Allen looked very good today

8 hours ago, LFC24 said:

had had 10 completions for 80 yards lol. 1 good throw doesn't negate the multiple games of poor QB play. 

he was bad. i don't understand this "he needs better weapons" argument. who is Darnold throwing to? The Jets offense is not much better than ours. 

Quincy Enunwa?

He would be our #1 in a heartbeat. 

22 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Your usual nonsense unfortunately.  Every young QB has to get the game to slow down for him. 

I disagree after watching yesterday.  He's threw 19 times in less than 3 full quarters, which is reasonable given the focus on the run game. 

As time goes on he'll process quicker and get the ball out quicker.  I'm not saying he's great by any means.  He has a lot to learn.  What I'm saying is those who insist he's making no progress aren't really watching what's going on.

I've never seen a young QB that doesn't pull the trigger learn to pull the trigger. 

Making mistakes is one thing, this is different. 

My opinion is that we need to stop micro-analyzing his every move and throw.  He's had some great throws and lots of bad throws.  He is making mistakes and poor decisions.  But he is getting his trial by fire, and the real test is what does he become starting next year.  Everyone needs to adjust expectations and buckle up for the rest of the year.  I still expect his attitude and work ethic to produce a much improved performance down the road.  

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I have.  I recall Aikman being that type.

This will not turn out to be anything within a million miles of Aikman

Please stop using Hall of Fame caeeers to excuse away horribly outmatched Bills QBs

Just now, row_33 said:

Please stop using Hall of Fame caeeers to excuse away horribly outmatched Bills QBs

Comparing their rookie years.  Please try to actually read before your snark.

13 minutes ago, row_33 said:

This.

For every Aikman or Goff, there are at least 5 guys who went on to be complete busts. 

Allen might be Aikman or Goff, or he might be Paxton Lynch, Johnny Manziel, EJ Manuel, Robert Griffin, Brandon Weeden, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Jamarcus Russel, Brady Quinn, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jason Campbell, JP Losman, Kyle Boller, Byron Leftwich, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey, Tim Couch, Akili Smith....

You get the idea. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

This.

For every Aikman or Goff, there are at least 5 guys who went on to be complete busts. 

Allen might be Aikman or Goff, or he might be Paxton Lynch, Johnny Manziel, EJ Manuel, Robert Griffin, Brandon Weeden, Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Tim Tebow, Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Jamarcus Russel, Brady Quinn, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Jason Campbell, JP Losman, Kyle Boller, Byron Leftwich, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Patrick Ramsey, Tim Couch, Akili Smith....

You get the idea. 

As I pointed out yesterday you are not the guru of QBs you think you are.

We don't know what Allen will be yet.  Watch the Pack game.  Watch yesterday.  Then tell me he's not learning.  If you do then I will know you didn't actually watch the games.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We don't know what Allen will be yet.  Watch the Pack game.  Watch yesterday.  Then tell me he's not learning.  If you do then I will know you didn't actually watch the games.

He had 80 yards.

He has 700 yards in 5 games.

Yesterday was actually worse than his average (somehow), but you know you seem to think yesterday was great. 

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I'm not trying to be a guru.

I'm simply explaining that the history of the NFL from the past 25 years says that Josh Allen is probably going to be a bust. 

Watch the Pack game? The one where we got shutout and he threw 2 awful interceptions? Yesterday he showed nothing aside from one completion for 39 yards that any NFL QB should be expected to complete. 

He's not learning anything. He's been horrible since the first half of the Minnesota game. He looks like an over matched 3rd string QB. We have no passing offense with him on the field. He holds the ball too long, looks to run too fast, and he just generally does nothing to generate positive offense and points on the board. 

He makes the same mistakes week in and week out. 

Edited by jrober38

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

I hope they let him play through this as long as he's healthy.

It would be a poor decision not to considering our other options are Peterman (for now) or Anderson.

For better or worse you’ve given him the reigns. Now you have to ride it out and see what he can do. So far, it’s not looking promising 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

It would be a poor decision not to considering our other options are Peterman (for now) or Anderson.

For better or worse you’ve given him the reigns. Now you have to ride it out and see what he can do. So far, it’s not looking promising 

Agreed. This isn't unexpected based on what he was as a prospect coming out of Wyoming.

• Like (+1) 1