Peterman Pick 6

Protocal69

The slot wasn’t the preferred read on that play. There’s a safety playing robber and if NP threw to Zay, the play would’ve ended in a violent collision or potentially a tipped pass/interception. Where NP should have gone with the ball is the TE, Charles Clay. The 11th defender was over the top of Benjamin, so if that pass went to Clay, it would’ve been a huge gain. Problem is, NP makes a decision where he’s going with the ball presnap. It’s why he looks decisive, but is also why he throws so many INTs. He never progresses through his reads post snap.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JayBaller10 said:

The slot wasn’t the preferred read on that play. There’s a safety playing robber and if NP threw to Zay, the play would’ve ended in a violent collision or potentially a tipped pass/interception. Where NP should have gone with the ball is the TE, Charles Clay. The 11th defender was over the top of Benjamin, so if that pass went to Clay, it would’ve been a huge gain. Problem is, NP makes a decision where he’s going with the ball presnap. It’s why he looks decisive, but is also why he throws so many INTs. He never progresses through his reads post snap.

Exactly. Been saying this forever. It's incredible that NFL coaching cannot see this. It was evident from day one, game one.

1 hour ago, pop gun said:

Wasnt Daboll fault at all as Peterman changed at los.

Who said that?? where was that reported? If Daboll allowed Peterman to change the play he should be fired. If he didn't understand that Peterman could not (and should never) throw that pass and still called that play (he should be fired) . If Peterman went rogue and changed the playcall which I find highly unlikely , he should be cut ASAP. Actually Peterman needs to be cut no matter who called that play.

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

Who said that?? where was that reported? If Daboll allowed Peterman to change the play he should be fired. If he didn't understand that Peterman could not (and should never) throw that pass and still called that play (he should be fired) . If Peterman went rogue and changed the playcall which I find highly unlikely , he should be cut ASAP. Actually Peterman needs to be cut no matter who called that play.

Sal Cappaccio

Peterman has done it too many times now to think that he's going to correct it.  I think there are ways he could take advantage of the fact that DBs are baiting him and anticipating the throw, but I don't expect he would even if he were to get the chance.

16 hours ago, MDH said:

Look how Benjamin has stopped and Peterman still hasnt even thrown the ball. That ball needs to be arriving right after Benjamin turns.

To top it off it wasnt even good ball placement. Just horrible execution.

There really is no good part of this play, but a key component highlighted right thur.

We have a lot of timing routes in our offensive playbook that require Allen and whoever else is there (hopefully not Peterman), to make this throw before the receiver completes his route, hell, with Peterman's arm strength, he should have thrown this within two seconds of the snap. The ball should be hitting his hands the second he turns around - receivers practice these catches on juggs a lot of the time for this purpose. You might also flip the formation as this is a difficult throw to time across the hash marks regardless.

This requires two things, the ability to process and read coverage quickly, and the arm strength and finesse to deliver this throw on point and on time. With our current QB roster, these aren't plays that we should have in our scheme. However, they are throws that Allen will need to learn to make if he's going to be successful.

Nothing beats a red zone zone coverage quite like timed routes like slants, hooks, crosses in man coverage, etc.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

NFL Week 6 Blunders: Matt Nagy gets conservative vs. Dolphins, Andy Reid settles for FGs against Pats

Before we turn the page to Week 7, let's look back at some of the worst decisions of Week 6

6. Peterman throws away a game

If I can include quarterback decision making on this list and if Nathan Petermankeeps getting snaps for the Bills, he'll probably become a staple of this story. What he did on Sunday was toss away a game that the Bills very well could've won.

After their defense prevented the Texans from scoring a go-ahead touchdown by holding them to a game-tying field goal, Peterman loosened up his arm for a potential game-winning drive. Instead, he got baited by Texans cornerback Johnathan Joseph, who was sitting on this short route the entire time.

peterman.gif

Also dumb play. whatever he scored on the wonderlic should have serious impact on football IQ or Wonderlic IQ. He's has the worst Quarterback IQ I've ever seen. Does the worst possible decision every time. 

I can't say he's not the definition of a gunslinger though, just no arm but all the guts.

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

13 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Didn't he do the same thing against the Chargers too?

Yes, precisely

7 hours ago, BBills88 said:

A pump fake would have done wonders on that play.

Damn you Peterman!!!!!!!

I was like maybe the kid learned something. But that quickly was answered.

I don't think a pump fake or the like is the solution.

7 hours ago, pop gun said:

Sal Cappaccio (info that Peterman changed the play at the LOS)

Can you provide a linky?  I had the old rummage through links to find for myself and could not find.

Thanks

9 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Fair enough on the robber.  At the point where Peterman had to pull the trigger in the face of the oncoming blitzer, I didn't think Clay looked open or as though he were prepared for the ball, but I could be mistaken.

I know you're right on with NP and the pre-snap decisions.  It's one reason why Peterman looked great in preseason where most teams run vanilla Ds and don't stunt, and then went to ash when it counted.

9 hours ago, T&C said:

44115771_10160917939200023_1734707805903912960_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&oh=8d7abec74c00c39bc5ff1e10886675a1&oe=5C43ECB5

I'm sorry man, i'm going to show this to everybody I know and take credit. That's good hustle.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fair enough on the robber.  At the point where Peterman had to pull the trigger in the face of the oncoming blitzer, I didn't think Clay looked open or as though he were prepared for the ball, but I could be mistaken.

I know you're right on with NP and the pre-snap decisions.  It's one reason why Peterman looked great in preseason where most teams run vanilla Ds and don't stunt, and then went to ash when it counted.

Does thinking you're the man against a vanilla defense translate to the Peterman that never found success otherwise? It's like doing something and learning from all the wrong reasons. "Heh, fooled that corner again on an out to win the game. Week 1 is gonna be.. EASY".

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

NFL Week 6 Blunders: Matt Nagy gets conservative vs. Dolphins, Andy Reid settles for FGs against Pats

Before we turn the page to Week 7, let's look back at some of the worst decisions of Week 6

6. Peterman throws away a game

If I can include quarterback decision making on this list and if Nathan Petermankeeps getting snaps for the Bills, he'll probably become a staple of this story. What he did on Sunday was toss away a game that the Bills very well could've won.

After their defense prevented the Texans from scoring a go-ahead touchdown by holding them to a game-tying field goal, Peterman loosened up his arm for a potential game-winning drive. Instead, he got baited by Texans cornerback Johnathan Joseph, who was sitting on this short route the entire time.

peterman.gif

It ain’t just his decision making either. Look at that throw: feet tied together, whole upper body twisting, weight on his back peg with no follow through...with his arm I’m surprised that ball even made it to Joseph in the air. He is simply not an NFL quarterback.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:07 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I was watching the game at my sister’s house, and immediately before the play my BIL said “here comes the pick 6.”  

I believed it as as soon as he said it.

I think all of Buffalo was collectively thinking this at the same time...

On 10/15/2018 at 8:54 AM, MDH said:

Look how Benjamin has stopped and Peterman still hasnt even thrown the ball. That ball needs to be arriving right after Benjamin turns.

To top it off it wasnt even good ball placement. Just horrible execution.

The fault here goes to the OC and HC for putting the Bills in this position.  They did *NOT* put the ball in the hands of the best player on the field...McCoy.  They could have just killed the clock and taken their shot in OT.