills a huge part of their lives

I support the Bills. Having displeasure is one thing... coming here and ONLY COMPLAINING is a troll

I said nothing about the Bills in this quote that you're trying to use to twist to make appear as trolling

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
When a mod edits your post, do not put the removed stuff back

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

Excuses, excuses, excuses.   The reason that the Bills "are lacking on the offensive side" is because the HC is clueless about evaluating offensive talent -- both of players and of coaches.

What did you expect allen to look like at this point? Be realistic. He was going to struggle. He has the least talent around him. We’re in a huge dead money hole this year. Everyone knew it coming in. But there are still posters who are just shocked(!) by all of this. 

The only reason the Bills Offense is 32nd in the NFL is because there are not 33 teams, and my

Grandmother knows better than having Peterman in the NFL.

Call us trolling, but if you want to make excuses for what is going on, the op is worse than trolling.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

What did you expect allen to look like at this point? Be realistic. He was going to struggle. He has the least talent around him. We’re in a huge dead money hole this year. Everyone knew it coming in. But there are still posters who are just shocked(!) by all of this. 

I'm not shocked.  I'm angry that McDermott and Beane spent so much on a first round QB and then set him up to fail by doing just about everything they could possibly do to insure he fails.   If you go out and buy a brand new shiny Mustang, are you going to park it out on a narrow side street or are you going to protect your investment by renting a garage?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

I can’t believe how many trolling fans show up after an L...

This was always gonna Be an up and down year... super young LBr Corp, rookie QB, pathetic WR Corp 

I don’t believe in tanking but there were people here who were adamant about tanking, then when we lose it’s the end of the world 

it’s impossible to evaluate Josh with this offense.. IMPOSSIBLE 

I watched Jared Goff stink stink stink it up His rookie year... he had no weapons and no line... people were calling him a bust... they surrounded him with talent and he played at a pro bowl level last year 

this is a team Game and we are lacking on the offensive side... Sign 2 WRs in FA , draft one , and sign and draft lineman 

keep him upright, get some receivers who could catch a cold and stop calling him a bust after 6 weeks

He was the least ready rookie, that doesn’t mean he will never become ready

Baptism by fire can be ugly at times, but making it through it is invaluable to progression . 

Im way more worried about leading the league in illegal formations lol

Preach!

You should see my thread on the rules committee for illegal formation :)

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

This was always gonna Be an up and down year... super young LBr Corp, rookie QB, pathetic WR Corp 

I don’t believe in tanking but there were people here who were adamant about tanking, then when we lose it’s the end of the world 

I watched Jared Goff stink stink stink it up His rookie year... he had no weapons and no line... people were calling him a bust... they surrounded him with talent and he played at a pro bowl level last year 

this is a team Game and we are lacking on the offensive side... Sign 2 WRs in FA , draft one , and sign and draft lineman 

keep him upright, get some receivers who could catch a cold and stop calling him a bust after 6 weeks

Baptism by fire can be ugly at times, but making it through it is invaluable to progression . 

Just accept we are going to have 5 or 6 wins this year and its for the best. There are quite a few unexpectedly bad teams this year and its important we keep pace with them in the L column so we don't end up outside the top 10...

The offense is brutal.  They also have way too many unacceptable pre-snap penalties. False starts.  Illegal formations(didn't they teach players the rules for lining up the first day in minicamp)?? Offsides on kickoffs when you literally cannot move until the ball is kicked now...how is that even possible??  Those are what drives you crazy as a fan...I can accept they have no playmakers other than Shady on offense...I cannot accept they take mind-numbing penalties so often...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, and I say this being basically the zebra here, I don't think "trolling fans" is right, either.  Trolls are usually those who express a viewpoint they know is controversial to draw people in and incite.  Often they don't really share that viewpoint.  I think the negative folks who show up yelling for everyone's heads fully believe what they say.

What I think is we as fans suffer from the results of really, 22 years of dysfunction and futility in our franchise.  Maybe longer - maybe since Polian got the axe in 1992.  Time and time again, we as fans see the proverbial "light at the end of the tunnel", and time after time it turns out to be the headlights of the oncoming 9:05 freight, running us over. 

"Despairing fans" or "desperate fans bilked of hope once again" might be the more accurate descriptive.

I think ´battered wife syndrome´ would apply to a large segment of this fan base, as well.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

The only reason the Bills Offense is 32nd in the NFL is because there are not 33 teams, and my

Grandmother knows better than having Peterman in the NFL.

Call us trolling, but if you want to make excuses for what is going on, the op is worse than trolling.

How old is grandma?

I live in Houston. I’m from Western New York Tonight on the local news here they were laughing at Peterman.  They really couldn’t believe he threw it right to their DB. 

I was at the game today. I thought why didn’t they run it. They had a 1 min 40 only needed a field goal. Very poor coaching to let him throw that pass pattern. 

3 minutes ago, popcornpam said:

I live in Houston. I’m from Western New York Tonight on the local news here they were laughing at Peterman.  They really couldn’t believe he threw it right to their DB. 

I was at the game today. I thought why didn’t they run it. They had a 1 min 40 only needed a field goal. Very poor coaching to let him throw that pass pattern. 

I felt the same way.  I could not understand passing there.  

31 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

There are always going to be fans that make excuses, but if you guys can't handle the truth,

and tell it like it is, tough, because the rest of are not going to fly the pom poms at this incompetence.

I don’t think it’s we can’t handle the truth... I know this isn’t a great team

but I don’t have 4000 negative posts and always ***** and complain ... I support the team here...

fyi was not insinuating you’re that guy either 

Edited by Buffalo716

9 minutes ago, Success said:

I felt the same way.  I could not understand passing there.  

Turn stile Peterman  try to throw it in there as fast as he can. 

By the way they were a lot of Buffalo fans here today. Too bad it was 92° during the tailgate

Edited by popcornpam

6 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Nice post.  The Bills are a team in transition.  Before the year started, there were many more needs on offense than defense.  It is logical for the defense to be ahead of the offense.  The bills will get to where we want them to be.  It will take a year or two.

• Like (+1) 1

I've, once again, written and deleted a good, honest response to the whiners on this board.  Deleted because I don't want to hurt your little feelings any more than they so obviously are already.  The OP and other like-minded here have it totally right.  The whiners will always justify their bitching as being "skeptical" and the rest of us are homers or cheerleaders.  Whatever.  We know who needs a diaper changed here and who doesn't.  It really makes me sad to be a Bills fan when I read some of the bitching and moaning on this board.  I honestly cannot understand what you all get from constantly chiming in every chance you get to snuff out anyone's positivity.  Like you fulfill some deep need to ensure the rest of us and our positive thinking are always in check by your unique wisdom.  Oh how our lives would be so incomplete with you all.  How can we ever thank you enough?

I'll have to cut myself off again now before I go too far. 

Edited by Generic Screen Name 2
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Maybe 20+ years of the franchise being a joke/losers can have this affect on a fan base?  Just maybe?

2 minutes ago, Generic Screen Name 2 said:

The whiners will always justify their bitching as being "skeptical" and the rest of us are homers or cheerleaders.

Hey, you got one right there sport.

Edited by AllenWillBust