Peterman Pick 6

Protocal69

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Jonathan Joseph read this ALL THE WAY. Look at how Joseph is already breaking on the ball at the top of Peterson release.

1st of all Peterman had a wide open slot receiver from where the cornerback was blitzing from.

2nd of all why is Daboll calling for this knowing good well that Peterman does not have the arm strength to get it there on time from the far hash mark to the other end of the field.

SMH

Capture.thumb.JPG.468a30d60c92f7b8eed3808b2d339525.JPG

The one place he should never be allowed to throw. This is on Daboll the most. Second, there are at least 2 guys open, here, and possibly a third (but flat throws and Peterman are stupid, so I'll say two). The play calling is very WWE-like. I mean, instead of beating the other guy up, we're busy being distracted by the obvious distraction. Daboll is suck.

So critical analysis of Nate Peterman's shortcomings is an acceptable activity here, but doing the same with Josh Allen is not?

Do I have that right?

Nate is pretty much as new and raw and Josh is.   They've both now played 5 games each. 

But Nate is garbage to be thrown out and Josh is a budding superstar on the rise?

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

So critical analysis of Nate Peterman's shortcomings is an acceptable activity here, but doing the same with Josh Allen is not?

Do I have that right?

Nate is pretty much as new and raw and Josh is.   They've both now played 5 games each. 

But Nate is garbage to be thrown out and Josh is a budding superstar on the rise?

Sure let's count picks in those 5 games.

• Like (+1) 1

The pump fake could of worked perfectly there. I do wonder if Benjamin still would of either dropped the ball or been to slow to catch up to it? Not sure, Benjamin had a nice catch that stood today and another that didn’t. 

Makes me wonder if Daboll wanted AJ McCarron but was forced to work with Peterman. 

3 hours ago, BakersBills said:

double move...but bills play fair and dont run them or pick plays! integrity!

We do nothing to create mismatches we don’t have crossing routes, motion that continues till ball is snapped, quick slants, screens, or any other plays that resemble a NFL offense 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Do I have that right?

LOL Josh is far from a superstar on the rise...more like a work in progress.  At least he doesn't have a noodle arm and hasn't thrown 3 or 4 pick 6's in under 3 games played.  

NP.JPG

Edited by Azucho98

5 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Do I have that right?

Allen still has potential.  Peterman will never make it in the league because he continues to make stupid throws like the one that ended the game.

8 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

He's calling it because they had to work the sidelines - no time outs.  But Daboll should have considered who was going to throw that out route....Peterman doesn't have the arm strength to play in the NFL...he can't function in a minute drill with no time outs...when you HAVE to work the sidelines.

Wouldn’t the smart play be work hurry up and go over the middle and worse case you go into OT?  I’m assuming if fans here know Petermans limitation so do the Bills coach’s so why not play to his strengths?  (Asking honestly)

9 hours ago, R Y G A R said:

The pump fake is an underused weapon. Drew Brees practices pump fakes in his pre game routine. Manipulating the defense with your eyes and pump fakes is something I think OCs and qb coaches should be a big emphasis on, especially when developing a qb. I remember rewatching Superbowl 27 game 1 vs Dallas in slow motion.. no all 22 back then haha, but their DBs closed on the passes so fast and hard. As soon as Kelly cocked his arm, they were breaking hard. And I remember thinking if he just looked one way with a pump fake and came back to the deep middle this other guy would be wide freakin open! 

One reason I was upset with not bringing in a vet QB is I don't believe someone who hasn't played can give a newbie the same tips as to on-field behavior.

The thing I'll never understand about this is why in the world would you even give NP the option to throw an out? As soon as he got in the game that play calling sheet should have been limited to only slants, drags, screens and the occasional medium/deep sideline shot. This was the most predictable outcome of all time. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Wouldn’t the smart play be work hurry up and go over the middle and worse case you go into OT?  I’m assuming if fans here know Petermans limitation so do the Bills coach’s so why not play to his strengths?  (Asking honestly)

Just about any other play but a fumble would be smarter.  And a fumble, at least there's an open question who recovers it.

9 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

He's calling it because they had to work the sidelines - no time outs.  But Daboll should have considered who was going to throw that out route....Peterman doesn't have the arm strength to play in the NFL...he can't function in a minute drill with no time outs...when you HAVE to work the sidelines.

He didn’t HAVE to work anything. IT WAS A TIE GAME. Play it conservative and lean on the defense like you have all game. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Jonathan Joseph read this ALL THE WAY. Look at how Joseph is already breaking on the ball at the top of Peterson release.

1st of all Peterman had a wide open slot receiver from where the cornerback was blitzing from.

2nd of all why is Daboll calling for this knowing good well that Peterman does not have the arm strength to get it there on time from the far hash mark to the other end of the field.

SMH

Capture.thumb.JPG.468a30d60c92f7b8eed3808b2d339525.JPG

By the time the open slot guy turns for the ball, Peterman will be wearing red.

But it seems to me this play is also symptomatic of the Bills WR troubles.  I could be wrong, but it seems to me on other teams, the WR in Benjamin's role would take 2 steps into the ball and mess up Joseph's big day.  He might not make the catch, but neither would Joseph and with a bit of luck, Joseph would plow into him before the ball arrives and draw the PI.  The field awareness and ability to adjust his position on the ball relative to defenders that all the top WR have, just seems AWOL in Benjamin, even when he's trying.

It also seems to me that the play (and the slot receiver) should have a "hot" adjustment that allows a modified, quicker route and makes him the hot read on the blitz.

Maybe I'm wrong on both points.  Not trying to exculpate Peterman for the lousy decision and throw, just to point out his throw may not be the only thing wrong.

• Like (+1) 1