Long hair is not a strategic advantage

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

You may think this is just a complaint or a “hot take” but this is a serious gripe - long hair/dreds/locks/corn rows etc do nothing but invite defenders to pull you down quick or interfere with your ability to concentrate on the game. . Here’s the data:

1) Chris Ivory was yanked down and unable to pick up a first down (which he could have attained if he had shorter hair). As I recall, that was a drive we needed. 

2)  Clowney was neutralized in this game and, in fact, jumped off sides a few times probably because his hair may have been in the way. 

3) Ray Ray McCloud has really nice hair - but it didn’t help him concentrate on the kickoff or the lost punt. 

4) Kelvin Benjamin??? One major league catch and 20 other drops or slow routes. He fails to block for fear of messin’ up his hair (or so it seems). 

I’m at wits end.  Draftees next year should have manageable hair so the players don’t have to worry about it. They should concentrate on football. 

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

DphAC-EXoAAgiNQ.jpg

Rough.. hair on hair crime...

12 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

You may think this is just a complaint or a “hot take” but this is a serious gripe - long hair/dreds/locks/corn rows etc do nothing but invite defenders to pull you down quick or interfere with your ability to concentrate on the game. . Here’s the data:

1) Chris Ivory was yanked down and unable to pick up a first down (which he could have attained if he had shorter hair). As I recall, that was a drive we needed. 

2)  Clowney was neutralized in this game and, in fact, jumped off sides a few times probably because his hair may have been in the way. 

3) Ray Ray McCloud has really nice hair - but it didn’t help him concentrate on the kickoff or the lost punt. 

4) Kelvin Benjamin??? One major league catch and 20 other drops or slow routes. He fails to block for fear of messin’ up his hair (or so it seems). 

I’m at wits end.  Draftees next year should have manageable hair so the players don’t have to worry about it. They should concentrate on football. 

I originally thought McDermott with un-tackle-able hair Was sending a message. 

Sammy and Darby were shipped out. Gaines and Mathews in. That’s a legit hair cut by position. 

But then the k Benj pick up totally confounded me. 

Im really not sure what the organization’s position on hair is at this point. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, R Y G A R said:

If you can tackle by the hair and it's legal, can and offensive lineman grab a fistful of dreads while he's run blocking? I've always wondered that? I figured if they could, Belichick would have his guys doing it already.

That's called holding.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/14/2018 at 8:05 PM, BringBackFergy said:

This.

The tackle of Chris Ivory certainly would not have happened had he not had those dreadlocks.  If he's all in on being the best he can be, I think that tackle might convince him to adopt a different hair style.  But I think he makes enough of a contribution that keeping his 'do doesn't jeopardize his role on the team.

On 10/17/2018 at 8:40 AM, Just in Atlanta said:

maxresdefault.jpg

I remember this........Babin yanked out his extensions.?

Still love that play where Bradham threw Ivory down...........that was an outright, intentional full handful of hair grab and slam.   The Clowney pull was kind've a last resort grab.

Last Sunday, Texans defender Jadeveon Clowney dragged Bills running back Chris Ivory to the ground with a hair pull. It’s a legal maneuver. Eventually, it may not be.

NFL senior V.P. of officiating Al Riveron explained in his weekly rules video that the question of whether the hair pull should be removed from the game will be raised in the offseason, and that it specifically will be discussed with the NFL Players Association.

The easiest solution to the situation could be to place limits on hair length. However, the Collective Bargaining Agreement currently states that players cannot be disciplined in any way based on hair length. Which allows them to grow their hair as long as they want.

If the league were to ban hair pulls, players would have a natural incentive to grow their hair long (and coaches would have an incentive to ask them to), in the hopes of randomly picking up 15 yards here or there as a result of an inadvertent grab and pull of hair that happens to be in the vicinity of the lunging defender’s grasp. Which would create a rash of long-haired football players, similar to the pre-helmet days when players actually believed long hair protected them from head injuries.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:51 AM, YoloinOhio said:

So in the 2019 draft, the Bills should only be selecting players who are able to grow a full head of hair, quickly. Receding forelines will be taken off of the board immediately.

On 10/14/2018 at 8:05 PM, BringBackFergy said:

5) Marshawn Lynch would drag 5 people behind him all hanging onto his dreads. BEAST MODE can handle it!

• Like (+1) 1