Bills have quietly built very solid depth on defense(outside LB)

Big Turk

Bills have done a great job with DLine and DB group adding very solid depth since the start of the season.

Bills might have the deepest DLine rotation in the NFL after adding Jordan Phillips to the mix and can literally roll out 2 seperate 4 man units if they wanted to...

Secondary is also in very good shape after snagging Ryan Lewis and Dontae Johnson. Johnson started for the past 2 years in San Fran and was going to be a starter for Seattle this year before hurting his groin and ending up on IR.

Tre White has blossomed into one of the best lockdown CBs in the league and erases the other teams best weapon for the most part every game.

Our LBs have performed very well also but depth is a concern. Humber is OK and then there is not much behind him. However the starting 3 have been pretty great for the most part. Lorax seems to be ageless and getting better somehow...Milano is all over the place and Edmunds continues improving every week and has made some key defensive plays for us already.

• Like (+1) 1

I love the defense and depth they have there. Hopefully they can put a strong focus on improving the offense in the upcoming off season. McDermott knows defense. Hopefully he can be as successful with the offense next year. 

Good post though I do believe Lewis was inactive this week, and it wasn't due to injury. There was a whole lot of Phillip Gaines going on today. I'd say we can stand to improve the secondary but I have faith McD will do just that.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t think it will take 3 years.  

It will take more, b/c we won't look good until we have a new QB not currently on the team, and that's going to coincide with another regime change.  And that assumes the next guy actually pans out. 

It'll be a while.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t think it will take 3 years.  

Maybe not. Depends on if this front office can reprioritize its draft strategy and a few other things. If they can figure out how to find offensive playmakers in the draft and really invest picks in the O, maybe they can turn it around in one year. I don’t think McDermott will do this though.

They have a few needs but overall good talent.  The offense has been decimated the past 2 offseasons.  They tried, with the Benjamin trade.  That looks like a waste.  I expect alot of money and picks being dumped into the offense.  Will Daboll and McDermott be the one building it.  Idk.  

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

It will take more, b/c we won't look good until we have a new QB not currently on the team, and that's going to coincide with another regime change.  And that assumes the next guy actually pans out. 

It'll be a while.

2 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Maybe not. Depends on if this front office can reprioritize its draft strategy and a few other things. If they can figure out how to find offensive playmakers in the draft and really invest picks in the O, maybe they can turn it around in one year. I don’t think McDermott will do this though.

Go ahead.  Write off Josh Allen after <5 weeks of being thrust into playing in a horrible offense.  Love it.

6 minutes ago, Best Player Available said:

Only the Bills would need 3 MORE years to field a competitve complete team.

So SIX years? No big deal. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Go ahead.  Write off Josh Allen after <5 weeks of being thrust into playing in a horrible offense.  Love it.

Assuming I am talking about Allen? No man. I  am talking about getting competitive receivers, a decent center and maybe a guard and a right tackle. Oh and a replacement for McCoy. Not even talking about Allen. Never hated the guy. I want to give him the tools to succeed. 

EDIT: a stud tight end would help out a lot as well.

Edited by JoPar_v2

11 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Good post though I do believe Lewis was inactive this week, and it wasn't due to injury. There was a whole lot of Phillip Gaines going on today. I'd say we can stand to improve the secondary but I have faith McD will do just that.

He was but that wasn't a reflection on his play as much as it was Dontae Johnson is just a starter caliber player. Lewis has played mostly pretty well.

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

They have a few needs but overall good talent.  The offense has been decimated the past 2 offseasons.  They tried, with the Benjamin trade.  That looks like a waste.  I expect alot of money and picks being dumped into the offense.  Will Daboll and McDermott be the one building it.  Idk.  

McDermott is going nowhere. No chance he gets fired or Beane for that matter. They already knew and pretty much expected this year happening.

12 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

It'll be a while.

5 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Assuming I am talking about Allen? No man. I  am talking about getting competitive receivers, a decent center and maybe a guard and a right tackle. Oh and a replacement for McCoy. Not even talking about Allen. Never hated the guy. I want to give him the tools to succeed. 

EDIT: a stud tight end would help out a lot as well.

Then why did you “like” this ridiculous post?

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Ah yes, the "it's too early to evaluate him" defense.

That will fade with the passage of time.

We can revisit down the road.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Then why did you “like” this ridiculous post?

Whoops. Hit the wrong promo. No I don’t agree with that. Way too early to pass final judgment on Allen.

More worried about the front office philosophy at this point. Like I said, they seem to hit on defensive players. White, Taron, Phillips, Edmunds to a lesser extent. They need to show me they can hit on those players on the offensive side.

10 hours ago, matter2003 said:

He was but that wasn't a reflection on his play as much as it was Dontae Johnson is just a starter caliber player. Lewis has played mostly pretty well.

McDermott is going nowhere. No chance he gets fired or Beane for that matter. They already knew and pretty much expected this year happening.

Having poor talent was expected.  Completely, botching the whole thing falls on McDermott.  Beane is safe in my opinion.  He traded AJ when McDermott made his decision on starting Peterman.