Despairing Fans

Buffalo716

7 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I don’t think the term “fair weather” is correct. I get what you’re saying. But that’s more being bitter and fed up.

A fairweather fan doesn’t dedicate every Sunday for the past 2 decades watching this crap week in and week out lol

2 decades?  You're a newbie. lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LFC24 said:

oh piss off

we have stuck with this team through 15 years of mediocrity. you have no right to call any Bills fan fairweather. 

I have been here since the late 80's, through all 4 SB losses, the Music City forward lateral, the choke job against 3rd stringers, and the crappy teams in between. :thumbsup:

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

People are pissed because everyone knows Nathan Peterman doesn't belong on and NFL roster.  It has been said by fans and media members several times but McDermott for some reason wants to have this keep coming back to put his competence in question.  What we have on offense is one of the most botched situations for a highly drafted rookie QB to develop in recent memory.  I mean for the entire NFL.  We have the worst surrounding cast possible around the QB, do we have to have the worst backup QB in the league too? 

I have been a defender of McDermott, but this stuff with Peterman and the offense is a serious stain.

1 minute ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I have been a defender of McDermott, but this stuff with Peterman and the offense is a serious stain.

Nothing more than a "skid mark" on the road to success. :thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Again fair weathered might be wrong... but the trolls come out

It cuts both ways. We have a handful that are incredibly eager to knock down anyone that’s skeptical. I’ve figured this a 6-ish win roster since May and have generally felt like a Debbie downer for it, and caught a few comments.

this is a bad roster. It could have been a good roster. But we may come out ahead at some point 

Just now, Comebackkid said:

i think what makes you hate a game like this is that we should have won that game...it wasnt that we lacked the talent...but between some bad offensive play calling and 

players not doing things they should have we lost.  

Not doing what you should strikes me as a talent issue

• Like (+1) 1

It's really quite concerning at this point.  McDermott has proven to be a great D coach.  He's also proving to be incompetent on the other side of the ball.  From the assistants he has in place to the stripping the talent away from this team.  It's unexcusable to be fair.  Beane and McDermott better figure this out during the off-season or 2019 might be their last.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

It cuts both ways. We have a handful that are incredibly eager to knock down anyone that’s skeptical. I’ve figured this a 6-ish win roster since May and have generally felt like a Debbie downer for it, and caught a few comments.

this is a bad roster. It could have been a good roster. But we may come out ahead at some point 

Not doing what you should strikes me as a talent issue

maybe...but...if u know what to do, and dont do it, is that a talent issue?..i mean if u cant learn what to do or dont understand it..thats talent deficient.  see KB.   but if u just plain dont do something u know how to do...lack of preparation....   discipline.   

Just now, Comebackkid said:

maybe...but...if u know what to do, and dont do it, is that a talent issue?..i mean if u cant learn what to do or dont understand it..thats talent deficient.  see KB.   but if u just plain dont do something u know how to do...lack of preparation....   discipline.   

I suppose I consider the mental side a talent too... but semantics.... probably not worth arguing

8 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

The offense sucks!  It just does.  It's a waste of a legit defense and it makes the whole front office and coaching staff look really bad.  

The whole front office and coaching staff don't look really bad.  They are really bad ... just like they've been again and again over the decades.  In fact, if I didn't know it was 2018, I'd swear it was  2001 or 1985 or 1971 or 1968.  2018 has the feel of being about as bad as any of those.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

It's really quite concerning at this point.  McDermott has proven to be a great D coach.  He's also proving to be incompetent on the other side of the ball.  From the assistants he has in place to the stripping the talent away from this team.  It's unexcusable to be fair.  Beane and McDermott better figure this out during the off-season or 2019 might be their last.  

I think you’ve got to really buy in to them to give them 2019. If they screw free agency/draft up in our big rebound year it’s really going to hurt. Especially in a make or break year for our qb. 

I think too too many are quick to say “meh let’s see what happens” and not treat it like a major decision to stay the course 

• Like (+1) 1

I disagree that it's impossible to judge Josh because of his supporting cast. Do we need to factor that in to the analysis? Sure. But there still needs to be an analysis.

Goff was also raw and stunk it up. Same with Trubisky. But it wasn't as simple as putting better players around them and all of sudden they were successful. There was a learning curve for both guys. The issue is Josh is considerably further behind either of those players in their rookie years. We're dumbing down the offense to extreme degrees just so Josh can function out there. One read and then he takes off by design. He might be the most raw QB to come into the NFL in 10 years, so it's going to take time and patience.

The big thing is that we see him develop in his recognition, decision making, and accuracy. In the midst of making numerous mistakes, is he also making plays? I'm ok with some ill advised throws as long as he's able to move the ball, and learns from his mistakes.

So far neither of those things is happening. New teammates will help somewhat, but we need Allen to make a giant leap in football IQ for it to really matter.

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Tcali said:

being a Bills fan has been like 50yrs in The Gulag for many of us.

54 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I can’t believe how many trolling fans show up after an L...

Going to Bills games, like I did in the late 60's with my father felt like you were going to a gulag. 

Couldn't park near War Memorial, walked in large numbers there from the neighborhoods far away to feel safe. Yeah, it was that bad.

Did so until 1973 when the new stadium came along. It became much better. Dad stopped going soon, but we kept until into the 90's.

I watch every week, but if I comment on here suddenly I'm a troll....as ordained by trolls, I'm sure.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Going to Bills games, like I did in the late 60's with my father felt like you were going to a gulag. 

Couldn't park near War Memorial, walking in large numbers there from the neighborhoods far away to feel safe. Yeah, it was that bad.

Did so until 1973 when the new stadium came along. It became much better. Dad stopped going soon, but we kept until into the 90's.

I watch every week, but if I comment on here suddenly I'm a troll....as ordained by trolls, I'm sure.

Do you come here just to bash the Bills? Or do you support them as well?

there is a difference between trolling and commenting .. and lots of us grew up at the rock pile and with the Bills a huge part of their lives

I support the Bills. Having displeasure is one thing... coming here and ONLY COMPLAINING is a troll

and I NEVER singled you out 

Edited by Buffalo716