Allen looked very good today

Great throw to Benjamin, his best throw all year. Ashame that's the play he got hurt on. Hopefully it's just a bone bruise. He scrambled well. Get him a line and some weapons, we are off to the races. 

Even happier watching Mayfield and Rosen stink it up. Darnold looked pretty good, I always had him and Allen as the top guys.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Great throw to Benjamin, his best throw all year. Ashame that's the play he got hurt on. Hopefully it's just a bone bruise. He scrambled well. Get him a line and some weapons, we are off to the races. 

Even happier watching Mayfield and Rosen stink it up. Darnold looked pretty good, I always had him and Allen as the top guys.

He did not look good.  This was the game where I lost confidence in Allen

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I would not call it "good" but at the same time, I think he is playing smarter than before. He has a lot to work on. I think some of the regression people are  seeing in certain areas is because he's trying to focus on fixing other things, but the only thing we can do is remain hopeful because we are all-in on this guy like it or not and hopefully by next year when we improve his supporting cast, we will see it all coming together.  REALLY hoping that he can play against the Colts next week because it is completely reasonable to expect 200+ yards passing against that defense and he needs that type of game in order to build some momentum for himself and continue to grow.  

Edited by BobBelcher
  • Thank you (+1) 2

had had 10 completions for 80 yards lol. 1 good throw doesn't negate the multiple games of poor QB play. 

he was bad. i don't understand this "he needs better weapons" argument. who is Darnold throwing to? The Jets offense is not much better than ours. 

Edited by LFC24
  • Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, LFC24 said:

had had 10 completions for 80 yards lol. 1 good throw doesn't negate the multiple games of poor QB play. 

he was bad. i don't understand this "he needs better weapons" argument. who is Darnold throwing to? The Jets offense is not much better than ours. 

Jets definitely have a better OL.  Kearse is better than anyone we have.  Robby Anderson has come on strong for them and had nearly 1000 yards with Josh Mccown at QB last year.  Enunwa is also a solid WR.  They definitely have a better supporting cast on offense.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

I was only able to watch the first half but if the 2nd half looked anything like the first then you are mental if you think he looked good

Same here, but from what  I am hearing, he did start to play better in the second half.  The throw that OP is referring to - 39 yard strike to KB - was in the second half and he apparently had another long connection with KB called back on a stupid mistake by Bills that had no impact on the play, also in the second half.  Meanwhile, our OL is doing no favors with all the false start penalties and apparently we average 3rd and 9 yards to go on third downs, which Allen deserves part of the blame for, but not all.  He has a ways to go, but the Bills are not doing him a lot of favors either, and neither has our schedule for that matter.  I'm very interested to see what he looks like against an "average" defense next week. No excuses at that point.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tcali said:

mahomes

That one hurts, and it'll hurt forever, but Rosen bothers me a lot more... because we were taking a QB for sure and he was there for the taking and just a year before taking Allen we drafted Peterman because of his supposed "NFL readiness" yet I guess that factor was not in play when choosing our franchise QB.  I'm still willing to defend allen at this point and give him the rest of this season, but my god, I'll never get over that pick with Rosen on the board.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

That one hurts, and it'll hurt forever, but Rosen bothers me a lot more... because we were taking a QB for sure and he was there for the taking and just a year before taking Allen we drafted Peterman because of his supposed "NFL readiness" yet I guess that factor was not in play when choosing our franchise QB.  I'm still willing to defend allen at this point and give him the rest of this season, but my god, I'll never get over that pick with Rosen on the board.

the Bills are a never ending excruciating experience

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Tcali said:

the Bills are a never ending excruciating experience

The most excruciating part of it for me.... we have actually done relatively well on our draft picks these past couple years.. arguably very well...................... as long as it isn't the QB position.  And this has been going on for years.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BobBelcher said:

The most excruciating part of it for me.... we have actually done relatively well on our draft picks these past couple years.. arguably very well...................... as long as it isn't the QB position.  And this has been going on for years.

flutie is the last pro QB we have had