Allen looked very good today

11 hours ago, BuffaloBud420 said:

Great throw to Benjamin, his best throw all year. Ashame that's the play he got hurt on. Hopefully it's just a bone bruise. He scrambled well. Get him a line and some weapons, we are off to the races. 

Even happier watching Mayfield and Rosen stink it up. Darnold looked pretty good, I always had him and Allen as the top guys.

Hahahahaha....very good?......hahahahaha another Blind Bills fan, not able to evaluate talent. 

12 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I see them tell me every Hall of famer had a rough start daily on here, they have bats in the belfry to tell me this guy has any right to Hall of Famer comparison

should be horewhipped for speaking the name of Brady and Allen in a post

Same old nonsense.  I did not say anywhere he would be a Hall of Famer.  Nor did anyone else on this board.  I did say guys like Aikman had similar growing pains the first few games of their rookie year.  That does not mean Allen will be a HOFer.

How about a QB guru?  Not sure if already been done before or not.  Say, sign Peyton manning as QB guru to help out.  Not a coach though - the guru is more free and has no paperwork and player discipline and such and need not be on hand on sunday sideline.

Getting an very good active QB to start and train the rookie costs getting a very good and active QB - no go.  Why not find a great recently retired QB and ask for 10-15 hours a week or so with our QB squad and coach?  Not a full time job he needs to relocate for but pay accordingly.  $1mil?  I dunno.  

1 minute ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Hahahahaha....very good?......hahahahaha another Blind Bills fan, not able to evaluate talent. 

I wanted Rosen myself, but of course now want Allen to succeed.  Mayfield had a really tough day yesterday.  Teams are figuring out that that if they keep him in the pocket he'll have a tougher time.  He like every other young QB will need to continue to figure things out and develop.

I'll tell you another thing.  If the Bills had been the Chiefs last night, and Allen had been Mahomes last night, I can't begin to count how many folks here would be blaming Allen for throwing a dumb pick in the end zone at the end of the half and how that cost them the game, instead of focusing on what he did in the second half.

6 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

he also made a great throw to KB the drive before that got called back. I personally think he was finally settling in a bit more and was getting confident in ripping some balls down the field.

Would have been nice to see him finish the game to find out. 

2 minutes ago, sleeby said:

How about a QB guru?  Not sure if already been done before or not.  Say, sign Peyton manning as QB guru to help out.  Not a coach though - the guru is more free and has no paperwork and player discipline and such and need not be on hand on sunday sideline.

Getting an very good active QB to start and train the rookie costs getting a very good and active QB - no go.  Why not find a great recently retired QB and ask for 10-15 hours a week or so with our QB squad and coach?  Not a full time job he needs to relocate for but pay accordingly.  $1mil?  I dunno.  

Good idea.  I will be intrigued to see what effect Anderson has.  Sometimes the real star guys have a harder time teaching because it came so natural whereas the guys that had to work really hard to survive in the league wind up better at coaching.

I mean I respect anyone for being optimistic.  But holy crap, is this real life?  We are saying a qb who “led” us to 6 points and had 80 yards passing looked good?  What is your comparison? Pop Warner?  Then yes, Allen looked good.  But compared to 99% of the nfl that performance is borderline being in the nfl.  

Im not going to run his out of town but we are standards for “good” are so pathetically low.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I wanted Rosen myself, but of course now want Allen to succeed.  Mayfield had a really tough day yesterday.  Teams are figuring out that that if they keep him in the pocket he'll have a tougher time.  He like every other young QB will need to continue to figure things out and develop.

I'll tell you another thing.  If the Bills had been the Chiefs last night, and Allen had been Mahomes last night, I can't begin to count how many folks here would be blaming Allen for throwing a dumb pick in the end zone at the end of the half and how that cost them the game, instead of focusing on what he did in the second half.

Mahomes has multiple games with 3 or more TDs with 0 INTs.....let's be realistic here please!

11 hours ago, LFC24 said:

had had 10 completions for 80 yards lol. 1 good throw doesn't negate the multiple games of poor QB play. 

he was bad. i don't understand this "he needs better weapons" argument. who is Darnold throwing to? The Jets offense is not much better than ours. 

Darnold was more pro ready coming out of college than Allen was. Allen shouldn't have been starting to begin with but no point in crying over spilled milk now. The only agenda the Bills should have now is to get Allen through the season and let him learn from his mistakes as he goes along. Then do a complete tear down/Overhaul of the entire offense and give him some play makers to work with next year.

Edited by billieve420
  • Like (+1) 1

I love this fan base.

Allen either has to be "very good" or "the worst QB in NFL history".

He cannot simply be a talented kid for whom the game is moving too quickly, that was denied the chance to get up to NFL speed, and instead thrown into the fray before he was ready because the coaching staff and front office botched the off-season approach at QB; starting a guy that doesn't belong in the NFL and trading away the veteran they brought in specifically to stabilize the position.

Right now, the kid's biggest problem is that the game is moving too quickly for him, and so he's trying to make plays any way that he can.  That's a recipe for bad-looking QB play.  It's magnified by the fact that they have the worst offensive personnel in the league around him, but that's beside the point.

Why anyone is surprised by this is beyond me, but not as far beyond me as how we can have so many overly presumptuous folks that are ready to close the book on the kid because he's not up to NFL speed after 2 years at Wyoming and 5 NFL starts.

That's the height of ignorance IMO.

For better or worse, he's the starter, and since he doesn't look like he's getting the confidence beaten out of him, they should let him play.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Jaywrizzo said:

Mahomes has multiple games with 3 or more TDs with 0 INTs.....let's be realistic here please!

I am being realistic.  Mahomes looks really good to be sure.  Coming out he had a lot of doubters because of his footwork, playing in a single read spread offense and such but the kid is a stud so far.  But the realism is truly this:  if things were changed around and the Bills had lost the same way to the Patriots as the Chiefs did last night, Allen would be getting roasted for throwing that pick vs. all the good things.

It is what Bills fans do.  They all think the next guy is going to be Kelly, and if the guy they bring in does not immediately ring forth images of Jimbo, they guy is a bum who will never make it.  Can you imagine what some Bills fans would have said if w e had gotten Darnold and he threw a pick 6 his first pass, like he did with the Jets?  He would have been immediately declared a bust by some, and that would have been it.

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean I respect anyone for being optimistic.  But holy crap, is this real life?  We are saying a qb who “led” us to 6 points and had 80 yards passing looked good?  What is your comparison? Pop Warner?  Then yes, Allen looked good.  But compared to 99% of the nfl that performance is borderline being in the nfl.  

Im not going to run his out of town but we are standards for “good” are so pathetically low.

Did you watch the f****** game or are you just looking at stats? It was clearly his best game. This thread is baffling to me.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

if things were changed around and the Bills had lost the same way to the Patriots as the Chiefs did last night, Allen would be getting roasted for throwing that pick vs. all the good things.

If Allen wants to throw for 350+ yards, 4 TDs and lead an offense that scores 40 in Foxborough, I'm OK with him throwing 2 picks. 

We might be waiting a long time for Josh to make that kind of impact.  

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

If Allen wants to throw for 350+ yards, 4 TDs and lead an offense that scores 40 in Foxborough, I'm OK with him throwing 2 picks. 

We might be waiting a long time for Josh to make that kind of impact.  

I would be too.  You know that some people here would focus on the pick.

Give the kid time.  I see evidence the game is starting to slow down for him.