Long hair is not a strategic advantage

You may think this is just a complaint or a “hot take” but this is a serious gripe - long hair/dreds/locks/corn rows etc do nothing but invite defenders to pull you down quick or interfere with your ability to concentrate on the game. . Here’s the data:

1) Chris Ivory was yanked down and unable to pick up a first down (which he could have attained if he had shorter hair). As I recall, that was a drive we needed. 

2)  Clowney was neutralized in this game and, in fact, jumped off sides a few times probably because his hair may have been in the way. 

3) Ray Ray McCloud has really nice hair - but it didn’t help him concentrate on the kickoff or the lost punt. 

4) Kelvin Benjamin??? One major league catch and 20 other drops or slow routes. He fails to block for fear of messin’ up his hair (or so it seems). 

I’m at wits end.  Draftees next year should have manageable hair so the players don’t have to worry about it. They should concentrate on football. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

That’s the first time I’ve seen a tackle off a strand of hair.

i guess there’s a gentleman’s agreement not to reach for it more often?

If it wasn’t long that would have been a 1st down. No need for a gentleman’s agreement in the first place. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

If it wasn’t long that would have been a 1st down. No need for a gentleman’s agreement in the first place. 

Yup, but everyone does what they want and you have to agree they are superior to you....

Totally agree with the OP.  I mean think about it when do you ever see a hairy swimmer?  A split second can mean a lot in that sport.  Hair can slow you down.

How come most basketball players are bald? I don’t think it’s because they’re all losing their hair.  It’s cooler to run up and down the court,

Full heads of hair can slow down Ivory per say a split second which can be the difference to hitting the holes.  It also as the OP eludes to makes him easier to tackle 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Idandria said:

I have great hair, but totally agree with the OP in this. 

Long hair is cool on some guys, but it has no place in this game. Huge distraction. I’d wager to say there isn’t one “Hall of Fame” type player that had to muss with their hair in between plays (except for Sammy Watkins..he’ll be HOF first ballot)

4 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Long hair is cool on some guys, but it has no place in this game. Huge distraction. I’d wager to say there isn’t one “Hall of Fame” type player that had to muss with their hair in between plays (except for Sammy Watkins..he’ll be HOF first ballot)

troy polomalu?

kevin greene?

51 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

You may think this is just a complaint or a “hot take” but this is a serious gripe - long hair/dreds/locks/corn rows etc do nothing but invite defenders to pull you down quick or interfere with your ability to concentrate on the game. . Here’s the data:

1) Chris Ivory was yanked down and unable to pick up a first down (which he could have attained if he had shorter hair). As I recall, that was a drive we needed. 

2)  Clowney was neutralized in this game and, in fact, jumped off sides a few times probably because his hair may have been in the way. 

3) Ray Ray McCloud has really nice hair - but it didn’t help him concentrate on the kickoff or the lost punt. 

4) Kelvin Benjamin??? One major league catch and 20 other drops or slow routes. He fails to block for fear of messin’ up his hair (or so it seems). 

I’m at wits end.  Draftees next year should have manageable hair so the players don’t have to worry about it. They should concentrate on football. 

Listen here, Delilah, put down the scissors and back slowly and quietly from Ivory’s bedroom. Ultimately, you’ll get no love from the Philistines. 

• Haha (+1) 2