Allen looked very good today

33 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

They didn't.

You don't "know"...you might believesupposepredict, or even staunchly assert the opinion that a guy will bust.

To say you "know" is quite simply lying.

For example, back in June of 2016, I predicted (actually, the terminology I used was "feel like") that Patrick Mahomes would be "special".  I could be on this board pounding my chest about how I "knew"...but the thing is, I didn't.  I believed that he would be special, but I'm not so self-aggrandizing that I'd say that I knew.

Apparently,  we can just look at billsareback aka 17 Josh Allen for this lol

Allen only has like 5 pages from the playbook he is being given.  Because of the lack of help around him and not wanting him to try to do too much they have dialed him back.  It's obvious if you watch them play.  It's the same dink and dunk passes when he can throw 85 yards.  

38 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

Except for the teams who decided in the draft Allen was garbage and were not going to pick him, I guess they were just clueless trolls.

You're logic is all wrong.  Deciding to take another player does not equate to thinking JA garbage.  You're thinking would mean that the Giants thought every player not named mayfield or barkley was garbage.  Prove me wrong. . .

1 hour ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

We haven't had a QB for 20 years. You'd think we'd have plenty of practice in telling if a QB has 'it' or not. People are just flat out lying to themselves if they think Josh Allen is a viable NFL QB. I don't care he's a rookie. 

....um....er...uh....well if you say so........

They didn't ask him to do a lot, but for what he was tasked with I thought he was OK. Still had some jitters which led to bad throws in the pocket, but overall he looked more decisive and that's a good thing. I have to guess that this is their plan for him and they're going to bring him along very slowly. I like how he's stood up to it thus far.

22 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Apparently,  we can just look at billsareback aka 17 Josh Allen for this lol

That guy... :lol:

Nothing like showing up 2 months before the draft, reading all of the work other people have done, passing it off as your own opinion while offering zero analysis of any kind, and then bragging about it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Beyond any stats, what did he do well?

Honestly from watching the game it felt like he was doing the job he was asked to do. I could be wrong maybe there were some guys open further down the field. Also as far as improvement I liked that he seemed to find people to throw to for short yardage more often than last game where he threw it away a lot.

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

They didn't ask him to do a lot, but for what he was tasked with I thought he was OK. Still had some jitters which led to bad throws in the pocket, but overall he looked more decisive and that's a good thing. I have to guess that this is their plan for him and they're going to bring him along very slowly. I like how he's stood up to it thus far.

That's something that I thought might of been part of the gameplan. Early on let him get some short completion to get comfortable  and then as the game progresses open up the field to him more.

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Honestly from watching the game it felt like he was doing the job he was asked to do. I could be wrong maybe there were some guys open further down the field. Also as far as improvement I liked that he seemed to find people to throw to for short yardage more often than last game where he threw it away a lot.

That's something that I thought might of been part of the gameplan. Early on let him get some short completion to get comfortable  and then as the game progresses open up the field to him more.

Yeh I think some of it had to do with gameflow, the game was so tight the whole way they wanted to keep everything manageable. I'm guessing it's going to be that way the rest of the year ie prioritizing wins and letting Allen develop organically. 

1 hour ago, teef said:

this is where i'm at with it.  he needs to keep seeing the game.  it will either slow down for him or...ya know.

Agreed but Daboll needs to open it up.   I'm ok with Josh making mistakes trying to push the ball vertically down the field. The play calling continues to stink.  Goes back to the last season of Tyrod.  Hope the elbow is good to go he needs every rep they can get him. 

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

Agreed but Daboll needs to open it up.   I'm ok with Josh making mistakes trying to push the ball vertically down the field. The play calling continues to stink.  Goes back to the last season of Tyrod.  Hope the elbow is good to go he needs every rep they can get him. 

I’m nervous that it’s more Allen’s ability to read the field than it is coaching, but I’m also not someone who thinks he can’t improve on this. Have they mentioned anything about his elbow at this point?

I didnt think he was as bad as last week,but honestly its not looking good. They will try to build around him in the offseason, but not sure its going to matter. Rosen has not been lights out yet but hes just a naturally better passer. He wins that game yesterday with the way our defense played.

We may live to regret that decision for years

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Great throw to Benjamin, his best throw all year. Ashame that's the play he got hurt on. Hopefully it's just a bone bruise. He scrambled well. Get him a line and some weapons, we are off to the races. 

Even happier watching Mayfield and Rosen stink it up. Darnold looked pretty good, I always had him and Allen as the top guys.

He looked good standing on the sideline and a couple throws.  Pretty much it.  Don't get me wrong, he could be very good someday if he develops. But he is no where near ready to be playing now.

25 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve been watching Mahomes and Darnold highlights, and they seem to be throwing to WR’s who are WIDE open all over the field! It’s like we are playing a different sport! 

They have talent on offense.  Watkins is the #4 option the Chiefs  Ponder that for a moment  The most talented player the Bills have had on offense in over a decade is the #4 on the Chiefs  Both run innovative schemes  We spent all off season installing a jet sweep to the right and cant even get that play right

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Beyond any stats, what did he do well?

A lot! Guys, most plays were positive. I'm not saying he was perfect, but the criticism he's taking today is unbelievable. What exactly are your expectations? Remember, he threw 17 balls, so don't talk about the yardage total.

Just now, The Bills Blog said:

A lot! Guys, most plays were positive. I'm not saying he was perfect, but the criticism he's taking today is unbelievable. What exactly are your expectations? Remember, he threw 17 balls, so don't talk about the yardage total.

Specifics please.