Allen looked very good today

I’ll say this in Allen’s defense.  Just before his injury it looked like the light bulb finally came on for him. He threw that nice ball to KB (which DiMarco ruined).  Then the second nice ball down the middle over the DB.  That was beautiful.  I think those passes gave him confidence to stand in and let it rip.  Then the injury. Ugh.  Hopefully he will improve in his next start 

Edited by zow2

14 minutes ago, AllenWillBust said:

Right, so if you're not happy with every move the Bills have made, you're a troll, got it.

There's a lot of space in between "not happy with every move the Bills have made", and pronouncing a rookie QB a bust after 5 games.

There's a good bit of additional space between pronouncing him  a bust, and prospectively proclaiming him such in one's screen name.

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

That one hurts, and it'll hurt forever, but Rosen bothers me a lot more... because we were taking a QB for sure and he was there for the taking and just a year before taking Allen we drafted Peterman because of his supposed "NFL readiness" yet I guess that factor was not in play when choosing our franchise QB.  I'm still willing to defend allen at this point and give him the rest of this season, but my god, I'll never get over that pick with Rosen on the board.

Rosen has the same arm strength and substantially more accuracy.  To me accuracy is everything and Josh doesn't have it. 

10 hours ago, BobBelcher said:

We also win if Bills run game delivers like last week and Ivory converts on 3rd and 2.  Peterman may not even have had to take the field again! 

What about those special teams? They were special all right...

And did they save McCoy for the trade? We didn't see him enough of him, not at all

38 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

He had 80 yards.

He has 700 yards in 5 games.

Yesterday was actually worse than his average (somehow), but you know you seem to think yesterday was great. 

Stop with the dumb overreactions.  Everybody pulls this nonsense.

i did not say yesterday was great.  I have said he has a ways to go, as do all rookie QBs.  What I did say is that if you watch the Packers game vs. yesterday he has shown improvement, and that if you watch them objectively there is no way to argue otherwise.

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Stop with the dumb overreactions.  Everybody pulls this nonsense.

i did not say yesterday was great.  I have said he has a ways to go, as do all rookie QBs.  What I did say is that if you watch the Packers game vs. yesterday he has shown improvement, and that if you watch them objectively there is no way to argue otherwise.

But there is. It seems like you are being the non-objective one who is not open to any criticism of josh Allen.

The only touchdown of the game came from Nate F)*& Peterman. 

Allen cant get out of his own way at times. 

He is still doing the same things he did week 2. HE is not trusting his pocket, his is trying to escape where there is no need too. He feels non-existent pressure it seems.

I don't know if any of that stuff can be corrected. 

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

But there is. It seems like you are being the non-objective one who is not open to any criticism of josh Allen.

The only touchdown of the game came from Nate F)*& Peterman. 

Allen cant get out of his own way at times. 

He is still doing the same things he did week 2. HE is not trusting his pocket, his is trying to escape where there is no need too. He feels non-existent pressure it seems.

I don't know if any of that stuff can be corrected. 

Would you stop with the hyperbolic nonsense?

After the Pack game I said he stunk.  And based on yesterday what have I said?  That he still has a long way to go.  and you sit here and say I am not open to any criticism of him?  Give me a break.

Again, I knew the outcome of the game before I watched it yesterday.  So I was  watching Allen specifically to see how he did.  First pass, terrible to Clay.  After that, I don't recall a pass that was way off the mark.  I think the one to Benjamin when double covered deep was more of a throwaway.  He went through progressions a bit faster.  he was accurate with a number of throws when he was set in the pocket and delivered. 

Does he still need to develop?  Hell yes.  A lot?  Hell yes.   But, again. if you watch the Pack game and then watch yesterday's game it is clear to anyone who wants to actually take an objective view that he is doing better.  Not great by any means.  Not even good yet.  But better.  And hopefully with time  he continues that trend.

News flash:  I wanted Watson last year.  He did not look good at all yesterday either.   Wanted Rosen this year.  And he is having his ups and downs.  Mayfield had a really tough day yesterday.  Young QBs go through this.  Why can people not get it through their heads?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

I feel like the fan base is split between those who were ready for a project rookie to have a rough few outings at the start, and those who need to see HOF type play within 5 games.

And those who tell us that HOF players had rough starts, guaranteeing Allen is Hall of Fame material

Just now, row_33 said:

And those who tell us that HOF players had rough starts, guaranteeing Allen is Hall of Fame material

I haven’t seen one poster guarantee that, it even that he’ll defintely be good.  Just that it’s too early to tell either way.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Are there any good QBs coming out next year in case we are picking high enough? 

The upcoming QB class looks pretty terrible.

Looks like a bunch of 2nd/3rd round type guys with minimal upside. 

2020 and 2021 should be absolutely loaded. 

8 minutes ago, Success said:

I haven’t seen one poster guarantee that, it even that he’ll defintely be good.  Just that it’s too early to tell either way.

I see them tell me every Hall of famer had a rough start daily on here, they have bats in the belfry to tell me this guy has any right to Hall of Famer comparison

should be horewhipped for speaking the name of Brady and Allen in a post

Edited by row_33

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is when he looked good.  Not much beyond this play.

he also made a great throw to KB the drive before that got called back. I personally think he was finally settling in a bit more and was getting confident in ripping some balls down the field.