Allen looked very good today

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Have you thought maybe it’s allen holding the offense back? Doesn’t mean he’s a bust just that he’s struggling right now.  

He is garbage but he is OUR garbage

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Depends. When his initial read is there the ball comes out. I don't see a difference. He's not seeing the field well and/or he doesn't trust what he's seeing. 

For a young QB the stats don't mean much to me, I just look at rhythm of throws. There is no rhythm. His feet seem too fast. Something just isn't right. I can't sit here and say what it is, that's for the Bills coaches. All I know is he rarely throws the football on rhythm, everything seems late. 

He is like most every young QB.  The game has to slow down for him.  It takes time.  Some have it slow down faster, some slower, some never.

Watch the game against the Pack, then watch yesterday.  Watch them objectively. He's getting there.  He's not blindly running out of the pocket.  He's starting to be more decisive.  Can I guarantee he'll get there?  No.  But progress is definitively evident if you just watch the games without preconceived bias. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Agreed the game doesn’t really seem to big for Josh seems by design the coaches are basically giving one read and if it s not open use his legs and that’s it just a shame he got hurt 

Agreed - Bruce was the real all time great.

Josh is literally the worst QB in the NFL when the other team puts anything like pressure on him.

Not sure how that translates into "the game doesn't seem too big". Why would people say that? Because he scrambles around and often makes horrific decisions, either with the ball or with his body? 

That run towards the end of his stay, where he decided to challenge the linebacker and was simultaneously hit by a 340 pound lineman, just for an example. His leap over Anthony Barr is a screaming example of what is wrong with that man. It is BAD football, and he continually is writing checks his body cannot deliver on a consistent basis either through the air or on the ground.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

He is like most every young QB.  The game has to slow down for him.  It takes time.  Some have it slow down faster, some slower, some never.

Watch the game against the Pack, then watch yesterday.  Watch them objectively. He's getting there.  He's not blindly running out of the pocket.  He's starting to be more decisive.  Can I guarantee he'll get there?  No.  But progress is definitively evident if you just watch the games without preconceived bias. 

Just get us one of them there scientific machines that slow down time and put it in an NFL game, saw one of them there machines on a TV show a few years ago

one time a TV guy clapped his hands and everyone froze and he could move things around and then clap everyone back into real time, think of the possibilities, first 300 yard passing game since Jim Kelly!

maybe ask the opposing D to try less so he can develop, for the sake of fairness

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

No he's not like every other young QB. He's not throwing it. Making the wrong decision is one thing, he's not making the decision. That's the problem. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

What if it’s allen that’s historically bad right now? Let’s see anderson go in for a game and see if the wrs can catch balls.  

Lol, Ray Ray, Foster, Jones should all be stars! Only thing holding them back is Allen!!!

Lol

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

No he's not like every other young QB. He's not throwing it. Making the wrong decision is one thing, he's not making the decision. That's the problem. 

Stop

Just now, aristocrat said:

Zay jones td was the best thrown ball all day. Zay has a great route and catch he’s a decent nfl wr not historically bad

He has been terrible. He's in his second year. He has shown no signs of improvement. 

1 minute ago, westside said:

Lol, Ray Ray, Foster, Jones should all be stars! Only thing holding them back is Allen!!!

Lol

Lets see Anderson try and revisit this.  And there you go exaggerating what I say to somehow price me wrong which is funny

2 minutes ago, westside said:

Stop

He has been terrible. He's in his second year. He has shown no signs of improvement. 

Map you’re saying the nice route and td catch was not good?  We all want Allen to be great but that doesn’t mean he’s playing well right now. He’s not and that’s ok. 

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I recall 3 beautiful passes where  -if not for insidious penalties- would have completely turned the game in our favor and added at least 100 yards. I see continual improvement in Allen but it’s slow and sometimes hard to watch.

He had a rookie performance, with some good and some bad.

He stood in the pocket at times (the tackle on Zay in the first drive that wasn't called by the refs and the  dart to KB before the injury) He saw some greeen and took it with his legs.

He got sacked on a couple of  3rd downs that was bad (on a delay blitz in the 1st half and by JJ Watt splitting a double team)

It would have been great to see the team score on the red zone, I thought he had Croom open for a second but he chose to throw it to Zay Jones, maybe a rookie mistake going to his predetermined guy pre-snap. 

in the third QTR the Texans were able to minimize McCoy and Ivory's impact and dared the rookie to beat them. He had the long pass to KB, negated by captain Di Marco's penalty and then had the beautiful pass to KB that was his final pass. 

I believe it was a fine performance by the rookie going into a loud stadium against Watt and Clowney led defense. 

The outrage comes from losing that game after a fantastic defensive performance. That is what really hurts. 

• Like (+1) 4

i'm trying to put as much support as i can behind allen, but i haven't seen any real progress yet.  not blown away by that, but it's a little discouraging.  that being said, it's more how he progresses from this year to next.  no matter what this staff is going to give him time, so people may want to come to terms with that.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Just get us one of them there scientific machines that slow down time and put it in an NFL game, saw one of them there machines on a TV show a few years ago

one time a TV guy clapped his hands and everyone froze and he could move things around and then clap everyone back into real time, think of the possibilities, first 300 yard passing game since Jim Kelly!

maybe ask the opposing D to try less so he can develop, for the sake of fairness

Your usual nonsense unfortunately.  Every young QB has to get the game to slow down for him. 

49 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I disagree after watching yesterday.  He's threw 19 times in less than 3 full quarters, which is reasonable given the focus on the run game. 

As time goes on he'll process quicker and get the ball out quicker.  I'm not saying he's great by any means.  He has a lot to learn.  What I'm saying is those who insist he's making no progress aren't really watching what's going on.