Are the Bills covering up for Josh?

PUNT750

The Bills official website stated (per Chris Brown) - - "Josh Allen played well in the game, completing 10 of 17 passes for 84 yards. "

He stunk!  No feel for the game, inaccurate throws, jumpy in the pocket, no quick release of the ball and certainly unable to lead the offense down the field.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

He seemed out of sync until the last couple drives. He started connecting with Benjamin on longer throws that unfortunately were called back. Leading to punts anyway. The pre snap penalties needed to end weeks ago. 

I'm more concerned with how they are still happening than a Josh Allen cover up. 

14 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

The Bills official website stated (per Chris Brown) - - "Josh Allen played well in the game, completing 10 of 17 passes for 84 yards. "

He stunk!  No feel for the game, inaccurate throws, jumpy in the pocket, no quick release of the ball and certainly unable to lead the offense down the field.

LMAO.  

17 minutes ago, PUNT750 said:

Maybe they were comparing him to Peterman? 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

To me he looked today like he has much of the season.  Raw and not ready.  He abandons the pocket way too early, has trouble keeping his eyes upfield, and struggles with his footwork/accuracy.

The situation that he was thrusts into is certainly not a good one.  I remain optimistic, however, that he can develop the tools to be a good one.  The kid is a competitor, and I feel strongly that he will put the work in if provided the appropriate guidance/coaching.  He is not close to a finished product, obviously, but we have to roll with him now if he is healthy.  

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, GreatComeback said:

He’s pointing out something legit.  The Bills expects us to take Brown’s reporting serious, yet he tells us Allen played “well?”

Point well taken, but he didn’t play poorly and he didn’t play great.  Did he play “well?”  Well I don’t think so.  Do I think the Bills are trying to “cover up” for Josh Allen?  No.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

To me he looked today like he has much of the season.  Raw and not ready.  He abandons the pocket way too early, has trouble keeping his eyes upfield, and struggles with his footwork/accuracy.

The situation that he was thrusts into is certainly not a good one.  I remain optimistic, however, that he can develop the tools to be a good one.  The kid is a competitor, and I feel strongly that he will put the work in if provided the appropriate guidance/coaching.  He is not close to a finished product, obviously, but we have to roll with him now if he is healthy.  

Unfortunately I’m pretty skeptical of everything associated with his development at the moment.

heck, bring in Palmer. Anything to help him with mechanics and film.

57 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

With all respect, why?  When have you seen it before?  

The Josh Allen we see in Buffalo is the same Josh Allen from his college career.  It's who he is.  Why in the world would he suddenly morph into a competent QB while facing the best talent and toughest scheming working against him in his life? 

He will continue to have ups and downs, do a few good things and make some mistakes, but the charting of his performance level will remain about the same at mid-season, and at the end of this season as well.

It will also be about the same at the beginning of next season and that's when the clock on his career will start to strike midnight.

Unfortunately, McBeane will stand behind their decision and die on Josh Allen Hill, so we are not going to take another QB to jump in next season.

We are looking at failed seasons this year and next, followed by regime change.

This is why I'd love to dump off every veteran that we can get picks for.  Try to minimize the damage and build for the future insofar as we can now.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

With all respect, why?  When have you seen it before?  

The Josh Allen we see in Buffalo is the same Josh Allen from his college career.  It's who he is.  Why in the world would he suddenly morph into a competent QB while facing the best talent and toughest scheming working against him in his life? 

He will continue to have ups and downs, do a few good things and make some mistakes, but the charting of his performance level will remain about the same at mid-season, and at the end of this season as well.

It will also be about the same at the beginning of next season and that's when the clock on his career will start to strike midnight.

Unfortunately, McBeane will stand behind their decision and die on Josh Allen Hill, so we are not going to take another QB to jump in next season.

We are looking at failed seasons this year and next, followed by regime change.

This is why I'd love to dump off every veteran that we can get picks for.  Try to minimize the damage and build for the future insofar as we can now.

Yeah, because QB’s never improve after college.  The same lynch mob came after Goff after his rookie season.  I’m saying I think he can develop.  You are writing him off after 5 weeks of his rookie season.  One of us  is going to be right.  I’d rather it be me.

• Like (+1) 1